• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

NewAir AW281E just arrived

If you don't mind me asking how much did it run you?  I'm debating on getting the 18 or 28 bottle.  I was doing my research and found theirs a 280.  Do you know what the difference is between 281 and 280?  After reading some reviewer, the motors tend to go earlier then expected.  Have you started it up and tried controlling the temperature yet?

Radovan_Misic said:
If you don't mind me asking how much did it run you?  I'm debating on getting the 18 or 28 bottle.  I was doing my research and found theirs a 280.  Do you know what the difference is between 281 and 280?  After reading some reviewer, the motors tend to go earlier then expected.  Have you started it up and tried controlling the temperature yet?
I paid about $250 on amazon for mine. As for the motors, some people have not had any problems and it last them years, others not so much. I went with 281E because it had slightly better reviews. The difference between the two models is the 281 is an inch wider and longer(or deeper) than the 280. The 281 has a silver front and the 280 is all black. The 281 has 12 shelve slots so if you can do a singles drawer if you want, the 280 only has 6 shelve slots so only double drawers will fit. I had my unit running a bit when I got it just to make sure it worked, it will go down to 66 degrees. Now it's just sitting with the door open waiting for my drawers from Forrest.

hmm interesting I'd like to get one; however how much would a system like this cost?  How much did the drawers run you and what kind of fans are you going to be using?

I have the same one without fans or drawers and with $70 in beads

Radovan_Misic said:
hmm interesting I'd like to get one; however how much would a system like this cost?  How much did the drawers run you and what kind of fans are you going to be using?
$250 for cooler
$240ish for drawers and shelves
$68 for beads
$40 for 2 hygrometers
$5 for Aqua-pure bags for beads

I'm not going to use fans because most people said its not necessary.

I am curious to see the finished product.  This is the same set up I plan on putting together over the next couple months.   :thumbs:

Shecks said:
I am curious to see the finished product.  This is the same set up I plan on putting together over the next couple months.   :thumbs:
I should hopefully have my drawers in the next couple of weeks. I'll post pics when I have everything. I also may put together a video showing all the pieces I bought and from where.

Can't wait to see the finish product!!! Question for you, how bad was the "black plastic" odor?

Radovan_Misic said:
Can't wait to see the finish product!!! Question for you, how bad was the "black plastic" odor?
The smell was pretty bad but a couple days with the door open and its completely gone.

Tracking number received, I should have my drawers next Thursday. Can't wait!

Just got my drawers today. They are  installed and now I have everything humidifying. I will check in a bout a week to see how things are going.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10478]

MichaelB said:
Just got my drawers today. They are  installed and now I have everything humidifying. I will check in a bout a week to see how things are going.

Nice setup Bro, I'm looking forward to getting my drawers in next week/week after.

Nice looking setup.  Forrest makes a great product!

ETA - Is that bottom drawer a triple drawer?  It looks deeper than the two above it.

I was going to guess that bottom is "false" to cover up the beads

Very nice setup, I really want to order drawers, just can't afford it yet.

2K6TBSS said:
Nice looking setup.  Forrest makes a great product!

ETA - Is that bottom drawer a triple drawer?  It looks deeper than the two above it.
It's a false front drawer. It hangs a bit lower to allow you to put beads on the bottom. There isn't a lot of room but I was able to put a pound of beads underneath it.

CBoukal said:
I was going to guess that bottom is "false" to cover up the beads

Very nice setup, I really want to order drawers, just can't afford it yet.
Yup that's it.

Yeah I'm trying to recoup now after making the purchase. I'm glad I did it but it is a big investment.

Thanks everyone! It's probably going to take a week or two before I can start putting sticks in it but we'll see.

Set up looks great! Definitely a good investment! Now the hard part of spending more to fill it!

jvel79 said:
Set up looks great! Definitely a good investment! Now the hard part of spending more to fill it!
Thanks! No kidding, it's going to take awhile to fill

Awesome looking setup.  My 100 count desktop humi is pretty much full so I'm starting to debate whether to get a cooler, or go this route.  That thing looks great.  Hopefully you can post some pictures when it's all stabilized and filled up!