• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Now many cigars do you smoke a day

bunn163A

I spent the day with some friends who smoke 5 cigars a week on vacation.I smoke 5-6 everyday....Please tell me I am the one who is right.I hate to think I am over indulging.

All in personal preference man... I'm sure there are others who have as many as you and there are probably many that have as few as one a week... I have about 2-3 a week...

Definitely a personal preference. I only smoked 3 a week until it got warm. Now I do one a day.

If you are happy with 5-6, then go for it.

Depends on the weather. I've been going at a rate of 5-6 per week lately, just because the weather has been decent. But now that I'm about to start working full time again (woohoo!) and the weather/humidity on the rise, I'm sure I'll be back down to a nominal 2-3 per week. It's been around that over the years, sometimes more sometimes less. 5-6 per day...I can't afford to smoke through my stash that quick!!

I tend to go in spurts. Sometimes 1 a day. Sometimes 1 a week. Every now and then 2-4 a day. It all depends on the location of where I'm smoking, whether it's indoors at a lounge or outside on my deck and what company I am with.

I should have added that i am a cigarrete smoker trying to quit..............

I thought it interesting to go back here and see what my answer was a little over a year ago. It's pretty much the same as it is now. At least one per weekday, maybe two if I feel I have the time (I only smoke a cigar when I can take the time to really enjoy it). I smoke two to three per day on the weekends.

There's also another thread from late 2008 here that gives an idea on a good many folks, course some may have changed habits by now.

Usually 1 a day during the week and now that it is nice out about three or four a day on the weekends.

I'm in the same boat. The way I think of it though is I have to want to quit smoking cigarettes instead of trying to replace them with cigars...

I'm down to about 4 cigarettes a day as opposed to about a pack a day 2 weeks ago... I just set it in my mind at what time of the day I will allow myself to go have a cigarette. I don't allow myself to smoke first thing in the morning and I don't allow myself to smoke right after I eat - those are the hardest 2 times to move away from smoking cigarettes...

1-2 per day, sometimes I can fit 3 in, breakfast, afternoon, and after dinner. This last week has been hectic as I have family visiting.
If I'm not smoking a cigar because of work or just can't stop my errands, I will usually have a pouch of Snus in my mouth.

About 4 or 5 a week. A couple a day when on holiday (loved that the last cruise ship I was on, had a nice cigar bar)

Now, on the other hand, I do a couple ounces of assorted other smokables in the same period. Pipe tobacco, of course. :p Augmented heavily with kreteks, which I got a taste for years ago down under.

Based on the info provided you ain't trying very hard to quit, you're just replacing one with the other.
One a day when it's warm out, less in the winter.

I spent the day with some friends who smoke 5 cigars a week on vacation.I smoke 5-6 everyday....Please tell me I am the one who is right.I hate to think I am over indulging.

Based on the info provided you ain't trying very hard to quit, you're just replacing one with the other.
One a day when it's warm out, less in the winter.

Point taken

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing. 3 to 5 a day, sun, rain, snow or gale makes no difference. BTW, I tried substituting cigars for cigarettes. Didn't work. I went smoke free for two years before I took up cigars again. Haven't touched a cigarette for 5 yrs.

Doc.

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing. 3 to 5 a day, sun, rain, snow or gale makes no difference. BTW, I tried substituting cigars for cigarettes. Didn't work. I went smoke free for two years before I took up cigars again. Haven't touched a cigarette for 5 yrs.

Doc.

But Doc, you are Popeye, you can do anything :laugh: .

I generally smoke 1-2 a day.

Ken