• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

OPUS ARE OUT!!

My local dealer had no "normal" Opus X's left, but he did have some charity packs from the "Toast Across America" campaign. Inside is a special-sized Opus X (6.5 inches long, not sure what the gauge is, but fairly thick) and a similarly sized Diamond Crown Maximus.

He stated that the tobacco used in this Opus X is the same as in all of the Opus's just the size was unique. They went for $50 a pack, which may or may not be a decent price, I don't know (depends on how good a Diamond Crown Maximus is, I suppose, because I've seen Opus X's on their own going for almost $50).

Even if this price is a little steep, each pack is tax deductible, so it's not a big deal.

Anyone have any insight here?

Interesting. I see you bought it.

DCs MSRP for about 15-20 I think. Opus are like 8.25-13 except for the A which is 25.

I think the $50 also included a kind of event in the shop, not sure what the deal was but you're right some people are paying more than that just for the one cigar itself.

No one can judge whether it was a good deal except you my friend. And it sounds like you liked the cigar! :)

:thumbs:

Both the Opus X and Diamond Crown Maximus were specially created for this charity event. Both cigars measured 6.50 x 48 and it has been posted at CigarFamily.com that the blends used in these cigars are not the same as the regular blends usually used. I have a pack but haven't tried the cigars yet but I will say that they are beautiful sticks!

Aloha,

Wade

wk-mang said:
Both the Opus X and Diamond Crown Maximus were specially created for this charity event. Both cigars measured 6.50 x 48 and it has been posted at CigarFamily.com that the blends used in these cigars are not the same as the regular blends usually used. I have a pack but haven't tried the cigars yet but I will say that they are beautiful sticks!
Strange... my dealer insisted that the tobacco is identical in both cases.

Anyway, how is the Maximus as a cigar?