• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

NorCal HERF, Dinner and Wine Tour II

I have a favor to ask of Blue Dragon and was hopping someone could provide me with his email or pass a long a message to him for me.

See everyone in a few days..
They were closed on Sunday and Monday, but I got what you requested today at lunch. You better show up on Friday or I'll have to eat it all myself...or pass it around to those who do show up on Friday. :whistling:

I have a favor to ask of Blue Dragon and was hopping someone could provide me with his email or pass a long a message to him for me.

See everyone in a few days..
They were closed on Sunday and Monday, but I got what you requested today at lunch. You better show up on Friday or I'll have to eat it all myself...or pass it around to those who do show up on Friday. :whistling:

Sweet, we will definitely pass some around during lunch.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like Star and I will be able to make Tower Cigars so will meet up at the market in Plymouth.

Thank you for picking it up, see everyone on Friday.

Mmmmmmm .... a big 'ol box of salmon showed up at my door today :D , in the freezer and ready for this weekend.

Time to pick out some cigars and wine for the weekend.

:cool:

And here we sit, after a LONG day of flying. sans luggage! Yup... plane left AK late, barely made the flight to San Fran and even tho we did, our bags did not. So a few hours of hanging around the airport (wheeee) they showed up and off we went. Grapes picked us up and we filled his car with luggage and and a big freezer box :whistling:

Spent the day hanging around with him, smoking some great cigars - a PSD4 Reserva while waiting for the bags, and we both smoked a BBMFM while sipping some awesome wines from his collection. We're now sitting in a very nice hotel - Hotel La Rose in Santa Rosa. VERY nice hotel! Looking forward to a day of finding wineries on our own tomorrow, and a BBQ in the evening. Then Kevin's on Thursday afternoon (and most likely another winery in the late morning/early afternoon as well!!!

WooHoo!

Swissy,

If you have a chance check out Vincent Arroyo Winery http://www.vincentarroyo.com/ they have a really good Petite Sirah and their cab and cab blends are just as good.

Give them a call at 800-690-1113 as tasting is by appointment only.

Checked in for the flights this AM....no turning back now! We land about noon on Thursday in Sacramento and will head south.....

OK Guys lets plan on 3:30 at the winery in Santa Rosa. PM is being sent now to all those that showed interest. If I miss you, PM me or reply back to this thread.

OK Guys lets plan on 3:30 at the winery in Santa Rosa. PM is being sent now to all those that showed interest. If I miss you, PM me or reply back to this thread.

ok Kevin, 3:30 it is!

And day one of the Swissy Family Wine Tour was a hit... boosted the economy of the Russian River Valley, and I had to constantly remind the Wifely Unit© that this was only day ONE and we were here for a week
rolleyes.gif
Looks like we may be mailing our clothes home in the freezer fish box and using that luggage for more wine going home :laugh: She's such a lush...

ok Kevin, 3:30 it is!

And day one of the Swissy Family Wine Tour was a hit... boosted the economy of the Russian River Valley, and I had to constantly remind the Wifely Unit© that this was only day ONE and we were here for a week
rolleyes.gif
Looks like we may be mailing our clothes home in the freezer fish box and using that luggage for more wine going home :laugh: She's such a lush...

Glad you guys had a great time exploring Jim! Talk to you in the morning.

Hey Kevin, I just realized that your avatar was from this same HERF a year ago ... :laugh:

What a great dinner! Thank you Jim and Mary for being our guests and for the fish and the amazing cigar (it was fantastic and didn't taste anything like shoe polish imo :whistling: ) See everyone Saturday, this will be a blast!

What a great dinner! Thank you Jim and Mary for being our guests and for the fish and the amazing cigar (it was fantastic and didn't taste anything like shoe polish imo :whistling: ) See everyone Saturday, this will be a blast!

Yup... that was fun! Great BBQ and company. Not to mention a tasty cigar - thanks again Phil! Just a foreshadowing of the days to come. Today with Kevin, the weekend with everyone... woohoo! Fun overload :cool:

Today holds more winery visits, a brewery visit, and a pre-herf herf at Salinia Winery with Kevin. Oh... and probably a nap at some point for the wifely unit© - she's getting close to the worn out point. But I'll have to make her, as she won't want to - something about having way to much fun :thumbs:

Woohoo! First Alaska is in the house then earlier this afternoon Kentucky made it, and according to the text message I received a little while ago Cory is rolling into town about now as well.

Tomorrow morning we're hitting Tower Cigars in Sacramento!

Boy I'm sorry to be missing this one. I hope everyone has a great time!!!

great meeting you and your wife Jim! Thanks again for the delicious cohiba, I probably wont find more for a long time. See you guys saturday.

yeah, that was fun! (just a few glasses we used...)

Kevin, thanks for a good time! What a great afternoon... good food, great wine, a personal tour of the wine making process... yeehaw!

Only one more day! I am starting soaking my cigars in raspberry jam to prepare!

The Gang at Van der Vivjer Winery in Fair Play, CA. Our host, Robert, was a HOOT! Just the kind of guy Mary likes to give her money to... (wait, that sounds bad... :laugh: ) He makes some great Zin's in the 'old world' style and a Port that is DAMN tasty. Yup... the Wine Whore (AKA my wife) bought a bunch there too!! We are now officially stuffing all our clothes into the fish box I brought stuff down in so we can mail it home. That'll make room for another box of wine on the plane :rolleyes:

From L to R: Allen (Sned45), Jim (Swissy), Dan (DePasta), Robert of Van der Vivjer Winery, David (NorCalCigarLover) and Cory (Blue Dragon)

Star and I would like to thank to everyone for making our first HERF a wonderful experience.

Big shout out to Alice and David for putting the HERF together.

It sure was great to meet so many BOTL/SOTL. There were a couple of you that were overly generous (you know who you are) and for that I thank you. :thumbs: My wife an I had a great time.

Big thanks to David and his lovely wife for putting this together. Fantastic job. Makes me wish that my wife and were able to spend the whole weekend with you.