• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Official date for the CP Herf!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matty_Vegas said:
After the herf is over...I will no longer be contributing any longer to cigarpass.

[snapback]298594[/snapback]​

Give me a break....... have a cigar and relax.

Dennis... I view it this way...

CigarPass is a club - a social organization if you will. We all stand around in the locker room after a shower, and MattR (along with others) come through snapping our asses with towels. Is it annoying? Sure - Does it piss you off? Well - it will if you let it...

Okay - so some people are HUGELY offended if their called an "asshat". Let's be reflective... What would cause someone call call you an "asshat". Is it because you may be doing something which is is considered out of the norm? For example - if you start a group buy and you've only been here about a year, you had BETTER know WTF you're doing. Starting a group buy like that is out of the norm... And if it turns into a cluster (i.e. - packages are being sent out "whenever", the selection of cigars are being ordered however the host sees fit, etc.) - that is again out of the norm for this board. And if you see it differently - YOU'RE AN ASSHAT!!!

Matty - no one is dogging you because you've stepped up and tried to help Rod organize a CP herf. What has been brought out is the manner in which the herf is being set up. It's chaotic, fluid, random... All of the things about that herf are out of the norm...

This board is what it is. For example, the trader section of this board is THE BEST trader section of ANY PUBLIC cigar board out there. There are some VERY nice cigars offered for sale and/or trade. This community (and the FOG's) don't allow asshats to waltz in here and put up their load of fake cigars they picked up on a recent trip to Guam. Nor does anyone allow someone to come in and offer sought after cigars for premium prices... Not gonna happen - even though some members have expressed that they think we should leave that choice up to the membership. The point is - You really don't have to worry about what you buy in that thread - it should all be good and reasonably priced... If you want it any other way - there are PLENTY of other cigar boards that view things ENTIRELY different.

Fact is - if you don't like being snapped in the ass from time to time you don't have to get all surly about it - MOVE ON!!!! If it's not your cup of tea - that's okay!!!

theHatguy said:
I don't know if anyone wants or cares about my opinion, but you guys ALL of you guys break my heart. And I am pretty sure you are doing the same to other newbies. Why do we have to bicker all the time. I have read more bullcrap in the last hour than any member should. I think, and again it's just my opinion, that ALL of you guys should take a break from posting. You always tell the newbies to read more and post less. Well, I am asking ALL of you to do the same. Live and let live, turn the other cheek, love thy neighbor, And most of all treat others as you want to be treated.
I think we should all take a break get that cigar out that has been aging in the humi for a couple of years, and fire that mother up. Think about what has gone on the pass couple of days. And after you ALL are feeling better, I think a few apologies are in order. Forgive that BOTL that pissed you off and forget.
When I joined this sight I had one thing in mind. That was to have a cigar with as many of you BOTL as I could, but now I am not so sure. But I think in a couple of days it will all be GOOD again.
Remember that there are a lot of use newbies that read most of everything the FOG's say.
[snapback]298998[/snapback]​

ggiese said:
Dennis...  I view it this way...

This community (and the FOG's) don't allow asshats to waltz in here and put up their load of fake cigars they picked up on a recent trip to Guam.  Nor does anyone allow someone to come in and offer sought after cigars for premium prices...  Not gonna happen - even though some members have expressed that they think we should leave that choice up to the membership
[snapback]299032[/snapback]​

You're a fog now? Did I miss something? ??? :p

ggiese said:

CigarPass is a club - a social organization if you will. We all stand around in the locker room after a shower, and MattR (along with others) come through snapping our asses with towels. Is it annoying? Sure - Does it piss you off? Well - it will if you let it...
I think he snaps more pictures when your towel drops than snapping towels. :laugh:

Whatever it is called, it doesn't matter. I met up with lucasbuck in Ogden for a little Herf, and it rocked. I met up with Swissy and PetersCreek for a Herf, and it rocked. I met up with guys from CS in Vegas for a Herf, and it rocked. I met up with guys from CW for a Herf, and it rocked. And I am planning on meeting up with some guys in Vegas for a CP herf, and I have no doubt it will rock!!!

It is all about the brotherhood; sharing a love for the leaf with others who have the same love. Depending on the day, anyone can rub me the wrong way (except Matt, he always rubs me right :blush: ). I hope everyone can make it down there for this Herf. I hope Bill can make it down for this herf too. Everyone has a different opinion on just about everything; what holds true here is that we all love cigars. No matter what, we have that in common. And that is what a Herf is all about.

Long ashes to ya!!!
- C

ggiese said:

Okay - so some people are HUGELY offended if their called an "asshat". Let's be reflective... What would cause someone call call you an "asshat". Is it because you may be doing something which is is considered out of the norm? For example - if you start a group buy and you've only been here about a year, you had BETTER know WTF you're doing. Starting a group buy like that is out of the norm... And if it turns into a cluster (i.e. - packages are being sent out "whenever", the selection of cigars are being ordered however the host sees fit, etc.) - that is again out of the norm for this board. And if you see it differently - YOU'RE AN ASSHAT!!!

Matty - no one is dogging you because you've stepped up and tried to help Rod organize a CP herf. What has been brought out is the manner in which the herf is being set up. It's chaotic, fluid, random... All of the things about that herf are out of the norm...

This board is what it is. For example, the trader section of this board is THE BEST trader section of ANY PUBLIC cigar board out there. There are some VERY nice cigars offered for sale and/or trade. This community (and the FOG's) don't allow asshats to waltz in here and put up their load of fake cigars they picked up on a recent trip to Guam. Nor does anyone allow someone to come in and offer sought after cigars for premium prices... Not gonna happen - even though some members have expressed that they think we should leave that choice up to the membership. The point is - You really don't have to worry about what you buy in that thread - it should all be good and reasonably priced... If you want it any other way - there are PLENTY of other cigar boards that view things ENTIRELY different.

Fact is - if you don't like being snapped in the ass from time to time you don't have to get all surly about it - MOVE ON!!!! If it's not your cup of tea - that's okay!!!

theHatguy said:
I don't know if anyone wants or cares about my opinion, but you guys ALL of you guys break my heart. And I am pretty sure you are doing the same to other newbies. Why do we have to bicker all the time. I have read more bullcrap in the last hour than any member should. I think, and again it's just my opinion, that ALL of you guys should take a break from posting. You always tell the newbies to read more and post less. Well, I am asking ALL of you to do the same. Live and let live, turn the other cheek, love thy neighbor,  And most of all treat others as you want to be treated.
I think we should all take a break get that cigar out that has been aging in the humi for a couple of years, and fire that mother up. Think about what has gone on the pass couple of days. And after you ALL are feeling better, I think a few apologies are in order. Forgive that BOTL that pissed you off and forget.
When I joined this sight I had one thing in mind. That was to have a cigar with as many of you BOTL as I could, but now I am not so sure. But I think in a couple of days it will all be GOOD again.
Remember that there are a lot of use newbies that read most of everything the FOG's say.
[snapback]298998[/snapback]​

GG, Thanks but what I don't understand is why we have to take it so far. I am not to knowledgeable about the box splits, the trades, And the group buys as of yet. But I am trying to learn. That is why I read them. But what I read today and that happened yesterday was totally unacceptable behavior from a lot of the FOG's. not just one, as I read it, again I may be wrong. And please explain if you feal differently. I just think that the FOG's, if you will, should be a little bit more understanding to one another. Exspecially if you know that the newbie's are reading what you post. I am not trying to throw blame or put down anyone. I just think we should all be a little more respectful towards each other. Basically the old guy teaching the young guy. And is this what the old guys want to teach? That is all I want to say on this.
I do want to thank you and all the FOG's for everything you do for US "the newbie's" I have learn a lot here at CP and would like for all the FOG's to stay around and share there knowledge, because everyone knows we need all the knowledge we can get. You guys are like the big brother. And no matter what anyone says you learn alot from your big brother. Right Steve?

Blue Dragon said:
ggiese said:

CigarPass is a club - a social organization if you will.  We all stand around in the locker room after a shower, and MattR (along with others) come through snapping our asses with towels.  Is it annoying?  Sure - Does it piss you off?  Well - it will if you let it... 
I think he snaps more pictures when your towel drops than snapping towels. :laugh:

Whatever it is called, it doesn't matter. I met up with lucasbuck in Ogden for a little Herf, and it rocked. I met up with Swissy and PetersCreek for a Herf, and it rocked. I met up with guys from CS in Vegas for a Herf, and it rocked. I met up with guys from CW for a Herf, and it rocked. And I am planning on meeting up with some guys in Vegas for a CP herf, and I have no doubt it will rock!!!

It is all about the brotherhood; sharing a love for the leaf with others who have the same love. Depending on the day, anyone can rub me the wrong way (except Matt, he always rubs me right :blush: ). I hope everyone can make it down there for this Herf. I hope Bill can make it down for this herf too. Everyone has a different opinion on just about everything; what holds true here is that we all love cigars. No matter what, we have that in common. And that is what a Herf is all about.

Long ashes to ya!!!
- C
[snapback]299041[/snapback]​
Cory,
You sound like a cool MFer, Can't wait to meet you and all the guys in Vegas.

kiltedcraftsman said:
ggiese said:

This community (and the FOG's) don't allow asshats to waltz in here and put up their load of fake cigars they picked up on a recent trip to Guam.  Nor does anyone allow someone to come in and offer sought after cigars for premium prices...  Not gonna happen - even though some members have expressed that they think we should leave that choice up to the membership

You're a fog now? Did I miss something? ??? :p
[snapback]299037[/snapback]​

Hell, I am not even sure what a FOG is. I thought it was just an old dude. :sign: But what do I know. :cool: I thought you were a FOG. :whistling:

theHatguy said:
Cory,
You sound like a cool MFer, Can't wait to meet you and all the guys in Vegas.
[snapback]299045[/snapback]​

You said a lot of good things, bro... but I like this little tidbit is the best! Cory is definitely one cool mofo! :thumbs:

well gang,
looks like it's official- not gonna make it down for the Herf. Seems we have mandatory training that week, and the day off I had already arranged was revoked. It's either take the training, or drop my special teams incentive pay (lose 4% pay). Crap... :angry: but a 4% pay cut is something I'm not willing to do just yet.

But, since I won't make it, I have a couple of things I'll send down. Matty- PM comin' at ya!

Swissy said:
well gang,
looks like it's official- not gonna make it down for the Herf. Seems we have mandatory training that week, and the day off I had already arranged was revoked. It's either take the training, or drop my special teams incentive pay (lose 4% pay). Crap... :angry: but a 4% pay cut is something I'm not willing to do just yet.

But, since I won't make it, I have a couple of things I'll send down. Matty- PM comin' at ya!
[snapback]299424[/snapback]​

Nuther one bites the dust! :( Too bad Swissy! I was looking forward to meeting the Salmonator! LOL!! :D

See you guys in 2 months.
Wow 2 months thats like an eternity!!LOL!
Great airfare and hotel deals still to be had.
Please dont let this be the only thing keeping you guys from coming!
DEALS can still be had!!

If any one needs help locating good room prices or airfare/transportation dont hestitate to PM me. I am more than willing to help.

Hope you all like RUM.. Cuz Im bringing some for all of us to "SAMPLE"..LOL!! And im bringing some smokes for us to all try. :D

Hopefully we are able to hang out at the Polo Towers one night..
Rod whats the deal on the website promoting this? More promotion might = more ppl.

Also a finalized itinerary (SP? :sign: ) would be great also . That way ppl can know what they have in store for them when they come to Vegas. This might also peak more interest in attending.

Ok so who for sure is still going?
Who after this is said and done will still stay here as active members?
Who will step up and plan the next event?

I am still in for Vegas.
I will continue being active when this herf is said and done.
And I hope i am included on the planning commitee for the next event. :D

alexgtp said:
See you guys in 2 months.
Wow 2 months thats like an eternity!!LOL!
Ok so who for sure is still going?
Who after this is said and done will still stay here as active members?
Who will step up and plan the next event?

I am still in for Vegas.

I will continue being active when this herf is said and done.
And I hope i am included on the planning commitee for the next event. :D
[snapback]299449[/snapback]​

I WILL BE THERE!!! With bells on and wife in tow! :whistling:

I nominate Wash DC for next year's herf!!

Alaska gets my nomination... :whistling:

LOL... actualy, something mid-USA would be best for all I think?

I think a neutral location is needed for the CP HERF....Toronto, Canada.

kiltedcraftsman said:
Swissy said:
LOL... actualy, something mid-USA would be best for all I think?
[snapback]299607[/snapback]​

Denver wouldn't be bad. Good central location...
[snapback]299609[/snapback]​

My truely unbiased answer would be that Denver is a GREAT location for "the" HERF. :sign: :sign:

Denver IS a hub city and has at least 3 venues that would support a 150 person HERF. Toronto is on my must visit sometime list, though. I like the Lakes region. My wife and I bombed Chicago for the weekend last month. We had a wonderful time.

OK ppl.

Who is in for a get together thursday night if you are in town at the MC Brewery? I was thinking 8ish-9ish? For some of these..

dsc024115mo.jpg

...and of course these!!

fakecohiba13ph.jpg

LOL

I am flying in at noon on Friday and out early Monday morning. And I still have one room available at Polo Towers if anyone needs it.

Status
Not open for further replies.