• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Not a huge fan of fruit beers, but...

srnadel

I have never been a huge fan of fruit beers. I can't drink Magic Hat #9 and Dogfish Black & Blue and Red & White are interesting, but nothing more. However, I just had the Unibroue Quelque Chose and I have to say I liked it. Maybe not something I would drink all the time, but good. Does anyone have an opinion on this beer?

I have never been a huge fan of fruit beers. I can't drink Magic Hat #9 and Dogfish Black & Blue and Red & White are interesting, but nothing more. However, I just had the Unibroue Quelque Chose and I have to say I liked it. Maybe not something I would drink all the time, but good. Does anyone have an opinion on this beer?
I've never had that Unibroue but you should try a New Glarus Raspberry Tart (thanks Steven!) or Wisconsin Belgian Red. Excellent Fruit Beers!!!

Never a fan myself, but I did go to my local beverage store when they were doing a tasting.

The guy hosting it was taking a little less than half of a bottle of Rasberry Framboise beer and mixing it with a full can of Young's Double Chocolate Stout. It was pretty damn good.

In the UK, they now mix Guinness with a condensed fruit drink that is common over there called Ribena. It's made from Black Currants.........I love Black Currant, but I never got into that one.

Never a fan myself, but I did go to my local beverage store when they were doing a tasting.

The guy hosting it was taking a little less than half of a bottle of Rasberry Framboise beer and mixing it with a full can of Young's Double Chocolate Stout. It was pretty damn good.

In the UK, they now mix Guinness with a condensed fruit drink that is common over there called Ribena. It's made from Black Currants.........I love Black Currant, but I never got into that one.

Destroying a good Guiness like that is blasphemy. The only thing appropriate to be mixed with a Guiness is a shot of Whiskey. :D

Destroying a good Guiness like that is blasphemy. The only thing appropriate to be mixed with a Guiness is a shot of Whiskey. :D

Isn't that an oxymoron???? :laugh:

Éphémère from Unibroue in Quebec is quite good. Refreshing on a hot day.

Speaking of Guinness and with St. Paddy's around the corner how about an Irish Car Bomb;

3/4 pint Guinness® stout
1/2 shot Bailey's® Irish cream
1/2 shot Jameson® Irish whiskey

Add the Bailey's and Jameson to a shot glass, layering the Bailey's on the bottom. Pour the Guinness into a pint glass or beer mug 3/4 of the way full and let settle. Drop the shot glass into the Guinness and chug. If you don't drink it fast enough it will curdle and increasingly taste worse.

Isn't that an oxymoron???? :laugh:

The stuff that's poured here yes it would be, but in the UK it's a whole different animal. :love:

Éphémère from Unibroue in Quebec is quite good. Refreshing on a hot day.

Speaking of Guinness and with St. Paddy's around the corner how about an Irish Car Bomb;

3/4 pint Guinness® stout
1/2 shot Bailey's® Irish cream
1/2 shot Jameson® Irish whiskey

Add the Bailey's and Jameson to a shot glass, layering the Bailey's on the bottom. Pour the Guinness into a pint glass or beer mug 3/4 of the way full and let settle. Drop the shot glass into the Guinness and chug. If you don't drink it fast enough it will curdle and increasingly taste worse.
I had the Quelque Chose over ice and it was refreshing, but still not warm enough to fully enjoy it.

UGH...Irish Car Bombs...Bad memories.

Never tried but I'll try anything once.

Have you tried the Schneider brew with the same name as a CP handle?

Aventinus!

One of the best of that kind, IMO. I love most of their brews.

Steve