• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Not again! WTF is this x 3!

mu mike

It's not a lie if you believe it.
The saga continues...

I got home last night from being out of town and found another package waiting for me. Again, I got a huge smile on my face because I knew what was waiting inside for me. I shook it, and heard the wonderful sound of liquid. Hmmm, what am I going to drink tonight?!?!?!?!?

I decided to go have a cigar at the local shop with a friend. I took the package with me (hoping he’d help me open it! LOL). It says it’s from Phil Cooper on the return label. You’ve been busy Phil!

Here is what it looked like when I opened it:

70D30A84-03B0-482D-A4D9-D98D791862DF.jpg

The note read like this:

1BA96829-0E69-4177-AA77-86CFB19B801A.jpg

(Dammit, I thought I rotated that correctly. Sorry about that.)

How cool is that! I am giddy with anticipation. (Giddy? How gay does that sound. Who says that?)

Anyhoo, I grab a knife and start cutting and pulling foam off. Here is the first sign of life:

9C37EE0D-15DF-49E9-8A25-A102FECCE79B.jpg

It appears to be a coffee mug or water jug of some kind. I break it loose and just about break my wrist trying to open the lid! I can see the cigars inside but can’t get the damn thing open. Luckily my friend is there to help and we manage to pry it open using, what else, but a screwdriver. My go-to. Inside was a nice selection of cigars, 8 to be exact, with one tube included. I open the tube and find this:

VSGround.jpg

A VSG BELI ROUND!!! These are legendary smokes for me. I remember going through a couple of cabs of these back in 2000. Truly fantastic cigars. I immediately have to light it up, it has to be smoked! Thank you for the opportunity to smoke one of these again, it’s been a long time.

Now, it’s back to de-foaming. I manage to break one of the bottles free on the side and then we take a break to enjoy the booty!

04456CAF-5470-45FD-9291-09FB6B7DB2DE.jpg

What a really good stout. I had never had it before but was very impressed. It had a nice hop character which I don’t get often in a stout, and I’m not a hop head at all. But it was a solid stout and one I will seek out again. Plus the name kicks ass!

Back to work and I manage to get another bottle free:

52D034C6-317F-4E19-924A-5595AABAB013.jpg

Another one I’ve never had. I decide to save this one since it’s an IPA and I see another stout waiting for me!

Then the final bottle is the bourbon. Oh sweet bourbon. Here is a picture of all of the bottles (notice the knife marks on the bourbon label - LOL):

807A334A-E308-43D9-96A7-8A95BC525148.jpg

We decide to pop open the other stout next:

Knight.jpg

A smooth, solid stout. Nice choice newbie!

Well, this was another awesome experience courtesy of a very thoughtful newbie. I am not worthy of the generosity, but I sincerely appreciate it. I have had so much fun during this process.

That said, I need names!!!!!! The guilty shall not go unpunished!!!!!

Noobs with VSG rounds? wtf are these guys?

It really is cool. Just f'in cool, and much appreciated! I've had more fun with cigar packages these last couple weeks than I have doing just about anything else. Thank you guys!

It really is cool. Just f'in cool, and much appreciated! I've had more fun with cigar packages these last couple weeks than I have doing just about anything else. Thank you guys!

So what you're telling me is that all it takes to keep you entertained is attempting to remove a cigar or two packaged in PVC and buried in spray foam with nothing but a screwdriver? You sound like a cheap date.

In all seriousness though your bomb thread have been some of the more entertaining ones to read because of your lack of handyman skills.

In all seriousness though your bomb thread have been some of the more entertaining ones to read because of your lack of handyman skills.

It's even funnier in person! I should have video-taped my ineptitude.