• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

NFL talk

Jimmy G is now restructured. He will stay on this year as a backup, or in case Trey Lance implodes or is injured. They also have Brock Purdy.
I think the 49ers got extremely lucky, based on the way they handled this entire mess.

Wow the only NY team looked like world beaters last night!

Those Grapes must really be sour Justin!😁

You can't be upset that the guy didn't deliver in an organization where it's virtually impossible to succeed.
Not to mention when he retires he will most likely be Top 10 All-Time in passing yards and TD's, with a SB ring. I can give you plenty of QB's that don't have those stats that are already in...

I get an email from DirecTV telling me I have NFL Sunday Ticket Max (or whatever the super-duper package is) for free! Small print says that if I don't call them to cancel before the end of 2nd week of the 2022 season, I automatically authorize them to charge me full price for next year - $400 if the price doesn't go up.

This seems a bit shady. If I just ignore this email, I'm on the hook for $400 for something I didn't ask for.

" 2022 NFL SUNDAY TICKET regular full-season retail price is $293.94. 2022 NFL SUNDAY TICKET MAX regular full-season retail price is $395.94. NFL SUNDAY TICKET and NFL SUNDAY TICKET MAX subscription will renew automatically each season thereafter, provided that DIRECTV carries these services, at the thenprevailing rate unless you call to change or cancel by the date specified in your renewal notice. Up until two weeks after the 2022 season starts, you can cancel anytime and receive any applicable refund. Subscription cannot be canceled (in part or in whole) after the first two weeks of the season and subscription fee cannot be refunded. "

Last edited:
I get an email from DirecTV telling me I have NFL Sunday Ticket Max (or whatever the super-duper package is) for free! Small print says that if I don't call them to cancel before the end of 2nd week of the 2022 season, I automatically authorize them to charge me full price for next year - $400 if the price doesn't go up.

This seems a bit shady. If I just ignore this email, I'm on the hook for $400 for something I didn't ask for.
That's some effed up offer, which I'm sure could be against some consumer law.

They've gone way down hill since AT&T bought them, I might tell some tales in the Unhappy Thread.

I'm calling them today, I didn't realize the season had already started until I saw Justin's post above.

Those Grapes must really be sour Justin!😁

You can't be upset that the guy didn't deliver in an organization where it's virtually impossible to succeed.
Not to mention when he retires he will most likely be Top 10 All-Time in passing yards and TD's, with a SB ring. I can give you plenty of QB's that don't have those stats that are already in...
No sour grapes at all actually, I wanted them to trade him for years before they did. He's a good QB, good enough to make it hard to move on from him, but not good enough to ever win anything unless he's in the perfect situation. Loins have been a disaster since long before I was even born, I'll never deny that. Nobody seems to mention his crazy salary he never played up to though, and how that affected the talent around him.

What does drive me crazy, is the Hall of Fame talk. He's never been a top 3 QB at any point in his career, never received an MVP vote, etc. Sure, he didn't have a ton of talent around him, but you hear talk of any other QB and they're supposed to make those around him better, but for some reason that doesn't apply to him?

I just don't understand the love he gets from people who have very limited exposure to actually watch him play. Sure, he's been a compiler and has put up a ton of stats in garbage time after he's terrible the first 3 quarters and puts them in a terrible position. I suppose people tend to feel sorry for him for having to play for the Loins for so long, which I can't argue with! Good not even close to great.

Ok, no more Stafford talk!

No sour grapes at all actually, I wanted them to trade him for years before they did. He's a good QB, good enough to make it hard to move on from him, but not good enough to ever win anything unless he's in the perfect situation. Loins have been a disaster since long before I was even born, I'll never deny that. Nobody seems to mention his crazy salary he never played up to though, and how that affected the talent around him.

What does drive me crazy, is the Hall of Fame talk. He's never been a top 3 QB at any point in his career, never received an MVP vote, etc. Sure, he didn't have a ton of talent around him, but you hear talk of any other QB and they're supposed to make those around him better, but for some reason that doesn't apply to him?

I just don't understand the love he gets from people who have very limited exposure to actually watch him play. Sure, he's been a compiler and has put up a ton of stats in garbage time after he's terrible the first 3 quarters and puts them in a terrible position. I suppose people tend to feel sorry for him for having to play for the Loins for so long, which I can't argue with! Good not even close to great.

All valid points... I have watched him play at every level, including HS. He has been really good his entire career. Like I mentioned before you don't get the yards and TD's he has and not be an elite QB. Lions are as bad as they come in regards to organizations. The Lions had arguably the best RB to ever play the game and an all-time great WR and they both quit because the organization is so bad. Look at Stafford's run last year, he took out the GOAT Tom Brady and then lead the Rams from 10 points behind against a very good 49ers D to win the NFC, then went on to win the biggest game of any QB's career, the SB. Sorry, but you can't do that if you aren't elite. Just my .02

Who said you get to make the rules?😁

You are correct that Hall of Fame talk is a little bit premature. However, in an organization like the Browns or the Lions you simply can't make the people around you better because they're just as no uniformity, no consistency, and no culture or leadership to fall back on.

You can say that winning the Super Bowl might have been an outlier, but you can't deny what he did to get them there.

People consider DeShaun Watson Elite yet he has not done anything to make the people around him better, he's barely a 500 quarterback, and although being an elite athlete he simply isn't a great quarterback.

Last edited:
People consider DeShaun Watson Elite yet he has not done anything to make the people around him better, he's barely a 500 quarterback, and although being an elite athlete he simply isn't a great quarterback.
It would be fair to assume that you've watched him very often and find him to lack quarterback skills?

I think he has been in a "no win" situation for his entire career. Its imapossible to evaluate a guy in a messed up situation like hes been in.

Its like trying to evaluate a race car driver when his car has a bad transmission, the tires are flat, his pit crew is drunk, and his owner doesnt care.