• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Now Playing....(Movies and Reviews)

I binged it in one weekend!

There were a few overdone moments but overall I thought it was very good & not the usual "comic book" show at all. Plus some really interesting hints thrown in that I'm assuming will get picked up in subsequent seasons, if we get them.

Since the X-Files, certain kinds of shows always seem to include a backstory, or underlying mythos, or largely unexplained conspiracy and sometimes it works for me, sometimes it doesn't. A lot of them go off the rails for me in later seasons, like both Continuum and Blindspot did. Some, like Orphan Black or Burn Notice or Person of Interest, bring things to a satisfying conclusion without that fatal "step too far."

I'm hoping it's like that with this one, because it was a lot of fun.

~Boar

I watched "How To Train Your Dragon 3" in the theater with the family a few days ago. I love the film series, and I thought it was a great ending to the trilogy. Yeah, I like kids' movies. Deal with it.

I've also been (slowly) watching "Designated Survivor" on Netflix. I'll be honest, Italia Ricci might be the only thing that keeps me hitting "play next" on this one. I'm hoping that since Netflix took over for a third season, that it will get the leftover "House Of Cards" production treatment and pick up in both detail and story. If not, oh well...

Finally watched the Han Solo movie. We liked it. I felt like the new guy pulled off the attitude of the character. And I loved the Easter eggs.

I watched this the other night, too, finally. I was pleasantly surprised that I liked it. I thought that both young Han and Donald Glover did a great job. I like Glover in just about everything he's done, so I was happy to see him take on this role. And, of course, Woody!

I came to this thread to ask/talk about this show. It's good to know someone else is watching it. I really enjoyed the series. Let me know when you finish it. I have some theories.

For those who haven't watched it/ heard of it, I'd recommend it. It's on Netflix.

The wife and I started Umbrella Academy last night. We turned it off a little over half way through the first episode. It was taking a long time for character development, plus the whole comic book/super hero genre isn't my thing. I'll have to search this thread for other suggestions.

The wife and I started Umbrella Academy last night. We turned it off a little over half way through the first episode. It was taking a long time for character development, plus the whole comic book/super hero genre isn't my thing. I'll have to search this thread for other suggestions.

Yeah, that was one thing I didnt like. Character development was a little drawn out.

Started season 1 of The Grand Tour. I'd love to drive one of those supercars just one time.

I just binged Netflix's "F1: Drive To Survive" this weekend. If you are even a casual motorsport fan, you need to watch it. It did its job of getting me pumped for the start of this season next week in Australia (like I needed any help in that), and it really shined light on the "best of the rest" in Formula 1; namely every team besides Ferrari, Mercedes, and even Red Bull. The series really showed that F1 is, unlike American racing series' which seem to have racing teams simply as a means for a driver to star on the track, a team sport first and foremost, with drivers making their respective constructors look good on the track. I wish there were ten more episodes of this series, and I really hope that Netflix produces another one for this 2019 season, as they apparently have already begun working with the teams over the off season, new car reveals, and winter testing at Barcelona.

Even if you aren't a real big racing fan, it's worth a watch. Lots of drama presented in a way that makes sense and has impact to a casual viewer.

Anyone watched Happy and Leonard on Netflix?
Season 1 was ok. Just started season 2, and it seems to be more depressing.

Season 2 of American Gods is here. Season 5 of Bosch is coming. First season of Hanna launches at the end of this month; Good Omens premieres in May. Season 4 of The Expanse is now officially a rumor.

Oh, and the second half of the current season of Into The Badlands starts soon.

Still finishing the last seasons of both Van Helsing and Wynonna Earp.

~Boar

Season 2 of American Gods is here. Season 5 of Bosch is coming. First season of Hanna launches at the end of this month; Good Omens premieres in May. Season 4 of The Expanse is now officially a rumor.

Oh, and the second half of the current season of Into The Badlands starts soon.

Still finishing the last seasons of both Van Helsing and Wynonna Earp.

~Boar

Did Van Helsing end up being a good watch?
I've gotten as far as just after the mom and daughter reunion.

Did Van Helsing end up being a good watch?
I've gotten as far as just after the mom and daughter reunion.

I'm three episodes into Season 3 and I'm worried that it's all going to get a little . . . . convoluted. And possibly start jumping a few sharks.

~Boar

Opie is Beta
Nuff said