• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Newbie question: Maduro search...

andrewhac

Andrew Hac Nguyen
I am still searching for the best economic maduro cigar ($5..$8 range). What I like in my maduro cigar is the maduro taste but I also like it to be a little bit spicy, some creamy taste, some of that forest leaves, earths smell and it should be a deep, chewy, rich flavor cigar. What can you all MADURO lovers and fetishers at CP suggest me ? I have already tried the PAM 64's, Padron 26's, A.F Anejo, Hemingway Maduro, LFD Maduro.

Thanks in advance for the input...

The regular Padron line in maduro. Also, the Fuente 858 maduro.

Gurkha doble Maduro is probubly right up your ally.

Troya has some very Maduro smokes too.

Try the AF Cuban Beli sun grown :thumbs:
Not a maduro but it has a lot of the qualities you list

Bill

La Gloria Cubana makes some wonderful maduros.
Serie R and Reserva Figurados to name a couple.

junkman_56 said:
La Gloria Cubana makes some wonderful maduros.
Serie R and Reserva Figurados to name a couple.
[snapback]299544[/snapback]​

Doh! You beat me to it. I second the LGC Serie R and Reserva Figurados. Hell, I'll even through in the Torpedo No. 1, Charlamagne, and Corona Gorda from the regular line. Fantastic if you have the patience to age them.

As for others, I'd try the Oliva O Maduro and the JR Ultimate in Double Maduro (or oscuro...can't remember what they are calling them these days). In the JR Ultimate, my favorites are the Principale and the Cabinet Belicoso. Also try the El Rey Del Mundo Robuso, Robusto Larga, and Robusto Suprema (the tissue wrapped ones). Also, Matt had a great suggestion with the regular Padron line in maduro. Never had a bad one.

Not sure which Fuentes you tried, but a Work of Art Maduro is tops in my book.

I also second the Padron Maduro suggestion. The whole line is terrific.

For a last recommendation, I would suggest Romeo y Julieta Reserve Maduro Cigars. These are great smoke, readily available and definitely fall into your price range.

Happy Hunting!

Had a CAO Mx2 night before last that was incredible. I put them in the 5 buck range.

Onyx Reserve, Sancho Panza double maduro, Trinidad Maduro. Trinidad Maduro's are awesome, much better than the natural and actually worth the price.

Perdomo Reserve R maduros are pretty good as well.

Nestor Reserves too.

CAO Anniversary maduro is a nice stick.

Give the CAO Brazilia a shot too.

Oliva classic "O" maduro; or the Oliva Grand Maduro are both great sticks for about $4 a piece, maybe less.

centurycigar said:
A cheaper Maduro is the Don Tomas Maduro.
Nice smoke for the price.
[snapback]299549[/snapback]​

I agree the Don Tomas Maduro's are my favorite budget smoke. They have tons of flavor and the robustos run right around $3.

Nick

Ahhh, maduro! :love:

Padron x000 line
La Gloria Cubana Series R
Sancho Panza Double Maduro
CAO Brazilia
Fuente 8-5-8
Perdomo Reserve La Tradicion Redbox

some of my favorites... besides the Padron Anni's, Hemingway Maddies, etc...

:thumbs:

Everyone tore this thread up, but I will put my vote in for the following:

1. Padron x000 line maduros- most under 5 bucks
2. Don Thomas Maduro- most under 4 bucks
3. CAO Brazilia - these are are 5-6 bucks

hope this give you a few to try out.

Brandon

The quintissential maduro wrapped cigar is the Padron 1964 series, the 1926's are also great but they are stupid money. In my mind everything else is second place. Another good one that hasn't been mentioned is the Ashton Aged Maduros, mild but very flavorful.

For value it is tough to beat a Fuente 858 maduro,Padron regular line, Jr Ultimate double maduros and the ERDM's.

Also you might want to try the Macanudo Maduro Diplomat. If you dont mind a shoprt smoke. Comes in at around $3.50 a stick. Its one of my go to's. Also goodand the CAO Brazillia and the Hemmingway and Padron X000 Maduro's.

Edit for spelling

Mrepp said:
Gurkha doble Maduro is probubly right up your ally.

Troya has some very Maduro smokes too.
[snapback]299537[/snapback]​

Good suggestion there.

Also try the Indian Tabac Super Fuerte Maduro. I prefer the Toro and Petit Beli myself.