• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

On the 20 Year Plan... and I even graduated early!

kann

One Leg Of Fury.
I've been absent from the board for a while now.  I was in my final semester of school working on my History degree, and I realized that I had to manage my time better.  So, my guitars were all packed up, I put away all my leisure reading books and didn't order any more, and I decided to cut back on my internet time as it was taking too much time away from research and writing for my senior thesis (Thanks, again, to Doc and the others for the replies a while ago).

Well, as of yesterday I officially have a degree in History.  Or, as one of my recent instructors calls it, a "BA in BS".  I'm hoping to teach middle school Social Studies, eventually.  We are getting ready to leave Germany this summer, so I'm not going to be doing a whole lot until then.  I just know it's going to be weird to wake up tomorrow and not have any sort of homework or research assignments due.  That's not exactly a bad feeling, though!  Now, I've got a lot of books to catch up on out on the balcony while I create tobacco ashes...

Congratulations. An honorable trade which I feel does not get 1/10 of the respect it should get. One of these days the majority of parents will realize that teachers are taking a major part in raising our children, especially elementary school when the love of learning is being critically nurtured.

Thanks, all. Burned up one of those Viajes today, a cheap Puros Indios, and finished up Clive Cussler's most recent book out on the balcony in the sun. The kids just got home from school, so now it is time to get my family back!

Congrats.  I was wondering what had happened to you.  What was your thesis on?  It's been 20yrs since I did mine on the Salem Witch Trials, but I remember that final week was a bitch.  Glad you made it through.

My thesis was on technological advancements in prosthetics during the early 20th Century in Europe.  Otto Bock, specifically.  

I lost a LOT of sleep between January and, well... Saturday.  

Congrats, brother. I guess I'll accept that excuse for why you haven't answered any of my messages. :)

Congrats on the graduation!  I know the struggles you had, as I just graduated in December!  Good luck on the educational job.  Teach the children well.

Theron

Again, thanks, all.  Kona, I'm hoping to work with DoDDS on Hawaii while we're there.  No clue after that.

I just noticed today that my three year mark was about a week ago.  Time flies...

Way to persevere and make the necessary adjustments to your lifestyle to allow you to complete a dream.  Very admirable!

Congratulations on completing your degree. Coming from a family of teachers (wife, sister, daughter and a son planning to become.....wait for it.....a middle school History teacher) I know how much work and dedication it takes. I wish you and your family the best. 

edit for spelling

An accomplishment that you should be very proud of! Congratulations, but you know to be a teacher and get paid anything you'll need that graduate degree.

Back