• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Newbie Pass 101

All the stones I've overturned have ended up empty for the most part. Unsure as to whether it will become a regular production outside of the DC lounges or not. But since the stick is constantly available, just at restricted locations, an Opus is a great put.

I'm on the run this morning...I'll check the pricing on all the P/T when I get home tonight.

Here is what I was able to find. It will be released to all DC retailers eventually although it doesn't specify release frequency. I just wasn't sure if it should be treated as rare because of it's limited inital release.

On another note, the pass did arrive today. All sticks are accounted for and are in good shape. Pending a response to my P/T's I'm thinking I'll drop the package at the post office on Monday if everyone is ok with that. I figure that way it'll give Kid Montana a little more time to get home and let the cigars rest a bit since they were sitting outside in 30 degree temperatures for who knows how long on their way to me.

I'm glad it got there in good shape. I think a rest would do them good (and help the Kid). Enjoy your takes. Have a great weekend.

I'm glad it got there in good shape. I think a rest would do them good (and help the Kid). Enjoy your takes. Have a great weekend.

Well I've got to say that you probably could have used another roll or two of packing tape on the box but it did make it safe despite only using 3 rolls.

The RH appears to be reading a bit low at the moment (right around 58ish). The humidifier seemed to fine though so I'm thinking that the air isn't able to get to the top of the package very well. I'll keep an eye on it and see what it does after they've rested a bit.

I was going to wait until Jake got back to me about the DC Maximus but based on the info Bayamos provided I'll go ahead and post my P/T's and if I need to change out the DC Maximus I will.

P: #52 Camacho Triple Maduro 50/4.5
T: #17 La Flor Dominicana Habano Perfecto

P: #53 Arturo Fuente Hemingway Classic
T: #38 Illusione MK

P: #54 Arturo Fuente Opus X Petite Lancero
T: #39 Diamond Crown Maximus Double Robusto

P: #55 Oliva Cain F 550 Dark Natural
T: #51 Padron 3000 Maduro

The pass hasn't made it here yet, but I expect it to show up today. I'll come back and let everyone know it made it here safe and sound when it arrives.

All of these are good! Sorry for just now getting to this...it's been a really busy weekend, and I just now had the time to really sit down and price them out.

All of these are good! Sorry for just now getting to this...it's been a really busy weekend, and I just now had the time to really sit down and price them out.

That's no problem Jake. I didn't get around to seeing this until I got to work this morning so I wasn't able to swap out sticks as I had planned. Looks like Gern is going to have to wait one more day to receive the pass. I'll swap sticks and get it shipped tomorrow if Gern is ready to catch it.

Well I've got to say that you probably could have used another roll or two of packing tape on the box but it did make it safe despite only using 3 rolls.

Yes, and I removed 3 rolls. :0

That's no problem Jake. I didn't get around to seeing this until I got to work this morning so I wasn't able to swap out sticks as I had planned. Looks like Gern is going to have to wait one more day to receive the pass. I'll swap sticks and get it shipped tomorrow if Gern is ready to catch it.

Fire away!

Yes, and I removed 3 rolls. :0

By the end of this pass the box is going to be more packing tape than it is cardboard. :laugh:

If it's getting really bad, it would be wonderful if someone replaced the box. I got that box at Walmart...it's dimensions keep shipping cheap. Obviously any box will do, but if it's getting really bad, we need to protect the contents.

If it's getting really bad, it would be wonderful if someone replaced the box. I got that box at Walmart...it's dimensions keep shipping cheap. Obviously any box will do, but if it's getting really bad, we need to protect the contents.

Since I might have it a couple of extra days because of Christmas closures and KidMontana not being back until the 30th, I can replace the box no problem.

There's nothing to worry about Jake there is nothing wrong structurally with the box and if there were I'd make sure that I replaced it before sending it on it's way. There just seemed to be a lot, and i mean a lot, of packaging tape to cut through. It just speaks to the care those passers before me took to make sure that everything made it in one piece.

There's nothing to worry about Jake there is nothing wrong structurally with the box and if there were I'd make sure that I replaced it before sending it on it's way. There just seemed to be a lot, and i mean a lot, of packaging tape to cut through. It just speaks to the care those passers before me took to make sure that everything made it in one piece.

I noticed the same thing, the box was in good rectangular shape and there was enough tape on the box that it may actually be waterproof now!

I'm at the airport and realized I forgot my cigar list to match up my T/Ps so I won't be able to post mine until the 31st or 1st. I hope thats amenable. The holidays are always a little chaotic.

Fire away!

Good news. I forgot that I had a short week this week due to Christmas Eve so I get to work eight hour days instead of ten hour days. Long story short, I got home early, swapped out sticks, filled out paperwork, and repackaged everything, and made it to the post office with 1:30 minutes to spare before 5:00 pm.

Heads up...pass incoming.

DC # 0311 1660 0001 7533 1448

Enjoy your time at home, brother. There never seems to be enough time to enjoy family. I'm sure there can be some feet dragging or maybe Jake can detour the pass.

Fire away!

Good news. I forgot that I had a short week this week due to Christmas Eve so I get to work eight hour days instead of ten hour days. Long story short, I got home early, swapped out sticks, filled out paperwork, and repackaged everything, and made it to the post office with 1:30 minutes to spare before 5:00 pm.

I hope it takes 10 days to get there. I know shipping is delayed for the holidays, but since he won't be home...I hope the delivery takes until the 30th or he can get a neighbor to pick it up or something.

Fire away!

I hope it takes 10 days to get there. I know shipping is delayed for the holidays, but since he won't be home...I hope the delivery takes until the 30th or he can get a neighbor to pick it up or something.
Am I missing something??? ???

I sent the pass to Gern Blansten. He's the next one on the list and confirmed that he was good to receive the pass. It's Kid Montana that isn't ready to receive the pass until after the 30th.

He's the next one on the list and confirmed that he was good to receive the pass. It's Kid Montana that isn't ready to receive the pass until after the 30th.

You are correct MrA.

Yup, PM'd with Mr. Anderson and am eagerly awaiting the pass to arrive. I also PM'd KidMontana before he bailed and asked him what date would be best for him to receive the pass. He thought it would ideal if it landed on December 31st. Not sure what the status of the USPS is after Christmas. Is it less traffic/volume and stuff goes on time versus pre-Christmas when there are delays? Another suggestion would be that I could send it to Thumper. He and KidMontana look like they are close to one another on the map.

*edit: Spelling.