• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New Tatuaje? Anarchy?

Tatuaje....The Madison Avenue Marketing Machine at it's Finest....

Madison_Ave_NYC_looking_nor.jpg

Cigars?....what cigars?

So the limited Halloween release has went from 666 boxes, to 1200 boxes, to 22,000 cigars? I like Pete, and I like his cigars, but this whole thing is turning into a major clusterf**k. Maybe it's time to pull back to just making regular production cigars. Like the Fuentes or not, they at least know how to play the limited edition game without constantly stepping on their own dicks. Pete, not so much.

666*13=8,658
1300*13=16,900
666*13+1300*10=21658

Not that huge of a leap.

People bitch about there not being enough of these LE cigars, then people complain when he makes more...

When he stops selling all of the monsters that he makes, THAT would be the time to stop making them.

I don't know why I post here. Maybe I just like being the counterpoint to all the people that are too cool for school and are soooooo over tatuaje. People go GAGA for anything limited that Fuente comes out with, but that's completely different from people getting excited about something that any other company does.

There's alot of acid over here for people that get excited about Pete Johnson's stuff, doesn't really fit with the whole "brotherhood" vibe that people pretend exists in this place.

So the limited Halloween release has went from 666 boxes, to 1200 boxes, to 22,000 cigars? I like Pete, and I like his cigars, but this whole thing is turning into a major clusterf**k. Maybe it's time to pull back to just making regular production cigars. Like the Fuentes or not, they at least know how to play the limited edition game without constantly stepping on their own dicks. Pete, not so much.

666*13=8,658
1300*13=16,900
666*13+1300*10=21658

Not that huge of a leap.

People bitch about there not being enough of these LE cigars, then people complain when he makes more...

When he stops selling all of the monsters that he makes, THAT would be the time to stop making them.

I don't know why I post here. Maybe I just like being the counterpoint to all the people that are too cool for school and are soooooo over tatuaje. People go GAGA for anything limited that Fuente comes out with, but that's completely different from people getting excited about something that any other company does.

There's alot of acid over here for people that get excited about Pete Johnson's stuff, doesn't really fit with the whole "brotherhood" vibe that people pretend exists in this place.

From the opinions I've seen expressed here, almost all of them have said that they are tatuaje fans but dislike the hype or cigars themselves from his limited release stuff. If you go back through some history here you'll see about an equal amount of people who have said they are tired of chasing the Anejos and Opus from the Fuente line that you have a lot of acid about. No one is forcing you to be here. If you think we are all pretending that we have forged friendships from our participation on CP you are sadly mistaken. You seem to still be struggling with the concept that people can share their honest opinions about cigars without the majority of us getting bent out of shape about it. There are several people who have shared their disdain for my beloved Schlitz. While they will spend an eternity in a Lake of Fire, I don't hold anything personal against them.

I really think Pete is a good dude, but we need to schedule him for surgery to have a Plexiglas Window installed in his stomach. Tmoney has his head buried so far up Pete's ass, he can't ever seem to see what the hell's right in front of him. It's the least we could do.

Could both Gary's please re-size their pictures so it doesn't take three hours to read this thread? This has been a public service announcement. :sign:

From the horses mouth(via Facebook)...

"The plan is to sell 666 limited edition boxes of 13 to 13 retailers on the 13th of Oct. and have 1300 plain boxes of 10 sold the week of Halloween to my top 130 retailers."

666*13=8,658
1300*13=16,900
666*13+1300*10=21658

Not that huge of a leap.

Ok, I'll bite. A leap of 13,000 cigars in a 2 year span, when you announce that you are going to do 666 boxes per year, is a big leap. I've met Pete. I think Pete's a good dude with a great passion for this industry. I like Tat brown labels as well as any cigar made. I also think Pete gets in over his head on his limited edition stuff. He constantly announces that he's "releasing XXX number of cigars, one time only" but then somehow keeps releasing more of them. Just look at the limited release Tat Blacks that have been released 5 different times now. Or how the Monster series keeps growing every year. Or his multiple releases of the Bombazos, and the T110, etc. I quite frankly don't give a shit if he releases 10 million of each cigar, just don't keep telling me that these are "one time only limited" when they aren't. You want to defend Pete, fine. He's created this damn mess himself. Hell, ask anyone that's been around here for a while, I used to be an unapologetic Pete whore, and he's even turned me off to his limited release stuff.

Now, for your other garbage...I don't know why you post here either if you hate it so bad. Don't like it, leave it. You're going to get honest opinion around here, and if you don't like that others have opposing views to you, then you might be best served to go find (or start) a Pete Johnson ass kissing board the way CF is a Fuente ass kiss board. You get excited for Pete stuff, I don't anymore. Why does that make your opinion better than mine?

Now, for your last point....don't even start on the "brotherhood" bull crap. You want to say we fake a "brotherhood" around here? You can kiss a fat babies ass on that one. Ask any of the guys rolling into KC in about a month about the brotherhood we share. Ask Smokyballs about this brotherhood, and what it's done for him. Ask Souldog, a guys I didn't know 2 years ago, about brotherhood. Hell ask Jonesy and Jfields about brotherhood. And there are a million more stories out there, and people who will tell you all about the brotherhood of this place.

Probably because Fuente doesn't screw up their limited releases. But then I'm only speculating.

tmoney, if you don't like it here, as bsneed said feel free to leave. Looks like you've worn out your welcome anyhow with that last insult about CP having a fake brotherhood.

Crawl back to BOTL. What a brotherhood over there! Threads with a good discussion get locked, posts get deleted without reason or recourse, and you can gouge and take advantage of people all day long over there.

Some "brotherhood."

I really think Pete is a good dude, but we need to schedule him for surgery to have a Plexiglas Window installed in his stomach. Tmoney has his head buried so far up Pete's ass, he can't ever seem to see what the hell's right in front of him. It's the least we could do.

LOL! I missed your post.

You must realize, though, that tmoney is Pete's self-appointed defender on CP.

It's his mission at CP and he takes it very seriously apparently. Everyone at CP is too cool for school when it comes to Tatuaje. But not tmoney. He is not too cool for school.

Tsk tsk tsk tmoney, I thought you were better than this. I'll tell you something about the "fake brotherhood" we have here on CP. A majority of my friends are here on CP, and they're guys I haven't even met. Sneeds, Joe Joe, Clint, Tom, Phil, Josh, Swiss Miss, Jim, E, Brian, Brian (deceased), John, Alan, James, Charles, Shant, John, Yesi, Matt, Joe, Mick, Tim, Jesus, Rod, Charlie(s), and a sh*tload of other people I can't think of right now are people I consider friends and part of a brotherhood.

You want to die on this hill for your buddy Pete? By all means, go for it. I just can't ever seem to wrap my head around Tatuaje lovers' tenacious loyalty to that man. I don't want to waste my breath a second time, so here ya go:

[tmoney], I've seen you get your feathers all ruffled anytime someone says something YOU don't like about the Tatuaje brand. You can't seem to get past the fact that people have opinions, and everybody here shares them because it is a discussion board.

Do you know what that is? That's when people from all walks of life show up to an online forum and discuss specific things. In this case, this forum is a cigar forum, and we discuss cigars. Sometimes, in discussing said cigars, people don't like certain cigars, and that's okay. That is called an "opinion." And guess what dude, not everyone has YOUR OPINION, so get over it.

If you don't like people registering their opinion in your sacred little Tatuaje threads, then go somewhere else. Todd forbid we have an online community where people have differing opinions. Get off of your high horse, stop looking at yourself through rose-colored glasses, and come back down to reality.

So there you go. The One Man Tatuaje Freedom Fighter. Go away.

Tatuaje vs. Fuente . . . no contest. :laugh:

Granted, I love me some Cojonu and Reserva, no doubt about it. But I recently managed to score a box of Lost City Opus, and let me tell you, when it comes to limited edition, high end releases . . . Pete ain't got a clue and needs his ear sponges wrung out. Fuente is the no disappointment leader at that game. Classy is as classy does.

As far as "fake" brotherhood goes . . . every day this place amazes me. Just when I think I've finally stepped up to the CP standard, I get in a trade or deal with someone here and they bomb the ever-luvvin' bejeezus outta me. Now THAT'S some brotherhood!

This forum encourages me to aspire to a higher standard. THAT is just plain irreplaceable.

~Boar

666*13=8,658
1300*13=16,900
666*13+1300*10=21658

Not that huge of a leap.

8658*2.5 = 21645

2.5x as many produced, in just a 2 year span. That's not that huge of a leap? C'mon, be a fake brother and PM me your investment advice that can show me 2.5x on my money in 2 years. Thanks.

I too don't live or die with Pete's LE offerings. Part of it is the hype but mainly I haven't smoked one of his LE's that I liked yet. That being said his Tat Noellas are my favorite smoke and have been for a while now.

As far as the CP "fake brotherhood" tmoney2007 alluded to; well add him to the list as another person that doesn't get it.

P.S. I'd drink a PBR over a Schlitz any day of the week.

edit: for clarity

Could both Gary's please re-size their pictures so it doesn't take three hours to read this thread? This has been a public service announcement. :sign:

Good idea. Its dark and I get scared some times.

You obviously don't get it and you never will. I'm not going to waste my time explaining how fake brotherhood saved me. You aren't worth my story. Keep sucking Pete's dick, you will get a mouth full of what you deserve!

Nothing is cooler than anarchy! :)

I wasn't on Pete Face book page, but I happened to stumble upon his marketing plan for the new Anarchy.

Linkity