• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Outdoor Space Heater

kann

One Leg Of Fury.
Now that I am smoking outdoors again in a chillier climate, I’m in need of an outdoor space heater. Preferably electric. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

I’ve always been a big fan of anything infrared radiant that heats objects around the heater, over forced air. Not sure what options you’ll have with electric over there though.

What he said. Infrared propagation is unaffected by wind or temperature.

Excellent, gentlemen. Thanks for the information. I'll look locally for something infrared. The only real issue with something from Amazon is that it would have to support 220v power. Again, mahalo!

tenor.gif

Attachments

• 1571244633674.png
    1571244633674.png
    31.8 KB · Views: 3
I’ve always been a big fan of anything infrared radiant that heats objects around the heater, over forced air. Not sure what options you’ll have with electric over there though.

When did they start harnessing light sabers to use for heating sources?

I am unfamiliar with this. Is this only over a short distance?

Due to the inverse square law and depending on the strength of the source, yes. However it’s the best way to heat an area that is open to drafts or the outside, which is why it’s the preferred type to use for livestock and in barns for example. That’s because of the three types of heat transfer — conduction, convection, and radiation — only radiation is not affected by wind movements and ambient temperature.

mr buddy big buddy propane heater is excellent.

1lb tanks or get a 20lb adapter and extension hose

i dont used the fan portion any longer but it's there.

i even have a small single to just take the chill off

Due to the inverse square law and depending on the strength of the source, yes. However it’s the best way to heat an area that is open to drafts or the outside, which is why it’s the preferred type to use for livestock and in barns for example. That’s because of the three types of heat transfer — conduction, convection, and radiation — only radiation is not affected by wind movements and ambient temperature.

Oh....now that you put it that way. :rolleyes:

Had breakfast outside in London this am with these guys going. Was about 44° and I was very comfortable, almost too warm. They are all 240v. All the objects in the vicinity like the silverware, tables, and chairs were warm when we sat down.

Had breakfast outside in London this am with these guys going. Was about 44° and I was very comfortable, almost too warm. They are all 240v. All the objects in the vicinity like the silverware, tables, and chairs were warm when we sat down.

View attachment 28057

Looks like those things have their own power grid! I'm sure one or two would do the trick here.

Hey, you are only two hours away from me at the moment. Hop on over! I'd offer a spare room (which we have), but we don't have any furniture in it, yet... :p

Hi all! Stumbling across this post really got me thinking - how people smoke when standing on their front porch. Someone standing with a cup of coffee, watching people pass by. Another smokes quickly, all the while reading something on his phone, as if it were the truth of this world. Some take to smoking on chairs in the shade of the porch, enjoying every puff. I saw such a picture in Phoenix. A woman in a tank top and no bra was sitting smoking cigarette after cigarette, swaying in such a chair. To be honest, it made me dread the idea of setting up my porches that way. So I'll attach here a site where you can explore this too - https://trimthatweed.com/best-outdoor-sectional/. Good luck to you!

Last edited:
Fernando, I'm sad to say Nick is no longer with us. He froze to death waiting on a common sense suggestion to his problem. I truly wish you were around in 2019 when he was in need. Thanks for the advise though. I know a fella named Hayden who has to smoke outside, so maybe he'll be able to find a heating unit at his local hardware store.

Enjoy the day and welcome to CP.

Floyd T

Fernando, I'm sad to say Nick is no longer with us. He froze to death waiting on a common sense suggestion to his problem. I truly wish you were around in 2019 when he was in need. Thanks for the advise though. I know a fella named Hayden who has to smoke outside, so maybe he'll be able to find a heating unit at his local hardware store.

Floyd T
RIP1xtkr8.jpg

Floyd T
I’m not old enough to understand what a “classic heater” would look like. Only a modern heater… Instructions unclear. Please specify. Getting cold 🥶