• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

OPFTH (Cigars for the Troops)

18 boxes left today for the sand box

details at opfth website / units (forums) to see who got them

Five boxes full of cigars heading to various points in the sandbox and one heading to the Afghan "Alps" on Monday.

details at opfth website / units (forums) to see who got them

10 more boxes left for the sand box today. Details at www.opfth.com/forums in the units sections soon

Thanks for all that contributed / donated this month

Wow....I just got hit by one of these generous donation. My guys and I will certainly enjoy every single one of these smokes. Thanks for everyone's support while our country is up in arms.

lurch

So glad you got it Michael. There were two boxes headed to you with this shipment so keep your eye out for the other one.

I seriously thought we were under attack today....

That second box hit so hard my shop was about 130 yds. from where I left it before chow. OpFTH really knows how to bring home back to a man. Thanks Mike and all the brothers and sisters who had a hand in this...

lurch

aka Sgt. Michael S. Garcia USMC

Tonight i have a local church doing a troops nite with us and expect about 200+ peeps coming to donate items and write letters and fill and pack boxes (and hopefully donate to pay for shipping) for the troops

CH7 DETROIT NEWS will also be on hand to tape this event for a special segment on their monthly series called "FROM THE HEART"

should be a great time and great promotion in the metro detroit area.

For those in this area it will be aired at the end of the month on CH 7 news. Details to follow

If i get a copy of the show i will post it on our myspace or youtube and link it here.

WHOO HOOO

55 boxes and over 500lbs of goods were packed and on its way to the troops from the Church Event last night in metro Detroit area. Thats the total for day one only. Day 2 is tonight! :)

Fantastic Smitty, EVERYONE is gonna get some joy from this one!! :thumbs:

Received a letter from a former member of the "Brickhouse Smoking Club" yesterday in response to a package sent after Cigarstone (Jeff) held a contest and ALL winners forwarded their prizes to OpFTH. Thank you Brothers!

transcript said:
Dear Mike, Julie, Matt, Hannah, & Jeff,

Thanks so much for the cigar “bomb” – What a great treat. My boss and I make it a point to stop work each Saturday night and enjoy a nice cigar. Please know we will think of you all as we enjoy a simple smoke each week.

The war continues. This is my second tour here and things are improved! Al Qaida is truly grasping for straws as we continue to take the fight to the enemy.

The Iraqi people have begun to take responsibility for their country. Local neighborhood watch groups are popping up throughout the city of Baghdad.

Pray that progress continues and we can stop these every other year deployments.

Thanks again,
Todd Bertulis

dont forget to post that at opfth on his thread.

he is about to get blasted with about 4 boxes of the 75 packed at the church event this week

GREAT STUFF

Aye Aye Bill, and you need to post pics of the Church event here. :thumbs:

stmday1.jpg

Thats day one aftermath.

I have 30+ more in my van going out today.

Totals: 83 boxes and over 1000lbs of goods ($1300 in shipping - YEEKS)

the TV crew made this event bigger than usual. Once everyone heard they were coming the word spread and over 200 showed up

FINAL TOTALS from CHURCH EVENT:

93 boxes

Approx average wgt of each #13 lbs

Total: 1208 LBS/ #

cost of shipping $1546

Total donations during the event from Parish: $1462