• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Not Funny. Not funny at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad this all got settled. One mans treasure is another mans trash.

The same can apply to humour, yet it does pay to know your audience. Such a bold joke is best left to people you know better.

Bah.. this has all been said before. Well done to MandyPi for apologising so sincerely, yet I feel we did go too hard on him. While I am not one to appreciate toilet humour, you have to admit his intentions were (albeit misguided) good. Like I wrote: know your audience mate.

Then again.. it could be the fever talking. I'm gonna go lurk some more.

*edit: spelling

agreed, is always better to know your audience. however, crude humor is still humor...and while we are all mature adults i understand that Mandy was being funny about the bomb. If i received it, i would've laughed my ass off, but i guess i can see how BBS would be offended. Time to move on...no harm no foul.

let the bombings commence

This is one of the most ridiculous threads I've ever read. BBS, do you have your feelings on your sleeve? Toughen your ass up, even if somebody was telling you to "fuck off", who gives a shit? I've seen SO much complaining, and downright pansy-ass behavior on this board, that even though it had nothing to do with me, I'm fed up with it. You never know when you might "accidently" offend somebody, whether it be jokes about a GF, a joke item sent, in bad taste or not, or some other side comment made. Personally, I'm not waiting around to find out if I accidently offend somebody that wears their feelings on their sleeve.

The first post states that BBS is returning the cigars and "putting him on ignore", a couple of other members state that since he's ignoring this gentleman, they are as well. He took time, and money out of his own pocket to send somebody he had never met an item that he "thought" would enjoy. Welp, if you're itching to put somebody on ignore, simply click on the name "TMarquis", and click ignore, as I won't be back for it to make a difference.

I was supposed to send somebody a pack as well, I was going out of my way to find some rare hard to find sticks, even went so far as to read old posts made by this person to see what they REALLY liked/wanted, but screw it, I'd probably end up having it thrown up in my face if I don't add a note or some other "proper" CP action. *shrugs* Just saved me some of my own money, simple as that. I don't feel like accidently offending somebody, maybe my smiley face on the hand written note looked a little crooked, so I'll take myself out of the mix before before a foolish misunderstood post has to be made about me.

Not that anybody will care, but take care.

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something." - Plato

Your signature...

Have fun where ever you go.

That Plato feller was pretty doggone smart...

But I actually like this quote better - "Stupidity, if left untreated, is self-correcting." - Heinlein

And...

"Every absurdity has a champion who will defend it." - Unknown Author

Thanks, Rod!!! :thumbs:

If it were an unbanded Cuban tampon (and all the twang that entails), I would have been very happy to receive it.

Glad this was all settled.

I was supposed to send somebody a pack as well, I was going out of my way to find some rare hard to find sticks

Send 'em to the troops, if nothing else. Always appreciated. :)

Your opinion disagrees with many of the the members here and given the way you expressed it, you'll be asked by everyone to leave now. Too bad... I understand where you're coming from, but we should both understand the other side, too.

Take care.

---John Holmes...

John,

You be careful out there. Keep your head down and came back safely.

SJM

Almost 10 whole days Doc. He knows everything by now :rolleyes:

This is one of the first things I ever read on here and even being new I didn't find much humor in it.

Learn some damn respect herfmaniac. You're idea of what's funny is not necessarily the same as everyone here. You're inflammatory comment is only going to get you booed on out of here. MandyPi owned up and has now become a positive contributor to the board. This was settled, there's no need for you to come in here blabbing your bullshit.

/end rant

EDIT: Belige

Kevin,use the foil, then if needed, the cutlass. ;)

Doc.

Can we please move on from this. I was hoping that this would have been put to bed already, but now I find that its found its way back to the top of the list. BBS and I have worked this out. Please, please....let's move on. Thank you.

Can we please move on from this. I was hoping that this would have been put to bed already, but now I find that its found its way back to the top of the list. BBS and I have worked this out. Please, please....let's move on. Thank you.

I echo this statement. No reason to revive this thread Herfmaniac. This is a lesson learned, a tutorial to be sure for Newbies to come, and a thread of reference for the upcoming Newbie War of 2009...

But a needed ressurection? Absolutely not. Refrain from adding anything else to this already absolved situation. Whether the FOGs chime in on this topic or not, it is their prerogative, but nonetheless: Your initial reply does not seem to hold anything positive to add to this thread.

Herfmaniac, if you have any more questions, PM me anytime.

-Jonathan

[quote name='5 O'Clock Somewhere' post='661762' date='May 5 2008, 12:17 AM']Learn some damn respect herfmaniac. You're idea of what's funny is not necessarily the same as everyone here. You're inflammatory comment is only going to get you booed on out of here. MandyPi owned up and has now become a positive contributor to the board. This was settled, there's no need for you to come in here blabbing your bullshit.

/end rant

EDIT: Belige[/quote]

You want to hear inflammatory, you self important windbag? How's this: Blow it out of your ASS, you lousy piece of shit. The same goes for everyone else who jumped all over my ass for making a simple statement. Fuck off!

Haha, way to bring up a few months old topic.

And it's easy to have two accounts, two IPs, and the matter but at the same time, the ISP can be traced and bam, PERMABAN!

Status
Not open for further replies.