• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

NHL, 2011-12 season

It sure would, and a bunch of crazy storylines considering all the connections the two teams have. What the hell is up with the Flyers? Something like 3,000 goals in the past 3 games?

I think it's more about the holes in the Pens D plus the fact that Fleury is playing like shit. Not sure how they would be able to move on with Bryz having a 3.95 GAA. They certainly won't continue scoring 8 goals a game.

Will be nice to se a Sharks/Kings matchup in round 2, keep up the work Kings, get rid of Vancouver! Great Playoffs so far. I like my underdog Sharks chances. The playoffs are the playoffs.

Typical Hockey. 1st seed getting knocked off in the first round.

I stopped watching the Blackhawks the other night, because it didn't look good. Only to miss the tying score with 5 seconds left and the win in OT. What a shocker to read they won in the morning news.

Koodos to Florida for breaking their bad streak.

And for the Kings. Last year debacle is finally healing from the Vancouver series. Good job.

So the Canucks end their season once again with a fantastic regular season and jack $hit in the post season. Luongo was benched for the last two games. When do you make the decision to trade him?

So the Canucks end their season once again with a fantastic regular season and jack $hit in the post season. Luongo was benched for the last two games. When do you make the decision to trade him?

I'm not sure I'd call making it to game 7 in the SCF jack $hit. Perhaps I'm a little off there?

That being said, the better team won the VAN/LA series. LA played great hockey in front of a VERY hot goalie. A dangerous combo in the playoffs. Great to see Doughty having a good post season after an admittedly average regular season.

The goalie situation in VAN will be one to watch in the off-season. Schneider turns into an RFA this summer and could fetch a great return, but is younger then Luongo and would perhaps be the best goalie for VAN's future. Luongo, on the other hand, carries a contract that carries him until he's 42 years old but at a decent cap hit of $5.5m. He has a no trade clause that it's been rumored he'd waive to go back to Miami or Tampa Bay. If they put some D in front of him in Tampa, that might be a great fit. IMO, he's played his last season in Vancouver.

I'm not sure I'd call making it to game 7 in the SCF jack $hit. Perhaps I'm a little off there?

That being said, the better team won the VAN/LA series. LA played great hockey in front of a VERY hot goalie. A dangerous combo in the playoffs. Great to see Doughty having a good post season after an admittedly average regular season.

The goalie situation in VAN will be one to watch in the off-season. Schneider turns into an RFA this summer and could fetch a great return, but is younger then Luongo and would perhaps be the best goalie for VAN's future. Luongo, on the other hand, carries a contract that carries him until he's 42 years old but at a decent cap hit of $5.5m. He has a no trade clause that it's been rumored he'd waive to go back to Miami or Tampa Bay. If they put some D in front of him in Tampa, that might be a great fit. IMO, he's played his last season in Vancouver.

Sorry misinformation

This year: didn't get out of 1st round
Last year: Stanley Cup finals
2010: didn't get past 2nd round.

If I was a Vancouver fan, I'd be calling for changes.

I always hear "Luongo is the best in the game." But I just don't see it in the post season

I always hear "Luongo is the best in the game." But I just don't see it in the post season

With the likes of Lundqvist, Rinne and Quick (just to name three), Luongo is FAR from being considered the "best in the game." Can't think of who did the poll, but someone polled NHL players on a myriad of subjects and Luongo was voted "the most overrated player in the NHL" by his peers. Ouch!

*Edit: It was ESPN back in 2010.

Unless it's a salary dump, I don't see how Vancouver can find someone to unload Luongo. 5.5M is still a crap ton of money to pay for a goalie with that kind of baggage, nevermind the amount of years that contract still has left. Their best bet is to trade one terrible contract for another or hope there's a team under the floor that needs to spend some money just to be in line around training camp.

Kings vs St Louis next!!!

With the likes of Lundqvist, Rinne and Quick (just to name three), Luongo is FAR from being considered the "best in the game." Can't think of who did the poll, but someone polled NHL players on a myriad of subjects and Luongo was voted "the most overrated player in the NHL" by his peers. Ouch!

*Edit: It was ESPN back in 2010.

Luongo isn't even "the best on his team" anymore.

This SC Playoffs is so messed up. I seriously can't pick who's a favorite to win the West this year. Strangely, I think my adopted home-town Coyotes stand a good chance. Not sure the Blues line up well with the Kings, and like our chances against the Preds and the Kings. I guessing the Rangers will make it, but I'd love to see the Yotes and Philly in the finals. Two brutally physical, dangerously risky teams going all out...

Should the Kings get by St Louis, I'd rather take my chances against Pheonix. The Preds scare me, even being down 0-2 in their series. That being said, the Kings still have 3 more wins to get before worrying about that.

The Preds scare me, even being down 0-2 in their series.

It will be interesting to see them on home ice. If they split at home, they're in deep trouble.

Anyone watch the Flyers game? Once they shook off the rust in the first, their puck control was INSANE. After the first period, NJ only managed eleven shots on goal for the remainder of the game (3,4,4). It would be fun to see the Flyers with Pronger right now.

Nashville makes a statement with a one game suspension to Radulov and A. Kostitsyn for violating team rules. Read: out past curfew/hammered. Stupid, just stupid.

Agreed. Wonder how many issues they take from Radulov before they say thanks but no thanks and tell him to go back to the KHL.

Jonesy's beloved Fliers went down with hardly a whimper...hard to believe that was the same team that beat the Penguins.Totally out played and frustrated by a worst team.

Now I have to listen to all the Devils fans coming out of hiding here in NJ about how they are going to win the Cup...kinda of like a Mets fan when they go on a 3 game winning streak or they beat the Yankees in an inter-league game, they pop up only when they win something...thanks Fliers :angry:

If they stay healthy and things come together, I see the Kings pushing the Sharks for the Pac Div title and at least making it to the 2nd round come April.

Did you think, when you posted this that it would become this much of a reality? Good pick my friend!

After the Kings dropped the games at the end of the season and fell to the 8th seed...nothing they've done so far I would have predicted! This has been awesome to watch! Still, they need 6 more wins when all is said and done. GO KINGS GO!!!