• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Newbie Pass

Does this label say 69th st? It seems to. That should make the claim easy. You wrote it correctly, they typed it in wrong. View attachment 74301
I think usps has to have the mail carrier that screwed up “attempt recovery” of the package first, and if he is unable to recover then @BurnBerry will be able to file a claim.

“The driver scanned the package at 112 NE 69 St but delivered it to 107 NE 69 St.”

Also sounds like it could potentially be at this address as well. I can’t say I’ve ever seen usps drop the ball this hard before 😂 but they royally shit the bed with this one.

I think usps has to have the mail carrier that screwed up “attempt recovery” of the package first, and if he is unable to recover then @BurnBerry will be able to file a claim.

“The driver scanned the package at 112 NE 69 St but delivered it to 107 NE 69 St.”

Also sounds like it could potentially be at this address as well. I can’t say I’ve ever seen usps drop the ball this hard before 😂 but they royally shit the bed with this one.
Correct on all 3 statements.

@Smokemorestressless I can't file a claim until they attempt to recover as Andrew said. It's a process and will take a couple of weeks to deal with assuming they don't find it. Once they pay me, I'll pay Andrew.

Correct on all 3 statements.

@Smokemorestressless I can't file a claim until they attempt to recover as Andrew said. It's a process and will take a couple of weeks to deal with assuming they don't find it. Once they pay me, I'll pay Andrew.
Naw... that's not correct. You can and should file the claim. It's up to them how they handle it and what they do to fix it. They may not want you to file a claim as it doesn't look good on the counter help at your Post Office. I'd file the claim ASAP. It can be done online.

Naw... that's not correct. You can and should file the claim. It's up to them how they handle it and what they do to fix it. They may not want you to file a claim as it doesn't look good on the counter help at your Post Office. I'd file the claim ASAP. It can be done online.
That came out wrong as I'm at work. It won't be processed until they attempt the recovery. It's already been filed but has to go through the process.

That came out wrong as I'm at work. It won't be processed until they attempt the recovery. It's already been filed but has to go through the process.
Right on. Good job.
I'm sorry for the experience. But at least it wasn't your error. I wouldn't have caught their mistake either.
And the education for the entire forum is a bonus of sorts... *Bonus is the wrong word but I'm arguing with the voices and well... I hope you get the drift.

Right on. Good job.
I'm sorry for the experience. But at least it wasn't your error. I wouldn't have caught their mistake either.
And the education for the entire forum is a bonus of sorts... *Bonus is the wrong word but I'm arguing with the voices and well... I hope you get the drift.
That's why I always make the shipping labels myself. It's one part of the human error I can help eliminate. Then if the address is wrong it's only on me.

So do we think this Pass is officially defunct?

If so, I had an idea. If agreeable, I can put together a “mini” Pass. Since there are only 4 people left (besides me), I thought 25ish sticks would probably be enough. I don’t have NEAR the selection of the original box, but I can can do my best to keep it somewhat interesting!

Remember, rule #1 of this Pass was to learn and have fun…

If so, I had an idea. If agreeable, I can put together a “mini” Pass. Since there are only 4 people left (besides me), I thought 25ish sticks would probably be enough. I don’t have NEAR the selection of the original box, but I can can do my best to keep it somewhat interesting!

It's looking like it's probably done. She tried calling PO today for an update but no one ever answered the phone. It'll be Monday before we can get there in person to talk to them.

My opinion, you could be thinking about what you'd put together and once the PO tells me it's for sure gone, you could send it. Of course it's what everyone else wants / thinks, I think it's a kind gesture on your part.

I have been thinking about this as well. But havent pulled the trigger to do it yet. But I think we need to sort this situation out before jumping to another one.

I have been thinking about this as well. But havent pulled the trigger to do it yet. But I think we need to sort this situation out before jumping to another one.
Look, if this needs a refresh due to USPS, I’ll send whoever a 5’ver to help rebuild the pass. But I recommend a week to see how it shakes out. I do like the vibes though.