• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Opus X 22 CFCF Fun Box 2005 to 2013 Reviews!

Can't wait to see the pictures.  How long do you recommend sitting on it?  I need to schedule an afternoon at some point to smoke mine...

Kid Montana said:
Can't wait to see the pictures.  How long do you recommend sitting on it?  I need to schedule an afternoon at some point to smoke mine...
From what I picked up on the cigar, I'd give it a few years to sit on. Not more than 5 years should do it. Luckily I have the CFCF 2013 Opus Fun box
and this was the best number to date. Its box #9 so I will be sitting on them for awhile. Only because their doesn't seem to be a common Opus X in it.
I was able to secure a extra one to fire up. Thus the review. I will try to get the pictures up later tonight. I had some unexpected things come up over
the weekend. Plus the internet was down for nearly 11 hours which threw a monkey wrench into my plans.

Hey Loren how have you been? Look forward to reviews and pics.

tone-ny said:
Hey Loren how have you been? Look forward to reviews and pics.
Well I'm still alive and traveling the world. I've been to Prague, Czech Republic, Hoorn and Amsterdam, Netherlands. I'm gearing up for August 31st trip back to Amsterdam. I'm planning on seeing The Hague, Hoorn and Den Helder if all goes according to plan. Then a trip to Athens, Greece Feb/Mar 2015. You?

I'm uploading the Opus X Big B pictures right now and will be done shortly. Photos are up in the review p.6 and a link to all the photos of the Opus X Big B via Photobucket.

That's good to hear, look forward to the pics. Saw the review for the Macanudo!

tone-ny said:
That's good to hear, look forward to the pics. Saw the review for the Macanudo!

I have the Big B pictures on page 6 and only had a few for the Macanudo. Both yummy cigars.

Well that BigB is, well, it's big. Damn that's a fat Opie. Looks like it was an enjoyable smoke overall. Love the pics, especially the light up. Next time your around KC we'll grab a smoke, as always :thumbs:

OpusXKC said:
Well that BigB is, well, it's big. Damn that's a fat Opie. Looks like it was an enjoyable smoke overall. Love the pics, especially the light up. Next time your around KC we'll grab a smoke, as always :thumbs:

You know we will and maybe have to play Sniper Elite III. Of course I need my Hookah fix and some good food.

And for those that haven't had the Destino el Siglo Opus X line, you maybe in for a shock. I have found them to be much milder than the previous CFCF boxes. The real test will be when I fire up the LBMF since the previous years it has always been a pretty strong Opus X. I will randomly up date with reviews probably after my 42nd B-day while in Holland. Then finish the box off while in Greece next year. Late Feb/Mar 2015.

I've decided on the Opus X 2013 that will go down while in the Netherlands. I've selected 6 and here they are in no particular order of being burned. I may grab a 7th but haven't decided yet. I'll post the reviews while I am overseas.

1. Don Arturo Gran AniverXario Toro 2013 Just need to write and post photos
2. Don Arturo Gran AniverXario Churchill 2013 just need to write and post photos
3. Opus X Shark 2013
4. Opus X BBMF Natral 2013 Just need to write and post photos
5. Opus X Tauros the Bull 2013 Just need to write the review and post photos
6. Angel's Share Toro 2013

pulled the bonehead move of the year and forgot the damn Opus X. I guess I will reviews the line up after I get back home.

The CFCF 2013 Fun Box has been officially kicked off. The first victim to fall was the Opus X Shark. I just need to type of the review and upload the photos. It was a pretty tasty cigar.

I formatted the laptop and dumped Windows from it. So I'm getting a crash course in Linux and thus, the delays. I can now access the photos once they have loaded. So on to the review.

CFCF Opus X Shark 2013 Box Release #9.
20th Sept 2014 at 4:15pm to 7:30pm

I inspected the cigar for any flaws and I could only find one. It was at the cap. There was a hole in the center of it but it didn't hurt the cigar at all when I cut it. Other than that little flaw, it was visually perfect. I fired up at 4:15pm. I first inhaled some some at 4:17pm and slowly exhaled it out of my nasal passage. My first impression is that it was a lot milder than the previous Sharks. I detected no roughness nor any grassy notes like I do when I smoke a Avo cigar for example. So it would seem the tobacco was aged nicely. It didn't take long before the underlying strength to make an appearance on my palate.

Its no secret that I have been unhappy with many Opus X Sharks. Simply because of burn issues and being to mild. Of course we all know what I think is mild to me tends to be on the stronger side for others. This Shark may change my opinion if the Fuente's can keep up with this blend. In the end, I'm sure I will be  disappointed with the Sharks. The draw is fantastic and plenty of smoke off each puff. On a side not, I put in the Metallica album, And Justice for All.

The smoke reminds me of a cappachino with some light cream and some Indian Tellicherry Pepper tossed in for good measure. Finally...there is a slight indication of the old Opus X line making a grand entrance. The Raspberry notes are here at 4:23pm. It reminded me of a candied sweet raspberry. Yum yum!!!

So far the burn is hasn't been resolved. This burn issue seems mild compared to some that I have set fire to. The first correction came at 4:27pm and I also ashed the first time. I'm actually pretty impressed with the burn so far. Now at 4:30pm, the infamous raspberry taste makes a full frontal assault. Now I'm actually happy that it finally arrived. Instead of being just a slight hint. I guess I jinxed myself about the burn issue since its already back. No channels within the filler.

At 4:33pm. my impression is the hint of candied raspberries coated in some grinded up Indian Tellicherry Pepper and slightly roasted coffee beans is back. I did another correction of the burn at 4:34pm and ashed at 4:35pm. Now I am wishing I had more of the CFCF Opus X 2013 Sharks on hand. Because of the cross of the peppery notes and raspberries make this a wonderful combination for me. In short its like having a 4th of July Fireworks going off in my mouth. And for the sickos, get your mind out of the gutter. The draw is great. Plenty of smoke off each puff and finally the smoke could bring tears to a jackass in an enclosed space.

Now this is a mobile cigar review. Yes, you read that correctly. A nieghbor asked me to go fishing near the Gulf of Mexico. Not much really changed after the 4:30pm mark. Other than it got a little stronger as I got down to the nub. I took the small band at at 4:48 and took the big band off around 5:40pm. Only reason the cigar took a little longer than usual is due to getting my Veteran's Fishing and Hunting Permit for the State of Texas. I tossed the nub into the Gulf of Mexico around 7:30pm. So if you have one of these Sharks, wait to smoke it. This one was nailed out of the park.

The rest here...http://s8.photobucket.com/user/Mr_Peat/library/CFCF%20Fun%20Box%202013/Opus%20X%20Shark%202013?sort=3&page=1

Ok time for a new review. I decided to use a 6 sided dice and rolled the number of the next victim. I rolled a 6. Another Cigar in the Car Review.

CFCF Opus X Angel's Share Toro 2013 Box Release #9.

After a visual inspection, I can see no visual flaws. Smelling the cigar I had a flash back to a Pipe Tobacco I used to smoke. But alas, I can not remember the name of it. Ahh...I remember it now. The Escudo Pipe Tobacco that was the round discs within the tin. It took me a moment to remember. There was also a little undertone of sweetness. Now all this started at 5:55pm. I like to take my time looking over the cigar before I fire it up. I just cut the cap off at 6:04pm. Now that the cigar has had some time to breath, I can still get the infamous candied raspberry notes off the wrapper. Officially fired up at 6:08pm.

Oh this is going to be a fun ride if the indication from the smoke. Ummm yeah...one thing comes to mind. Flashbacks to the CFCF Opus X Princessa D 2008 and the Black Orchid in 2010. I'm not kidding when I say this...I'm afraid to inhale some smoke. Ok...not so afraid now. I just inhaled some and exhaled out the nasal passage at 6:13p. Its getting close to the first 1/2 inch smoke so the roughness has passed now. Oh there is some serious strength to this cigar. Its pretty much all I can taste at the moment.

The draw and amount of smoke is fantastic. I'm trying to pin down what I am tasting and its like eluding me. The strength is hard to miss. Sometimes a slight hint at some sweetness and then wham, the strength is like a kick in the head by a mule. Disrupts the whole process of pin pointing down what I am tasting. Time for its first ash at 6:20pm. Maybe this will help me out. Yup I've concluded that all my windows how to be down for this one.

Now I did have the subtle sweetness at 6:21pm. My poor nasal passage feels like the Highway 59 heading into Houston. I figured with it being a bigger Opus X, it would be on the mild side and that conclusion would be the death of anyone smoking this cigar on a empty stomach. I can not detect that sweet raspberry taste yet. My tongue is starting to feel like I smoked some of that Amazonia Pipe Tobacco or however it was spelled. Yes, Tony aka OpusXKC this is a reminder of it.

The dog just ashed to cigar on herself as she got into the vehicle. Dazzie....my sister's dog and yes I will include a photo of her. This took place at 6:29pm. I am glad I had the sugary dough nuts before smoke this cigar. Time to ash at 6:35pm. Again the burn is fantastic. I definitely can get a peppery taste from the cigar. Of course I have some And Justice for All playing for the background music.

Ahhh there we go. The first real hint of the raspberry quality I come to expect from my Opus X at 6:37pm. I get it after I exhale some smoke. Its like a fleeting rabbit. It comes as fast as it goes. Damn...I wonder if some of the tobacco used in the Princessa D and Black Orchid is mixed in with this cigar. I'm kinda worried about the other Angel's Share in this box. The whole back half of my tongue is tingling from the nicotine in this cigar and that is a rare thing for me to say. I guess the Angel's Share Churchill maybe one of the last cigars I smoke from this box. I'd definitely recommend ageing this beast. It would benefit from it.

Its about time for another ashing. Its now 6:47pm and ash time. Yep...you guessed it the strength is rapidly increasing like a snowball down a mountain side. The brain is a buzzing. My poor tongue has been raped by this cigar. At this point, exhaling out my nasal passage would warrant undo punishment. So the last one is done at 6:50pm. I kinda regret doing it now. I'm barely half way through with the cigar and already debating how far I can take this cigar without passing out and or tossing my lunch. One thing I do know is that this cigar would make a nice mosquito repellent.

Time to take the small band off at 6:55pm. It came off pretty easy with no damage to the wrapper. I don't know if the 84 degree F temperature with 71% humidity is causing me to sweat or the cigar. I'm guessing the latter due to its strength since I have cut down my cigar smoking by 900%. Time to ash at 6:58pm. I'm guessing I've smoke nearly 2/3 of the cigar and questioning my sanity to soldier on. If you want a strong cigar, then this BEAST is for you. Not much else going on with it. The sweetness is like a faded memory. The raspberry taste has vanished. But the strength is picking up. I will continue to add more aka edit my post as it develops.

Another ash time at 7:05pm. The burn is still great with only one slight touch up after I took the small band off. I'm about a ¼ inch from removing the big band. In which I will need to do a second slight correction of the burn. I decide to check how strong the smoke is now and its like being hit by a Mack Truck. Not a good idea at all. Age this cigar is all I can think of at this point at 7:09pm. I took the big band off at 7:10pm and it was so damn easy. Not even a tear of the wrapper.

And here comes the strength raping me once again. I did a minor burn correction at 7:12pm and I wished I could of eaten a nice New York Strip Steak before smoking this cigar. I also ashed at this time. I must soldier on and nub this beast. No bugs in the car thanks to how strong the cigar smoke is. The tip of my tongue and lips are starting to tingle like the rest of my tongue at this point aka 7:14pm.

I think this cigar should be called the Opus X Colon Cleaner at this time. I don't think is much more to say that the Fuente's blend definitely stepped it up with this cigar. I will add thrat its time to ash at 7:21pm while my head is spinning in circles and ash time. I will add the time when I nub this after I repost this. Then get the photos up tonight.

Time to nub it at 8:00pm.

All photos here.... http://s8.photobucket.com/user/Mr_Peat/library/CFCF%20Fun%20Box%202013/Opus%20X%20Angels%20Share%20Toro%202013?sort=3&page=1

Photos are up for the latest review. I will edit this post and place the newest review when I do it next.

I have a laundry list of reviews to add. By the way the Angel's Share Churchill wasn't as brutal as I thought it would be. Now the Casa Fuente Mi Casa Tu Casa laid me flat out. Yes, I already had to put the cigar down for a little bit while I let the nauseating feeling pass for like 15 minutes. I did finish it but wow it packed a punch. Not many cigars I can claim knocked me flat out like that. I

The box is finally complete. I just need to get the reviews typed up and upload the photos. I finished it off with the Opus X Big B. So I know 2 of the 500 Big B's have gone down in flames. :thumbs: