• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New toy! Pizza anyone?

Nice!

I think Mr. Roberti has something like that.

We use our Green Egg to cook our pizzas when we aren’t feeling lazy. Nothing like cooking pie in less than two minutes under high heat. Can’t beat the flavor!

Looks kinda small. What will it fit?

Grilled pizza is the way to go. I could eat pizza three four days a week easy. Instead we keep it to Friday nights. So good.

My favorite is pepperoni, mushroom, sliced tomatoe, garlic.

Excellent

Nice looking unit. I wish we had the weather for something like that. We use a stone in our convection oven @ 500. Heating the stone at least 30 minutes before needed. But really its all about the crust! I live inn New Haven county which is one off the great thin crust pizza capitals of the world. I didn't like my wife's home made pizza until she started using a recipe from Lidia Bastianich, thin and crusty. Toppings are only limited by your imagination. One of my favorites is Motz, pre sautéed onions, chopped garlic and shrimp sliced in half. Drizzle it with a little reduce balsamic vinegar and its heaven.

I've fired it up three times so far. Cooked 2 pies per session. Yes it's small, and purpose made for 12" pizza's. Per my IR thermo the stone reaches 880- 900 degs in 10 minutes.

The first attempt cooking the wood flame was full force and lapping over the top of the pizza, those cooked in 2 minutes but the crust got burned because I have no view of the inside. Second time I was more careful and watched it more closely. Third time, I let the flame burn down quite a bit before I put them in and I cooked them for about 3 - 3.5 minutes. All cooks times included one rotation half way though.

I'm still getting used to it and figuring out all the nuances, but it's nice having this high a temp to cook them the right way. And it's really easy to fire up (I use a propane torch blowing in from a side hole on the burner for 60 seconds or less). I only use about 3 cups of pellets per two pizzas. It warms up really fast, and clean up is simply dumping the ash left over from the last session.

Loving it so far......

I've been interested in one that goes on the Weber kettles, but I've not pulled the trigger. Making me think I should.

Didn't realize how bad I needed one until I saw the vids.....
Yay, another acquisition disorder. :D

I can't wait to get a nicer oven myself. I also find that rotating it a few times during helps it to cook evenly, well at least for me since the front is open. Glad to see you jumped in and got one!

I have had my eye on those for a while now. It would be great for pizza night at home, and is also small enough that it would fit in the RV for camping trips.

Nice!

I think Mr. Roberti has something like that.

We use our Green Egg to cook our pizzas when we aren’t feeling lazy. Nothing like cooking pie in less than two minutes under high heat. Can’t beat the flavor!

I just got a Kamado Joe. Any recipe or tips you can share? Thank you.

Best,
Joe

I just got a Kamado Joe. Any recipe or tips you can share? Thank you.

Best,
Joe

Get a good/thick pizza stone. I don’t know about Kamado Joe, but The Egg has a Conveegtor spacer between the grill grate and the pizza stone so the full heat fury of the coals is less prone to burn your crust. I still recommend dusting your stone with cornmeal to keep the dough from sticking.

I like to use Bobby Flay’s recipe for my crust using bread flour here: https://www.google.com/amp/www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/pizza-dough-recipe-1921714.amp

Toppings and sauces you just need to experiment.

Get a good/thick pizza stone. I don’t know about Kamado Joe, but The Egg has a Conveegtor spacer between the grill grate and the pizza stone so the full heat fury of the coals is less prone to burn your crust. I still recommend dusting your stone with cornmeal to keep the dough from sticking.

I like to use Bobby Flay’s recipe for my crust using bread flour here: https://www.google.com/amp/www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/pizza-dough-recipe-1921714.amp

Funny, the recipe I use (found elsewhere) is identical to the one you posted and I LOVE it! I'm going to have to make it soon....

Thank you!

This is the receipt I've been using. I have a scale and always go weight if possible, you get closer to the perfect ratio of dry to wet and don't have to mess with it as much.

• 500g (about 4 cups) Type ’00’ flour
  • 300g water (110 deg)
  • 20g (1 tbsp) olive oil
  • 10g (2 tsp) salt
  • 7g dry yeast