• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Official 2007 March Madness Pool Thread <done>

Brickhouse

J.C. Newman owes me royalties.
madnessvf8.jpg

The time has come!! Let's kick off the CP March Madness 2007 Tourney!!
Please read the summary of participation below prior to registration. Any questions can be brought up in this forum or direct PM to me.

RULES:

1. You must be a member of Cigar Pass prior to the date of this post.
2. The wager is 3 cigars per bracket entry of value no less than $8.00 per cigar MSRP. ($24.00 total for each bracket entry) I understand that some cigars are very hard to get at MSRP (VSG, Opus, Anejo, etc). I will take this into consideration when reviewing your wager cigars.
3. You may submit as many brackets as you'd like, as long as you pay the 3 cigars per entry.
4. There will be 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes of my discretion, but most likely a 65/25/10 percent cut on the total of cigars.
5. Upon registration, each participant will post their registered username and proposed cigars for wagering. Members may express their opinion of the proposed cigars, but I will be the final approval authority. See my example in next post.
6. Your "wager"￾ cigars must be in the mail to me postmarked NLT 15 March. Otherwise will result in ineligibility.

SCORING:

This pool is based on a points system. The scoring system is designed to give you more points per correct pick as the rounds progress. There are no fancy bonus points or seed bonuses. It's straight up pickem to win with point values as follows:

Points awarded per correct pick per round:

First round 1 point
Second round 2 points
Regional semifinal 4 points
Regional finals 8 points
National semifinals 16 points
Championship 32 points

Tie breaker(s) will be total championship game points.

Poolhost.com will automatically score each round and keep the rankings for our pool. All we do is watch and cheer.

TIMELINE/IMPORTANT DATES:

24 February - CP March Madness 2007 open for registration.

11 March - Selection Sunday (All 65 teams will populate in the bracket system). Start filling out your bracket(s)!!!!!

15 March - Last day to register

15 March - Last day to fill out and submit your bracket

15 March - Your wager cigars must be in the mail to me, postmarked NLT this day.

15 March @ 12pm EST - Opening round of the 2007 NCAA Tournament (NO MORE SUBMISSIONS!)

2 April - NCAA Championship Game (Winners will be decided)

3 April - Packages with DC#'s will be shipped to the winners.

REGISTRATION INFORMATION:

In order to join, you must register as a user at PoolHost.com

When registering, you will choose a personal username and password. Preferrably CP_(your CP Username). For example my Pool Host username is CP_Brickhouse. Once you've entered PoolHost.com as a registered user, go to the 'User Tools' menu and choose 'Join a Private Pool'. You will be asked to enter the Pool's Login Name and the Pool's Password.

For the Pool's Login Name type: CigarPass
For the Pool's Password type: Tatuaje

That's it and then you're in! The next time you login in you can go to 'My Pools' and you'll see all pools that you are a member of. Click on "Cigar Pass Madness"￾ and you will go to that pool.

LIST OF PARTICIPANTS: (will be edited as we go).

1. Brickhouse (sticks received!) Two Brackets
2. wasy (sticks received!)
3. slcraiders (sticks received!)
4. smellysell (sticks received!)
5. Burnt Tongue (sticks received!)
6. n8warren (sticks received!)
7. The Inspector (sticks received!)
8. davidr2340 (sticks received!)
9. sack (sticks received!)
10. BobbyRitz (sticks received!) Three Brackets
11. tasman (sticks received!)
12. rigo (sticks received!)
13. stevehawk (sticks received!)
14. Cookie_1978 (sticks received!)
15. Jhawk (sticks received!)
16. xRanger (sticks received!)
17. Dickson (sticks received!)Two Brackets
18. davew0670 (sticks received!)
......and so on.

Gentlemen, that's it. I don't want to bog this down with more rules and such, so if I've missed anything please bring it to my attention and I will address it.

Best of luck to all of you and lets have some fun!!!

You are officially ON THE CLOCK!!​

Registration complete

Username: CP_Brickhouse

Proposed Wager Sticks for Bracket 1 Entry:

Gurkha Legend Torpedo
Ashton VSG Wizard
Work of Art Maduro (WOAM)

I'm registered
User name: wasy

Proposed sticks

AF Don Carlos Belicoso
WOAM
Opus X Robusto

Edited to change FFOX to Robusto nad DC 0307 0020 0002 6065 8205

registered
User name: slcraiders

Proposed sticks--

Ashton VSG Sorcerer
Tatuaje Regios
Opus X Perfecxion

Edited last stick. It is a Perfecxion and not the Perfecxion Torpedo #2. Don't know what I was thinking....

Registration complete

Username: CP_smellysell

Proposed Wager Sticks for Bracket 1 Entry:

Ashton VSG Beli No. 1
DCM #5
Tatuaje Regios

Registration complete

Username: CP_BurntTongue

Proposed Wager Sticks for Bracket Entry:

Ashton Heritage Puro Sol Belicoso
VSG Enchantment
Davidoff Special Series Short Perfecto

I'm Registered

Username: CP_n8warren

Proposed Wager Sticks for bracket entry:

Tatuaje Cojonu 2006
Tatuaje Noellas
DCMax Robusto

Thanks for running this, it'll be fun.

Edit: I smoked my last Cojonu 2003, had to change it to a 2006.

7 on the first day, not bad at all.

Folks, feel free to sign up now and post your wager cigars at a later date if you wish. You don't need to know your exact three wager 'gars today. You're "registration" post here can be edited once you know that piece.

Let's make it 8 fellas!

Registered today...
CP_davidr2340

Ashton VSG Sorcerer
Tatuaje Reserva SW
Anejo #55

EDIT: Add sticks...

I'm registered! 1. Graycliff Espresso toro 2. Stanford Cameroon Reserve #9 3.Torano Tribute Robusto. I'll be sending it shortly, as soon as the wife comes back. She has me right where she wants me, incapacitated. :laugh:

I'm registered as BobbyRitz.

I will post my sticks on Thursday when I get back into town.

Rob

I am registered!

User: tasman

Will post my sticks this week.

Thanks for doing this Wyatt! :D

12 people? Come on guys lets join in!

Still a few people from the original interest post that haven't signed up, so I know it'll increase a few more. It would be nice to get up to at least 20 on this.

There is still PLENTY of time though.

xRanger...where you at fool? David is talking smack about you, you gonna take that crap?!

Still a few people from the original interest post that haven't signed up, so I know it'll increase a few more. It would be nice to get up to at least 20 on this.

xRanger...where you at fool? David is talking smack about you, you gonna take that crap?!

That 'nancy' won't sign up... ???

That 'nancy' won't sign up... ???

Yeah, and if he does I'll have to have a good look at his wager sticks. I've been bombed by him before, Dutchmasters won't count Bill.

Now if you can swing some Pineapple White Owls, we may be in business :)

I'm registered! 1. Graycliff Espresso toro 2. Stanford Cameroon Reserve #9 3.Torano Tribute Robusto. I'll be sending it shortly, as soon as the wife comes back. She has me right where she wants me, incapacitated. :laugh:
Just so you don't miss this, lmk! :thumbs:

Just so you don't miss this, lmk! :thumbs:

Gotcha!