• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Opus MSRP Question

StogieSteve

At one of the B&M's I go to they had Opus.

Here are the prices:

$12.33 Opus Perfection #4
$13.03 Opus Belicoso X3
$35.00 Opus A

3 pack tins:

$52.95 Robustos
$57.00 Perfection X
$61.40 Reserva D'Chateau

I live in Wisconsin. What I'm wondering is if these prices are MSRP, and if not how much above MSRP. I asked another member and he suggested I post, and ask.

Thanks,

Steven

Yeah, I read that link before I posted. Those prices were from 2005, which caused me to wonder if the prices have went up since then. Hence my post. Are you saying that the MSRP hasn't went up since then?

Steven

I did do a search. According to http://www.vitolas.net/displayimage.php?pos=-902

MSRP as of 2006 for the 3 pack tins was

1. Robusto (5 ¼" x 50) ............................... MSRP = $36.50
2. Perfecxion X (6 ¼" x 48) ......................... MSRP = $39.50
3. Reserva D'Chateau (7" x 48) ................... MSRP = $42.50

However that was 2006. According to cigar-magazine.com Wisconsin excise taxes are 25% of the manufacturers list price I just don't know if that's went up since then. Which is why I asked.

Steven

At one of the B&M's I go to they had Opus.

Here are the prices:

$12.33 Opus Perfection #4
$13.03 Opus Belicoso X3
$35.00 Opus A

3 pack tins:

$52.95 Robustos
$57.00 Perfection X
$61.40 Reserva D'Chateau

I live in Wisconsin. What I'm wondering is if these prices are MSRP, and if not how much above MSRP. I asked another member and he suggested I post, and ask.

Thanks,

Steven

The B&M should be able to tell you. If they don't...well...not good.

Although I'm pretty sure those prices aren't MSRP. I don't think the prices are bad at all. Good luck finding these at MSRP at any B&M.

+1 Bam Bam, I saw some at a B&M yesterday, and they were charging an arm and a leg (starting at around $23 or 25 for a robusto). Rest of the prices at the store are pretty normal.

Those prices seem a bit high to me, but it
might be State tobacco tax that's the difference.

IIRC I pay about $43 for the Robusto tin and
about $9.75 for a Perfecxion #4 single. I get
them in PA or DE, usually.(pre-SCHIP prices)

Chemyst :cool:

I paid $50-55 for the Roubsto tin when I bought it (can't recall exactly how much) and I paid $12 for the #4 and the #5's that I bought. A lot higher than MSRP but I was so shocked to see them at the B&M and it was an impulse buy.. :blush:

I might be of no help here but when I was at a local B&M a few weeks ago I saw 3 tins, they were priced 55/75/100. I was late getting back to work so I couldn't really inquire but just at a glance I felt those were very high.

I picked up a Perfextion X tin for just over $47 this past week. Fuente Fuente's are $11.20. Everything smaller than a #2 is priced in the $11 range and less (4's & 5's). It's not really in line with the OP about MSRP...but it's what I'm paying around here. :rolleyes:

I might be of no help here but when I was at a local B&M a few weeks ago I saw 3 tins, they were priced 55/75/100. I was late getting back to work so I couldn't really inquire but just at a glance I felt those were very high.

Yup, high indeed. :angry: RIIIIIP OFFFFFFFF! Stay Away!!!

The price seems reasonable from what I have seen StogieSteve. One of my sources got hit pretty hard with the new state taxes and the bend me over that isn't going to help Schip bs bill. A single stick for a RdC is around $20 now. I think the packaging of the tin adds like $5-$10 to the price so I'd say its not bad considering how other states have been forced to charge now.

MSRPs have gone up some so, plus tax increases, that could well account for the rise.

I guess it all boils down to how bad you want the Opus. I thinks if you shop around online you can find some better deals. I noticed that CigarBid.com has the Anejo and even some God of Fire showing up quite often now.

I guess it all boils down to how bad you want the Opus. I thinks if you shop around online you can find some better deals. I noticed that CigarBid.com has the Anejo and even some God of Fire showing up quite often now.

Yeah but have you seen the closing cost... $35 and up.... Stupid..

Really, Mike? How come on almost every winning bid, the person winning those "$35 cigars" is MM from Hawthorne, NJ??
You just don't want any competition.

Yeah but have you seen the closing cost... $35 and up.... Stupid..

Really, Mike? How come on almost every winning bid, the person winning those "$35 cigars" is MM from Hawthorne, NJ??
You just don't want any competition.

well i heard nasty has a couple of these that he is trying to unload to get mets tickets
you might want to PM him

How are the secret sales going?

$35 for A isn't bad compared to the $65 the B&M at my house wants. Which is the same price WITH taxes at Casa Fuente in Vegas.