• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

NorCal HERF, Dinner and Wine Tour II

just a side note... if anyone is thinking of going, book a room now. The guy I talked to yesterday said they had 4 of the private bathroom rooms still left and I took one of them...

Any thoughts on Saturday dinner David?

Saturday's dinner will be at the hotel with a nice dinner prepared for us by their Chef, he's owned a couple of local restaurants in the past so I trust his cooking, very similar to the way we did it last year. This will allow us to continue the after dinner party without having to drive. There is a nice large balcony at the front of the hotel on the second level where we've been given permission to drink, smoke and have a good time.

For those of you still thinking about this .... We'll be centrally located in the California Gold Country right on historic Highway 49. Sutter Creek is a very picturesque little town with a lot of antique stores and sightseeing. There is a gold mine nearby which has tours, caverns, museums and very beautiful scenery, this is the wine region we'll be exploring on Friday and Saturday.

The schedule you select is up to you, Friday's event is for the early arrivers with tours at two special wineries. Friday nights dinner will be in Plymouth, about a 15 minute drive from Sutter Creek, at Taste Restaurant. The restaurant is fantastic and could stand up to any fine dining resturant in San Francisco but with the laid back attitude of the Gold Country, no suits, no ties required. Afterwards is up to you but last year many of us met for an earlybird HERF at the hotel.

Saturday is tour day, we'll be visiting 4-5 wineries in a large 20 person bus, having a picnic lunch at one of the wineries somewhere along the way. After the tours, the main event dinner will be held back at the hotel, immediately followed by the HERF on the hotel balcony overlooking historic Sutter Creek on Highway 49. We do have permission to smoke and drink on the balcony.

Sunday is up to you. Shopping, sightseeing, more wine tours!. It's up to you.

:cool:

Being that I live so close I was not going to be booking a room. However I would like to participate in one of the days activities ... most likely Friday dinner.

Please let me know if I need to make a reservation or let you know how many people will be coming along with me - most likely just the wife and I.

This sounds like a good time.

- Jason

any news/updates? Anyone else looking to make it?

Time is getting closer and Cory has confirmed his attendance. Book your rooms guys!

As it turns out, one of the wineries we are visiting, Vino Nocetto, will be having an open house that day and will be pouring quite a selection of wines. The owners have welcomed us with open arms for food, wine and entertainment! These folks make some of the best Sangiovese's in in the state .... seriously! My cellar is well stocked with these wines as they are some fantastic food wines. Anyways, their OGP Zinfandel is also fantastic and they will be pouring a 5 year vertical for us! Oh, did I mention they make a fantastic Grappa?! really ...... it quite good and would be great for a HERF drink later that evening.

time off....
airline tickets....
hotel reservations....
alcohol tolerance increased....
smoked salmon ready to be packaged up....

I might even have a few cigars to bring with me! Now if I could just get the Wifely Unit© to stop talking about this trip for one stinking day... :laugh: She's jazzed to go to say the least...

Don't think I can make the tours, but I am in for the dinner on Saturday if there is room. :D

Swissy, don't forget the SALMON DIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Don't think I can make the tours, but I am in for the dinner on Saturday if there is room. :D

Swissy, don't forget the SALMON DIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Sorry... can't bring it into the restaurants and wineries, so why bother... :whistling: hotel doesn't seem to have refrigerators so I'll just have to leave it at home.

I was trying to be subtle.....but yes it is true. I really would like to find a way out there in April, I guess it all depends upon the status and the pocket book.....
Damn .. I have been out of pocket too long. " AKA ddepaola " ... Congratulations Buddy! .. Do whatever you can to make it! I know we would all like to toast and smoke a nice cigar in your honor.

- Cheers!

Cory - you best look me up when you're in NorCal, or there will be HELL to pay!!!!!

Updates, updates!

Attendance list on the first post has been made. I'll be releasing our remaining rooms on hold at the hotel this Friday, so if your still thinking about it book a room and cancel if you can't make.

Our group is a little smaller this year, go figure, so our plans are being adjusted to fit our new group size.

Friday wine tours will be "intimate", so get ready for a great time as we've got a couple of fun places lined up. Friday night dinner will be in the same special restaurant and we'll just order from the menu. Again, this place is AWESOME!!, those attending Friday night dinner are in for a treat. Friday nights pre-HERF with whatever you guys bring .... :whistling: .

Saturday tours will be on a smaller bus, but the winery visits will still be awesome, Vino Nocetto is having an Open House and we are invited to enjoy vertical tastings, food and entertainment!. Did I mention they make a Grappa? hopefully we can get a private tasting. Saturday night dinner will be at another local restaurant that shouldn't have a problem with a group our size where we can order individually from the menu. Plus we can bring in wine! Afterwards we're headed back to the Hotel balcony for the HERF, it'll be within walking distance (across the street) from the restaurant.

Sunday is open for antique shopping, more wine tasting, gambling or whatever you feel like doing!

Nice, that will be convenient having sat dinner next to the hotel. David, whats the name of the restaurant for saturday dinner?

The restaurant will be at Susan's Place Wine Bar & Eatery in Sutter Creek. We found out yesterday that we won't be able to order from the menu but we can have three choices to choose from, this is typical with a larger size group.

http://www.susansplace.com/

Off their lunch menu:

creamy lobster-artichoke
open face sandwich
artichoke hearts, lobster & shell fish pieces, creamed with light
cream cheese, spices, celery and mild green chilis, served hot over
wilted baby spinach and a toasted english muffin ... $ 14.99

Maybe we should go there for lunch instead.... :laugh:

ok ya mooks... getting down to the wire and some that have expressed an interest have yet to speak up!!! Tiara Boy? Soulpuppy? Rob? where the hell are you guys?!? There's gotta be a few more of you local boys that might just come up for a day?

We're coming down from AK... tickets booked... hotel room(s) reserved... cigars being planned (oh YEAH baby!)... salmon being smoked... wineries being plotted out (one is a BOTL here, Kevin :thumbs: ), even a cigar shop being invaded! Mark... get ready brother!!!!!

what's YOUR excuse? :laugh:

ok ya mooks... getting down to the wire and some that have expressed an interest have yet to speak up!!! Tiara Boy? Soulpuppy? Rob? where the hell are you guys?!? There's gotta be a few more of you local boys that might just come up for a day?

We're coming down from AK... tickets booked... hotel room(s) reserved... cigars being planned (oh YEAH baby!)... salmon being smoked... wineries being plotted out (one is a BOTL here, Kevin :thumbs: ), even a cigar shop being invaded! Mark... get ready brother!!!!!

what's YOUR excuse? :laugh:

When are you guys going down to see Kevin?

I believe we are set up for the Thursday before. We get in on Tuesday and are going to spend a few days roaming around on our own, with guidance from NorCal, Grapes and google.

C'mon you weenies!! You only live once... :thumbs:

I hear beedogs don't like Salmon ..... :whistling:

Damn, I may have to take Thursday off and drive up to Santa Rosa as well.

Okay Guys, here are some more details for Saturday dinner. With a group our size they would like us to order from a select menu, sorry about that but at least everything is included that way. What I need from you is to make a dinner selection from the following items before April 4th and either PM me of post your selection.

Dinner pricing ...

~$35-40 per person is inclusive and includes the entree, the dinner salad, coffee, iced tea, soda, tax & tip.

1) Chicken breast ... grilled and tossed with basil pesto, served over polenta with wilted baby spinich

2) Mediterranean braised Pork ... served voer savory rice tossed with broccoli and wilted spinich

3) Greek Pot Roast ... seasoned with garlic, cinnamon, cloves and served over rice with the rich gravy and wilted baby spinach.