• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Newbie Beer Starter Kit

SiriusBlack

Always make it look easy...
Reaction score
So I did some shopping today in order to pick up a few different beers in order to establish a baseline for my likes and dislikes. There is a store in Delaware called Total Wine that has a section where you can get a lot of different single bottles. This is great for tasting. So here's what I picked up (most of which I have not tried before)

Lindeman's Pomme Lambic
Lindeman's Framboise Lambic
Sierra Nevada Harvest Wet Hop Ale
Arrogant Bastard Ale
Stoudts Fat Dog Imperial Oatmeal Stout
Stoudts Double IPA
North Coast Brewing Company Brother Thelonious Belgian Style Abbey Ale (American artisan series)

Samuel Adams
- Brown Ale
- Irish Red
- Honey Porter
- Hefeweizen
- Cherry Wheat
- Cream Stout

So considering I am on vacation until the 5th, I hope to get through several of these and post my thought.

The lambics are both good intros to the style if you haven't had em before. The Fat Dog is one of the best Imp Stouts I've had, but I'm a sucker for oatmeal stouts. Really, all of the one from the first bunch are at the least, good beers. Not a big fan of SA in general, especially the Cherry Wheat.

The Lindeman's Framboise is great, the Pomme is pretty good as well. I would have those two on their own, or share them with someone.

Lindeman's Framboise Lambic is great for breakfast with a Padron 1926 #35 Maduro.