• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

NorCal HERF, Dinner and Wine Tour - DONE!

NorCalCigarLover

The Wine Guy
The idea for this event came out of chat room earlier this year where a couple of brothers were interested in doing a combination wine tour and HERF here in Northern CA wine country. The weekend is loaded with activities including private tastings, winery tours, dinners and HERF's.

NorCal HERF, Dinner, and Wine Pimp Tour

gallery_1481_373_25840.jpg

See all the fun you missed ...... HERE

Friday, April 11

Pre-pre event Afternoon tours - no fee
Our first tour is on Friday, 2:00 p.m. at Siduri Wines/Novy Family Winery. Adam Lee produces some of the finest Pinots in the Country. They also have Novy Family Winery which produces everything else other than Pinot. Siduri has a wide distribution so perhaps some of you have seen or tried them, but this is a place not to miss. They are located, and we'll be meeting, at the following address in Santa Rosa, .... MAP

Siduri Wines
980 Airway Court, Suite C
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
TEL: (707) 578-3882

Our second stop will be immediately following th Siduri tasting, 3:00-3:30 p.m., at a very small winery called Salinia Wine Company. I met Kevin Kelley recently at another wine event where I shared a cigar with him, he was very appreciative and offered a visit to his winery anytime. This will be my first time there as well but we really enjoyed his wines the last time we had them. Salinia's current production is less than 300 cases, so this really is a great opportunity for you to see a small operating winery ....... MAP

Salinia Wine Companyhttp://wine.appellationamerica.com/vineyard/Salinia_Wine_Company.html
3350-D Coffey Lane
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
TEL: (707) 527-7063

Private wine tasting Guest List:
NorCalCigarLover (2)
BlindedByScience (1)
ddepaola (2)
TheHit (2)
theHatguy (3)
Elittle (1)

Napa_Smokes (1)

NorCal HERF Launch Dinner - $40 pp includes everything except beer.
Our launch dinner begins at 6:00 p.m. and is being held at the Bear Republic Brewing Company in Healdsburg, where we've reserved the Beer Garden to enjoy for our 3 course dinner. You'll be able to select your meal at the event from a preselected menu of, appetizers, soup or salad, specialty sandwich, garlic fries, and soda/coffee. I couldn't get them to throw in the beer so your on your own with the beer or we can order pitchers as a group.

Launch Dinner Guest List:
NorCalCigarLover (4)
BlindedByScience (1)
ddepaola (2)
TheHit (2)
Blue Dragon (3)
theHatguy (2)
Elittle (1)
Napa_Smokes (1)

Saturday, April 12

Wine Pimp Tours
- $95 pp includes transportation , tasting fees and lunch.

The bus will pick us up at 10:30 a.m. at the Geyserville Inn. We'll be visiting a number of Wine Pimp approved wineries where we'll be treated to private group tastings, most of the wineries will also be offering us special discounts on purchases. We'll be having lunch at one of the wineries on our tour, which has a beautiful view of the Dry Creek Valley, this is a cigar friendly winery if you would like to enjoy a cigar as well.If we stay on schedule, we also hope to visit an olive oil producer, who is also a cigar smoker.Our last stop of the tour will be at a winery that specializes in Ports, we may need to pick up a couple for after dinner ;) .

Wine Pimp Tour list, Bus will hold 20 people
NorCalCigarLover (David) - Grilled Chicken & Provolone w/pesto & tomato on foccacia
NorCalCigarLover (Alice) - Grilled Chicken & Provolone w/pesto & tomato on foccacia
NorCalCigarLover (Ed) - ??
NorCalCigarLover (Toni) - ??
BlindedByScience (Tom) - Grilled Chicken & Provolone w/pesto & tomato on foccacia
ddepaola (Dan) - Grilled Chicken & Provolone w/pesto & tomato on foccacia
ddepaola (Leslie) - Grilled Chicken & Provolone w/pesto & tomato on foccacia

TheHit (Brian) - Coppa (Mild) & Fresh Mozzarella w/garlic mayo & tomato on sliced sour dough
TheHit (Leslie) - Smoked Turkey & Avocado w/mayo, mustard, lettuce, tomato & onion on sliced wheat
BobbyRitz (Rob) - Coppa (spicy) & Fresh Mozzarella w/garlic mayo & tomato on sliced sour dough
BobbyRitz (wife) - Grilled Chicken & Provolone w/pesto & tomato on foccacia.
Blue Dragon (Cory) - Coppa (spicy) & Fresh Mozzarella w/garlic mayo & tomato on sliced sourdough
Blue Dragon (Pat) - Ham & Swiss w/mayo, mustard, lettuce, tomato & onion on sliced wheat
Blue Dragon (Lisa) - Veggie Veggie cilantro cream cheese, jalapeño hummus, olives, avocado, jack cheese, tomato, red onion, sprouts & mayo on sliced wheat
theHatguy (Dennis) - Smoked Turkey & Avocado w/mayo, mustard, lettuce, tomato & onion on sliced sour dough
theHatguy (Shelly) - Grilled Chicken & Provolone w/pesto & tomato on foccacia
theHatguy (Gregory) - Ham & Swiss w/mayo, mustard, on white bread bread
Elittle (Evan) - Coppa (spicy) & Fresh Mozzarella w/garlic mayo & tomato on sliced sourdough

Dinner and HERF - $95 pp with wine, $75 without wine. All inclusive
Appetizers begin at 6:00, dinner begins at 6:30. Dinner will be at the Hoffman House Cafe in Geyserville, right next door to the Geyserville Inn where most of us will be staying the night. We'll be dining in the Cadillac Room which is located in the back of the house with views of the vineyards and a balcony where smoking "is" allowed. Dinner is a four course meal specially prepared for us by the Chef. The dinner price is all inclusive, dining room, dinner, tax, gratuity and beverages. For those choosing the "with wine" option, I'll be pulling select bottles from my cellar to pair with our meals, trust me .... you will not be disappointed. We will also be having a raffle with items donated by Mark, NorCalMark, from Tower Cigars in Sacramento, CA. After dinner cigars can be enjoyed on the balcony, I'll be bringing a couple of ports for us to enjoy as well.

Hoffmann House Dinner and HERF Guest List, maximum capacity=20, we're at 22
NorCalCigarLover (David) - California chicken cordon bleu
NorCalCigarLover (Alice) - California chicken cordon bleu
NorCalCigarLover (Ed) - Roasted sliced New York sirloin
NorCalCigarLover (Toni) - Roasted sliced New York sirloin
BlindedByScience (Tom) - Roasted sliced New York sirloin
ddepaola (Dan) - Roasted sliced New York sirloin
ddepaola (Leslie) - Roasted sliced New York sirloin
TheHit (Brian) - Roasted sliced New York sirloin
TheHit (Leslie) - California chicken cordon bleu
BobbyRitz (Rob) - Roasted sliced New York sirloin
BobbyRitz (wife) - California chicken cordon bleu
Blue Dragon (Cory) - California chicken cordon bleu
Blue Dragon (Pat) - Roasted sliced New York sirloin
Blue Dragon (Lisa) - California chicken cordon bleu
Insight (Phil) - Roasted sliced New York sirloin
Insight (Emma) - Roasted sliced New York sirloin
theHatguy (Dennis) - Roasted sliced New York sirloin
theHatguy (Shelly) - Roasted sliced New York sirloin
theHatguy (Gregory) - Roasted sliced New York sirloin
Elittle (Evan) - Roasted sliced New York sirloin
Napa_Smokes (Josh) - Roasted sliced New York sirloin
Napa_Smokes (Fiancee) - California chicken cordon bleu

Sunday, April 13

Half day of tours.
For those die hard participants, I'll be recommending a few other wineries that couldn't handle our large bus tour. We can either join up together or you can go off on your own, your choice.

:cool:

Ms. B.B.S. and I are looking at the calender now. I'll let you know soon, but we sure want to make it happen..... :cool:

Thanks for putting this together, NorCal...... :thumbs:

Cheers - B.B.S.

David,

I'm definitely checking this out with Mrs. Holio. I'm fairly certain that her response will be, "Yes please" if we can get a sitter for the wee one.

We're in. My wife didn't have to think long at all. :)

Sean

Found it :cool: This may be a very good possibility!

NorCal - can you suggest location appropriate lodging?

I think I'll be there "for sure" and Ms. B.B.S. may hang with her family in even more northern CA while I herf / tour / etc.......not decided yet.

Thanks - B.B.S.

This sounds very interesting. I can't say what my availability will be like yet, but when I know I'll get back to you :)

Am I too new to get in on this. My wife and I go wine tasting a lot in that area. I like cigars and she likes wine.....perfect combintation.

Sounds great, now I just need to see if the business year will improve quickly and I'll be there.

NorCal - can you suggest location appropriate lodging?

I think I'll be there "for sure" and Ms. B.B.S. may hang with her family in even more northern CA while I herf / tour / etc.......not decided yet.

Thanks - B.B.S.

We were thinking near Healdsburg ...... but nothing is set yet.

We were thinking near Healdsburg ...... but nothing is set yet.
My wife and I discussed this yesterday. I think it'll be me solo (she'll hang with family) and I'm 90%+. I'll go ahead and request the time off this week.

I'll book the lodging (which means a firm commit) as soon as you make a recommendation.

Thanks for putting this together, NorCal..!! Sounds like a smashing time to me..... :cool:

Best Regards - B.B.S.

David there is a nice restaurant/smoking patio in Novato on the way up/back from Santa Rosa we usually hit up with Charlie when he is in town. Let me know if there is interest in grabbing a bite and a smoke that evening perhaps.

Wow this looks like fun and a great opportunity.
Thanks for offering this up David!
Unfortunately there is only a slim chance I can participate :( .

-Rob

I've been a bit out of pocket lately. Let me talk to the Mrs. and see what the calendar holds.

Great idea David!

I don't do the wine scene these days but as I said, I would love to get a herf tog
ether at some point during the weekend so keep me up to date.

I think we are in! I can probably get another couple in if we need the numbers....Thanks David!

I talked with the wife tonight and this sounds good to us. David, I've done a little research and it seems that staying in Healdsburg puts you closer to the action. Could you confirm this?

I've booked our flight into San Francisco. Initially it looks like we'll be part of Saturday's plans.

We look forward to this!

Rob