• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Nubbing

Gipper76

Can someone please explain nubbing to me. I've asked many people and I've gotten quite a few different responses. So, what is it and how do you do it?

It's smoking a cigar down as far as you can, till it nearly (or does) burn your fingers. Usually a sign of a good cigar that you just don't want to put down. :)

For example:

slevy007ashes.jpg

Wilkey

I was always told its where one chews on the end of the cigar. If its notnubbing, what's that if anything?

I can attest from experience that smoking the label is naaaaaaaaasty!

BolivarTubosNo3.jpg

Wilkey

Consider nubbing what Clint Eastwood did with his cigars in the old west movies...

It could also be a damn good or DAMN expensive cigar you're trying to taste your $30 or $40 worth!

nubbing:
Dated or outdated, 17-19 [sup]th [/sup]century term for copulation . See copulation for synonyms.

or

as my friend Tom woould have it :
<a href="http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=nubbing" target="_blank">
LINKY</a>
LMAO - I knew I would get a good laugh if I clicked on that link. I have to pass that on to my buddy who is missing half a finger. Priceless..

nubbing:
Dated or outdated, 17-19 [sup]th [/sup]century term for copulation . See copulation for synonyms.

or

<a href="http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=nubbing" target="_blank">
LINKY</a>
LMAO - I knew I would get a good laugh if I clicked on that link. I have to pass that on to my buddy who is missing half a finger. Priceless..

That is damn funny, I woke my wife up laughing...

nubbing:

or

LINKY</a>
What would we do without Gary, our in house linky reference man :laugh:
BTW - do 1 and 2 work togther? :sign:

Brian

Another one photo example.

1fe0.jpg

I did it using only fingers and no nubbing tools ;)

agree with the 'down to the last puff' definition... nubbing to me is getting every last bit of enjoyment from the cigar - down to the singeing of my mustache on a few occasions.

otherwise the other is just chewing on the cap. Not even gonna go there with the other definition! :laugh:

agree with the 'down to the last puff' definition... nubbing to me is getting every last bit of enjoyment from the cigar - down to the singeing of my mustache on a few occasions.

otherwise the other is just chewing on the cap. Not even gonna go there with the other definition! :laugh:
Pretty much how I feel about Padrons. :D

I actually classify cigars I have as nubbers or non-nubbers.

Same definition as above. Cigars that I will take down to my fingertips (nubbers), and cigars I just throw away with about 2" left (non-nubbers).

How to nub a cigar:
1- Buy a great cigar (in pic Padron 1964 40th)
2- Light it up
3- Smoke until you pull the cherry through the end with encouragement from your friends (like Jorge Padron :cool:)

meJorge.jpg