• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New Under Armour Running Shoe

souldog

OG Post-Whorer since 2008 bitches...
Hello Ladies and Gents,

For you running types, I was wondering if anybody has purchased or tried out Under Armour's new running shoe. I am a big advocate of the UA machine because their products work, and I am contemplating getting some of their new shoes to run in since I have logged about 400 miles on my current pair of Brooks.

They retail approximately $100, which is cheaper than most Saucony's, or Brooks, but I also am apprehensive to drop $100 bucks on a first-edition shoe that just came out this year without first reading a review.

p4975163dt.jpg

Anyone try one? If so, what are your thoughts? Would you run a marathon in them?

I only run when chased, but I think they should be called Under Foot (or Under Foout, given the other unnecessary U in their name...).

do they automatically stop at every donut shop?
:whistling:

I'm just learning to run and I have my New Balance that are about ready to be retired. I like UA too, but I don't know how they will fare for a clydesdale.

Not a good running shoe. Try an Asics or Mizuno. Best bet is to hit a running store and let them size you up.

If it means anything to you, my local running store is taking a hands off approach to the Under Armor line for now. They are going to wait and see rather than jump in on a new product. All of my running shoes have been either New Balance or Asics. I like both of those brands.

do they automatically stop at every donut shop?
:whistling:

:laugh: JERKOFF!! :sign:

Not a good running shoe. Try an Asics or Mizuno. Best bet is to hit a running store and let them size you up.

Dulaney, have you tried it? I'm looking for firsthand experience. I've done the running store thing, I know what I like and I know what I run in, but again: I'm looking for first-hand experience regarding the testing of the new UA shoe. I don't need advice on getting a new running shoe, I need advice on the UA shoe and if anyone's tried it.

I'm sorry, but I can't express it enough that I am looking for experience with this shoe. With three marathons under my belt, I'm sure I am good to go in terms of knowing what I like. Thanks for the response.

My wife has just run through her last pair of shoes and is going to test these out.

I would be glad to let you know. I am sure they will be a superior shoe.

UPDATE: I went to Sports Authority last night, pulled on a size 13, and ran with them on. OH MY GOD. They feel pretty awesome, so I picked up a pair. Today, I'll run a couple miles on a treadmill in them (which was recommended by the hot sales associate so I can return them if need be) and let you guys know my thoughts. :thumbs:

UPDATE: I went to Sports Authority last night, pulled on a size 13, and ran with them on. OH MY GOD. They feel pretty awesome, so I picked up a pair. Today, I'll run a couple miles on a treadmill in them (which was recommended by the hot sales associate so I can return them if need be) and let you guys know my thoughts. :thumbs:

Is that your review?

What about the construction?
Is there a triple cap?
How was the burn?
Is the flavor profile to your liking?

Geez copper give us more :sign: :sign: :sign:

Depends on your gait. I put several 10k's in wearing Saucony, but then they discontinued the Grid Shadow - a great shoe for Clydesdales (6-2, 240 lbs, former college lineman ...) with a high arch, wide foot, and neutral gait. This is unfortunately a very very small market niche, which is probably why Saucony dropped the Grid Shadow.

Now I have a pair of Asics (Gel Equation) and a pair of Reebok (Premier Cushioning). They're not getting as much roadwork as the Sauconys, mostly treadmill these days, and they'll probably wear out sooner, but they're both working out quite well. If anything, the less expensive Reeboks are working out better than the Asics. So there you are.

Can't wait for your final review as I am looking at the same shoe to replace my Nike's I currently run in. I need to pull the trigger on some new biscuits this week.

D

Dulaney, have you tried it? I'm looking for firsthand experience. I've done the running store thing, I know what I like and I know what I run in, but again: I'm looking for first-hand experience regarding the testing of the new UA shoe. I don't need advice on getting a new running shoe, I need advice on the UA shoe and if anyone's tried it.

I'm sorry, but I can't express it enough that I am looking for experience with this shoe. With three marathons under my belt, I'm sure I am good to go in terms of knowing what I like. Thanks for the response.

Nope, sure haven't personally . . . just my running partner. Since you have three marathons under your belt and you are "good to go" in knowing what you like, it perplexes me that you would even pose this question.

Sorry for offering my input, bud.

Nope, sure haven't personally . . . just my running partner. Since you have three marathons under your belt and you are "good to go" in knowing what you like, it perplexes me that you would even pose this question.

That's alright, apology accepted. :rolleyes: Can't really imagine why an every-day consumer would request input on a NEW PRODUCT from his contemporaries. I'm pretty sure that nobody has ever asked for reviews and input on a cigar they have never tried... What was I thinking?!?!?

Anyways... Marco, I had the same pair as you because we're about the same build (6-03, 250 lbs, linebacker/interpretive dancer! :laugh: ) and I was a little saddened by the discontinuation of that shoe.

I put four miles down on the new UnderArmour shoe and I am very impressed by it. It's a light shoe that provides support and cushion tot he runner, and it feels very comfortable, almost like you don't notice them on. The only complaint I had is the foot sleeve is a little tight, but that is because I am blessed with water flippers for feet. I was very impressed by them, and I'll be holding onto these guys for sure!

That's alright, apology accepted. :rolleyes: Can't really imagine why an every-day consumer would request input on a NEW PRODUCT from his contemporaries. I'm pretty sure that nobody has ever asked for reviews and input on a cigar they have never tried... What was I thinking?!?!?

Anyways... Marco, I had the same pair as you because we're about the same build (6-03, 250 lbs, linebacker/interpretive dancer! :laugh: ) and I was a little saddened by the discontinuation of that shoe.

I put four miles down on the new UnderArmour shoe and I am very impressed by it. It's a light shoe that provides support and cushion tot he runner, and it feels very comfortable, almost like you don't notice them on. The only complaint I had is the foot sleeve is a little tight, but that is because I am blessed with water flippers for feet. I was very impressed by them, and I'll be holding onto these guys for sure!

How's the width/flexibility of the UAs? What kind of gait do you have? I run ~25-50 miles per week so I go through some shoes, but it's hard to find wider shoes fit for a supinator.

How's the width/flexibility of the UAs? What kind of gait do you have? I run ~25-50 miles per week so I go through some shoes, but it's hard to find wider shoes fit for a supinator.

The flexibility is quite nice, but the width leaves a little to be desired for wide feet. I have wide feet, and it fits a bit snug, but the shoe doesn't cut off my circulation at all, and after a few miles it felt fine. I figure after about 30 miles in these, the shoe will correct and stretch itself according to my foot width. It's not uncomfortable at all, it's just a little snug.

I've not met a supinator yet! So we're on the opposite ends of the spectrum, and still f***ed! :laugh: :sign: I overpronate, and I purchased the Under Armour Illusion Stability Running Shoe:

p4975185dt.jpg

Why try a shoe that doesn't have a known record for producing running shoes?

Find a running shoe that fits your foot and your mechanics, brand is not what should drive the decision.

PS: I heard those shoes do stop at donut shops!

The flexibility is quite nice, but the width leaves a little to be desired for wide feet. I have wide feet, and it fits a bit snug, but the shoe doesn't cut off my circulation at all, and after a few miles it felt fine. I figure after about 30 miles in these, the shoe will correct and stretch itself according to my foot width. It's not uncomfortable at all, it's just a little snug.

I've not met a supinator yet! So we're on the opposite ends of the spectrum, and still f***ed! :laugh: :sign: I overpronate, and I purchased the Under Armour Illusion Stability Running Shoe:

Ya, having wide feet and being a supinator is a recipe for disaster. Without the right shoes, the discomfort on the outside of the balls of my feet and last 2 toes pretty much dictate the distance of my run. Even worse is trying to shop for soccer cleats :laugh:

Be cautious of saying Bud around him he is a cop you know, LMAO!!

Jim