• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Newbie Pass 101

The pass arrived safe and sound yesterday. I have inventoried and all is well. I am working on my puts/takes now. I will post them soon. I will check for a new box at work on Monday. I don't have a suitable box at home.

Stan

Good to hear... Good luck with the P/Ts. Im sure your having a great time shuffling through all of them sticks.
Definitely some goodies in there.

Okay here are my proposed puts and takes.

Take: Anejo # 46 $8.25
Put: Padron 1964 principe natural $8.66. My concern with this one is that there is already a 1964 principe maduro in the pass. I don’t think that this would be considered a double, but I am not 100% sure. It may be a slight overput as well. Thoughts

Take: Arturo Fuente Hemingway Classic. $7.26
Put: AF Hemmingway WOAM $7.32

Take: Outlaw Cigar Co. # 13 446 Corona $4.13
Put: Padron delicias maduro $3.96

Awaiting feedback. Thanks for letting me play!

Stan

Yeah, I thinkt fine about the fact of another Pardon. The fact that it is about a $.50 over put is probably a bigger problem.

Stan, IMO those look good. The last one is under by .17c and that falls under Jake's .25 deficit cutoff.

Enjoy them!

Put: Padron 1964 principe natural $8.66. My concern with this one is that there is already a 1964 principe maduro in the pass. I don’t think that this would be considered a double, but I am not 100% sure. It may be a slight overput as well. Thoughts

Stan

I don't think anybody is going to have a problem with more PAM in the pass. :D

Stan

They all look good to me.

I have a question though...

I noticed that the pricing for the AF Hemmingway and the WOAM don't lineup with what is listed in Vitola's. I have been using Vitola's as the MSRP source for all things AF, as I believe that is what Jake wanted us to do. What has everyone else been doing for AF MSRP pricing, use Vitola's or use the same process as our other MSRP lookups (Serious, Holts, SmokeInn, etc.)?

Just for reference...
AF Hemmingway Classic $8.25 (Vitola's)
AF WOAM $8.35 (Vitola's)

.p
P/Ts look good to me. I think the price difference is about the same, but maybe there's been a price increase on the Hemmingways since moki updated the list?

I use vitolas for Opus and Anejo becuase they tend to get marked up on online vendors whiile the Hemmingways seem to be aplenty and priced competitively. Just my 2 cents.

PAM and PAN are varieties of the same smoke, but I wouldn't consider it a double since the wrappers are different.

That is a good catch. I've been using vitola pricing(to see which B&Ms are most reasonable in my area) and I completely breezed over those. The Classic I wouldn't know off the top of my head but the WOAM I definitely should've spotted.

Yeah, I thinkt fine about the fact of another Pardon. The fact that it is about a $.50 over put is probably a bigger problem.

It may be the bigger issue but I don't think I'd call it a problem. Jake's been allowing much larger over puts than $.50 all pass long but as has been the case it's Jake's call.

I have a question though...

I noticed that the pricing for the AF Hemmingway and the WOAM don't lineup with what is listed in Vitola's. I have been using Vitola's as the MSRP source for all things AF, as I believe that is what Jake wanted us to do. What has everyone else been doing for AF MSRP pricing, use Vitola's or use the same process as our other MSRP lookups (Serious, Holts, SmokeInn, etc.)?

Just for reference...
AF Hemmingway Classic $8.25 (Vitola's)
AF WOAM $8.35 (Vitola's)

The way I see it vitolas is a great reference for Anejo and Opus smokes because they are limited production and hard to find at or even near MSRP. The Hemingway line seems to be readily available so pricing at or near MSRP is also readily available. For the WOAM I believe I used Tampa Sweethearts as a reference in my research. I don't have the numbers right in front of me but I seem to recall that WOAM was right around $9.00 from Tampa Sweethearts.

Stan

It's not the double put on the first trade that has me concerned. It's the rarity associated with an anejo, and the constant availability of the padron. Personally, I think it's a little off...and the price difference doesn't make up for the difference.

Vitolas has the ACTUAL MSRP's for all fuente products. That's really the most accurate pricing....though there isn't an issue with that P/T regardless.

For the AF Hemmingway I used the price posted when it was put in the pass. For the WOAM I used the average from Smoke Inn. Holts and Serious Cigar didn't list them.

Stan

It's not the double put on the first trade that has me concerned. It's the rarity associated with an anejo, and the constant availability of the padron. Personally, I think it's a little off...and the price difference doesn't make up for the difference.

Vitolas has the ACTUAL MSRP's for all fuente products. That's really the most accurate pricing....though there isn't an issue with that P/T regardless.

Thanks Jake. I wasn't questioning the put/take, just trying to get an idea of AF MSRP pricing. I am guessing that other passes would use vitola's as the baseline for AF products. Just a learning question for future passes that I might have the opportunity to get involved in.

Thanks Jake. I wasn't questioning the put/take, just trying to get an idea of AF MSRP pricing. I am guessing that other passes would use vitola's as the baseline for AF products. Just a learning question for future passes that I might have the opportunity to get involved in.

I know you weren't bro...I was just stating why I, as a host, request Vitolas pricing be used for the AF products....as do many other pass hosts.

Stan

Just for clarification...I thought the Padron Anniversary lines had some rarity as well. Not as rare as Anejo? Would Padron Family Reserve be closer for rarity (but more expensive) to the Anejo?