• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Opus X all that?

If you're an avid Davidoff smoker, you'll love the Opus. Also, what's the Cigar-Mafia user bar about?

I was just looking for userbars and they said cigar mafia.... I liked the pictures and how its presented, cigar mafia was just there....

If you're an avid Davidoff smoker, you'll love the Opus. Also, what's the Cigar-Mafia user bar about?

I was just looking for userbars and they said cigar mafia.... I liked the pictures and how its presented, cigar mafia was just there....

??? Well, seeing as you liked the PICTURE, which is of a Don Pepin label, try one of these guys on for size: http://www.stogietime.com/home.php?userbarbrand=Don%20Pepin

If that doesn't work out, let me know how Kevin Pappas' (the original cigar mafia man) cigars are doing. :rolleyes:

Smoke it now for sure to see if you like them, but one word of advice, if you're not used to smoking fuller bodied cigars, make sure you smoke your Opus after a meal. They have been known to knock large men to their knees!!

Of course, YMMV!

Well Im going to make it my duty to smoke this one ASAP!!

Great decision, I think that these are better new anyway. I have a few that are almost 5 years old now and they don't taste much better. They might be a small bit milder but that is it.

The Power Ranger I'm smoking now is quite good. Which brings up another point.

There is quite a wide range of variety of taste, size, and price within the Opus X line. I enjoy the smaller ones. My favorites are the #5 and Petite Lancero. I found the A boring and the DC more or less tasteless. I've never tried the maduros but I would like them because I love all maduros.

So don't decide based on one Opus X. Try a few different vitolas.

Sssshhhh!!!!!!! Don't tell him this, because he'll buy more dammit! More for the rest of us, ya gotta think on a broader level! :sign:

Sssshhhh!!!!!!! Don't tell him this, because he'll buy more dammit! More for the rest of us, ya gotta think on a broader level! :sign:
I was! It WAS a double bluff but now his interest is really piqued. :D

IMO the Opus is a special cigar. It has a very distinct flavor that isn't like any other. For me they aren't an everyday cigar, not because of the price or rarity, I just have to be in the mood for one.

While Opus are good, a Padron 26 or 64 is better! :p It's your preference my friend. I don't really care about Opus. Picked up some of the new sizes for shits and giggles, but that's all. Although, tastes change and I might find myself going bananas for an Opus one of these days...???

I just tried my first Opus for xmas, 2008 TAA stick.

I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed it! It was such a smooth and consistent smoke. Nutty with a great aroma.

I was getting more and more scared as I smoked it because I could see myself getting hooked real easy on these things and I know that is not good for your wallet.

Personally I really enjoy Opus X, but then I've been a big fan of rosado wrappers long before my first opus X. I'd smoke Opus X a lot more often if I could afford it. I like all the sizes. I think I like the larger ones the best but then cost and time available to smoke them both becomes a factor.

Having said that though I would also highly recommend the Padron Aniversario's. Anyone who really likes cigars should try these at least once. They all taste great even though I'm not always a fan of maduro's. More then that though the workmanship in these cigars really is something to be experienced and appreciated.

If you do develop a taste for strong cigars I also recommend Ashton VSG's. Some feel they are over hyped, and I agree they are not as strong as they were when first released, but I still enjoy them when I can afford them.

Don't hesitate and enjoy life really is the best advise anyone can give. I personally most enjoy cigars when with friends and unfortunately that time doesn't come along as often as I would like. When it does though I always get out my best stuff that we have time for.

Also, I would sugest trying as wide a range of cigars as possible. Don't just read about them, try them. Then you know for yourself when you read about things here or in magazines. Build your first hand knowledge of the hobby you love. If one type of cigar doesn't float your boat don't hesitate to try another similar stick that may surprise you. In short, enjoying them is much more fun then reading about them or collecting them.

Just my 2 cents worth. :)

I had an Opus X from my local B&M today and I do have to say it was an incredible smoke. I enjoyed all that it had to offer so as many others have said on this thread go ahead and try it! The only way you know if you'll like it is if you personally try it because even though the recommendations on this forum are quality and haven't proved wrong so far but it may be more appealing to your pallet than others.

I am not a huge fan of fresh Opus...I like the PLs and Robustos. I do LOVE aged ones though. I haven't had any ORs but I have had a few 10 year old ones and they were excellent cigars. I

So...how did your Opus X #5 smoke? Are you hooked?

Actually, I didn't get to smoke my Opus X. Instead I smoked an OPus Forbidden Lost City which was very good. I know its a different cigar due to the aging process and the age of the tobacco but in spite of that I really did enjoy it! Plus I smoked it on New Years night which was very fun!

I will eventually get to that Opus X when the time is right. Thanks Guys!

The last couple years of the Opus release have been different. The wrappers are not the same color and they have a completely different taste profile in my opinion. Like Alan said thought the aged ones are freaking amazing if you can get your hands on them. I was lucky enough to be gifted an OR Opus and smoked it on Xmas day. I would put that smoke in my top 5 of all time hands down.