• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

OI! From a newbie!

Howdy D.U.T. and welcome to CP from Sunny Central Florida.... :) :thumbs: :)

Hey CC, why would Brett laugh at in February. I actually enjoy February down here in Daytona. Bike Week, Spring Break (Lots of Bikinis) and of course the Daytona 500. He may be laughing at you in February.... :D :sign: :p :thumbs: :D

Welcome Brett. Glad you joined us. Im interested in your answer to the truck-train question as well. Those things are huge!!

AVB said:
Don't mind CC. he's the Connecticut version of poor white trash. Hasn't worked in years and drives a Jag. :0 :0 :0
Now that is funny :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign:

Aloha
Welcome to CP Brett :)
Glad you found us . You'll like it here

Bill

AVB said:
Welcome!  You wouldn't drive one of those Truck-trains they have down there would you?  Saw one once and it was damn impressive!
Yea, I do my share of road-train hauls. When I do, it's usually really long hauls across the Outback and far trips like Darwin to Melbourne, Brisbane (where I am) to Darwin or Brisbane to Perth (all the way on the western side of Australia). We don't usually use 'em to make little trips from say, Brisbane to Sydney/Canberra/Melbourne (all along the Eastern coast). Those road-train hauls usually run anywhere from 4800 to 9700 kilometers (3000 to 6000 miles for you blokes). Very long, very tiring hauls. But the pay is absolutely ace for 'em. And, to be honset, it's a bloody fun drive. :D

Cheers mates.

Welcome,

Brisban is in the tropics, I don't think trucker has to worry about snow.
My boss is being transferred to Brisban at the end of the month, I work for an Australian based company. We Americanized him before we sent him back, gained 30 pounds and finally says aluminum correctly.

Enjoy the site.

AVB said:
Don't mind CC. he's the Connecticut version of poor white trash. Hasn't worked in years and drives a Jag. :0 :0 :0
LMAO @ AVB :D

The Jag is now a five cylinder. :0 Blew a head gasket on Sunday. Hey, at least I've got the time to fix it seeing how I have no job :p

coventrycat86 said:
The Jag is now a five cylinder. :0 Blew a head gasket on Sunday. Hey, at least I've got the time to fix it seeing how I have no job :p
Damn, I didn't think the hamsters could spin the wheel that fast. :p

Fast4Dr said:
what exactly is a "road-train"?
Do a google image search for a pic. Basicly giant trucks pulling 3-7 trailers.....really big trailers.

This is from the Guiness Book of World Records:

A road train 1,235 m (4,052.8 ft) long and consisting of 87 trailers and a single prime mover was assembled near Mungindi, New South Wales, Australia, on March 29, 2003 at the Mighty Mungindi Truck and Trailer Pull.

Now that's a 706 wheeler :0

Here's some good pictures of road trains. The 29 car one seems to be moving rather then just put together for the record books. Maybe not.

Fast4Dr said:
WHAT?

Wassa matter, you don't see these on the Cross Island Parkway or the LIE?

Wimpy New York roads :p

coventrycat86 said:
Fast4Dr said:
WHAT?

Wassa matter, you don't see these on the Cross Island Parkway or the LIE?

Wimpy New York roads :p
I've seen piggie backs (2 trailers) but not in New York as they are banned

AVB said:
Here's some good pictures of road trains. The 29 car one seems to be moving rather then just put together for the record books. Maybe not.
This a good site to see others listing. I know some of thse blokes quite well. Great mates to have and spend time with tossing pints and smoking cigars.

Here's a picture of our "little" Mack :p
mack.jpg