• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Nightmares do come true...

How does she know about CP? Is she a registered user here?

How does she know about CP? Is she a registered user here?

I have no idea. She decided to put a restraining order over this incident that took place on Nov 27th, 2006. She said in her report she had her fiance do a search on me via the internet. So she HAD to go out of her way to find me on the internet as its the 5th page on Google. But I'm not a Stalker and she has proved she is in more ways than one. So she is using my Original Post on this thread as the basis for a Restraining Order and the incident that took place over 4 months ago.

Editted to add: So its clear...she put a restraining order against me yesterday and I was served today.

So are any of these pages she printed off of CP and plastered all through the county copyright protected? Someone who knows please advise.
--BB

What???????? How in the world did she track you to CP. I am correct inunderstanding she is printing off copies of this thread and putting them up around town?

What???????? How in the world did she track you to CP. I am correct inunderstanding she is printing off copies of this thread and putting them up around town?

Loren is taking a breahter right now and I'm going to write this as he is enjoying a much needed smoke at the time. I am guessing all it takes is to google his legal name..which on page 5 of google, links to his profile back here to CP. Printed pages are showing up here and there...not getting specific. And she is using his posts on Cp as basis for a restraining order that he was served the initial "ex parte" hearing paperwork for today. She filed the info off of CP on the 13th to the judge and police.

Still want to know if anything is copyright protected on here since it seems original remarks are protectable by copyright as soon as they are fixed in a tangible medium. Posting them to an online forum would accomplish the fixation. Anyone know?

--BB

Loren is taking a breahter right now and I'm going to write this as he is enjoying a much needed smoke at the time. I am guessing all it takes is to google his legal name..which on page 5 of google, links to his profile back here to CP. Printed pages are showing up here and there...not getting specific. And she is using his posts on Cp as basis for a restraining order that he was served the initial "ex parte" hearing paperwork for today. She filed the info off of CP on the 13th to the judge and police.

Still want to know if anything is copyright protected on here since it seems original remarks are protectable by copyright as soon as they are fixed in a tangible medium. Posting them to an online forum would accomplish the fixation. Anyone know?

--BB

Although I am an attorney, copyright/trademark/patent/etc is an area that I am not too familiar with and is a specialty unto its own. But I would suspect that statements/postings made on an at least quasi-public forum such as this are afforded no such protection.

From the Cigar Pass policies:

6. All posts are property of the poster. This forum and all web sites owned in conjunction with this forum have the right to request alteration or deletion of any offensive post. Posts may be deleted for any reasons the forum administrators deem reasonable.

Not sure if that helps much, but it's something.

From the Cigar Pass policies:

6. All posts are property of the poster. This forum and all web sites owned in conjunction with this forum have the right to request alteration or deletion of any offensive post. Posts may be deleted for any reasons the forum administrators deem reasonable.

Not sure if that helps much, but it's something.

You happen to have a link to where that is at exactly SammyP? Thanks in advance. :thumbs:

The forum is part of the main site CigarPass.com, and CigarPass.com/* is copyrighted.

The forum is part of the main site CigarPass.com, and CigarPass.com/* is copyrighted.

Thank you for the wonderful response Rod. This is going to get interesting for her. :thumbs: Printing off stuff without my written permission or the site's owner.

Thank you for the wonderful response Rod. This is going to get interesting for her. :thumbs: Printing off stuff without my written permission or the site's owner.

hmm interesting.....good luck with this keep us updated as I would like to know how this whole thing goes.

Wow.
Just wow.

I've read references to Mr Peat's "legal troubles" and his "hearings" etc but somehow never saw this post until today.

Shocking and scary and really a nightmare for you.

I've had my run-ins w/ crazy neighbors, but never anything like this.
Good luck Mr Peat!

Not that I don't agree with your cause and you should of course consult your lawyer, but you posted on a public bulletin board. You always retain copyright to what you write, but I'd say that by posting here, you're supplying your words to the public domain.

I'm on programming forums where this comes up often. I can't supply someone some example code on a public forum and then claim copyright of it later.

---John Holmes...