• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Now Playing....(Movies and Reviews)

I second The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel... very funny, well written and great acting...

I finished the new Punisher season over the long weekend---great watch, totally avoided the lame "sophomore season soul-searching" that dulled some of Netflix's other Marvel originals in favor of tons of absolutely brutal action & a twisty plot arc.

So last night, after the newest Counterpart episode I decided to give Mrs. Maisel a try and damn! Y'all were right! Fantastic show.

I don't usually go in for period pieces, but a hour of women in stuff I usually only see in pin up shoots? PLUS original model Checker Cabs and Greenwich Village jazz clubs? THAT I decided right away I could live with. Don't usually like sitcoms, either, but the writing is razor sharp---best I've seen since Justified---and the dialogue just crackles. Laughed my butt off hysterically through the first couple episodes and now I'm hooked.

~Boar

I also started "Sex Education" on Netflix last night. Generally, it's about a high school kid whose mom is a sex therapist and, by extension of growing up with hearing his mother counsel people, is able to help his classmates with some of their issues. The kid is constantly dealing with his mother's very personal questions and very active sex life. There are different sub-plots as you see the different pressures that parents put on their kids.

We started Sex Education today, watched the first two eposides. I really like it so far. Be prepared for lots of sex, strange to say that, but fair warning.

I finished the new Punisher season over the long weekend---great watch, totally avoided the lame "sophomore season soul-searching" that dulled some of Netflix's other Marvel originals in favor of tons of absolutely brutal action & a twisty plot arc.

So last night, after the newest Counterpart episode I decided to give Mrs. Maisel a try and damn! Y'all were right! Fantastic show.

I don't usually go in for period pieces, but a hour of women in stuff I usually only see in pin up shoots? PLUS original model Checker Cabs and Greenwich Village jazz clubs? THAT I decided right away I could live with. Don't usually like sitcoms, either, but the writing is razor sharp---best I've seen since Justified---and the dialogue just crackles. Laughed my butt off hysterically through the first couple episodes and now I'm hooked.

~Boar

Punisher has a ton of episodes. Every time I think I've started the last one, it has another after it.

We started Sex Education today, watched the first two eposides. I really like it so far. Be prepared for lots of sex, strange to say that, but fair warning.
Thought about giving this a shot when first released. Based on your rec I gave it a try. Deals with some intense issues and is very funny at times. Feels a little weird but is entertaining. Will continue to watch.

Full disclosure, I invested in way more than 2 episodes...:rolleyes:o_O

This may have been posted before but just as a heads up to you guys. Boston legal, 5 or 6 six seasons has been on Hulu. Just found it yesterday.

Watched Sicario Day of the Soldado last night.
Literally, no plot. I feel like I missed something, like the whole story....lol.

Start a war. No don't. Get rid of the loose ends. Roll credits.

After watching season 2 of Punisher, I decided to watch all 3 seasons of Daredevil over the last week or so.

Ok, so the fight scenes are over the top, but I thoroughly enjoyed the ride. There's a jailbreak scene in season 3 that was gloriously intense.

Alita, Battle Angel is some amazing spectacle. Terrible acting, especially from Jennifer Connelly, but an awesome display of our movie technology.

Finally watched the Han Solo movie. We liked it. I felt like the new guy pulled off the attitude of the character. And I loved the Easter eggs.

My son and I, started in on the Marvel movies, but not in a correct sequence. He was sick, so we watched:

Avengers : Infinity War
Thor: Ragnarok
Ant Man and the Wasp

We've already seen Guardians of the Galaxy 1 and 2, as well as a few others. We just need to sit down and watch them all, over a few days or a week.

Wife and I watched Polar. It was over the top, like they were trying to be like John Wick, but went with cheesey guns instead. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't bad, but it wasn't John Wick.

Just started Umbrella Academy on Netflix. First episode was good. Will update later. Basically if you took Heroes and mixed it with Watch Men.

Just started Umbrella Academy on Netflix. First episode was good. Will update later. Basically if you took Heroes and mixed it with Watch Men.

I came to this thread to ask/talk about this show. It's good to know someone else is watching it. I really enjoyed the series. Let me know when you finish it. I have some theories.

For those who haven't watched it/ heard of it, I'd recommend it. It's on Netflix.