• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Outlaw Padron Event May 16

I would hope that, considering the size of our group, they'll be ok with us smoking.

Is Jack Stack really so friggin good?

Yes!
YES YES YES...it is REALLY that good. The beans alone are the reason to go. Hell, I live here and think it's that good, and I can eat it anytime I want. You have to eat there at least one time. Besides it is a very short jaunt from the Outlaw, so we can eat and be right back to smoking in no time.

We made Tony get his ass out of bed on Sunday morning to meet us there for a second meal last year. I am very jealous of everyone that gets to go.

We made Tony get his ass out of bed on Sunday morning to meet us there for a second meal last year. I am very jealous of everyone that gets to go.

Neener neener neener!!! :p JK Phil... :love:

Well boys it looks as if Yeahthatsme is going to bight the bullet and room with me for this event.

I promis to be easy on the young man.

Besides the obvious (cigars, cutter, lighter) is there anything that I might like to have at this all day event with me? Anything that those who have attended other events wish you had with and are bringing this time?

Bring a chair for out side weather permitting.

I am going to bring a couple

I've been in contact with Case Dorman, the president of the company. All he asked was what time we were going to be there, I told him 5:00-5:30, so we will see what he says. I'm not hopefull, but its always worth trying.

O'Dowds has a great rooftop patio where we can smoke our brains out, there is a location about 6 minutes from Outlaw in Zona Rosa, so thats always a possibility.

And to top it all, I'm working Friday night and probably won't be able to come at all. But I'll keep at this until I know for sure the verdict.

Besides the obvious (cigars, cutter, lighter) is there anything that I might like to have at this all day event with me? Anything that those who have attended other events wish you had with and are bringing this time?

From the two events I've been to there really wasn't anything I needed. With all of the other stores around the Outlaw you're pretty well covered for any incidental needs. A lawn chair like Jay said isn't a bad idea, especially for at the hotel or something.

Lawn chair was one thing that occurred to me. However since I'll be on the bike that's not an easy thing to pack. Does anyone that's driving have an extra they could bring?

Otherwise I'll have to hit the local walmart and pick one up then donate it to the Outlaw or something.

I hope it works out we can smoke during dinner on the patio, I've got a little surprise in store. :whistling:

Lawn chair was one thing that occurred to me. However since I'll be on the bike that's not an easy thing to pack. Does anyone that's driving have an extra they could bring?

Otherwise I'll have to hit the local walmart and pick one up then donate it to the Outlaw or something.

I hope it works out we can smoke during dinner on the patio, I've got a little surprise in store. :whistling:
I should have THREE chairs total with me

There's not even smoking outside on the patio, for a large party the size of ours?

They allow cigarettes on the patio, but no cigars or pipes.

I say we just set our group up on the patio and start puffing away. See if they'll ask us to leave.

If they allow cigarettes out there but no cigars, then they are simply discriminating against cigar smokers and it's not a matter of legality. That's dumb.

I certainly won't stop anyone from doing what they think is right, and fair, just please keep in mind that all of this is set up under my name, and they have my contact information. ???

I contacted them today. I was told that there is No smoking at all on the public patio. They have a private patio, but it is being used on Friday. I would say that there isn't much chance of being able to smoke at Jackstack.

Gonz -- I can bring an extra chair for you to use.

I spoke with Brent about getting us all together for breakfast before the event on Saturday... is there any interest in that? There is an IHOP right next to Outlaw.

I spoke with Brent about getting us all together for breakfast before the event on Saturday... is there any interest in that? There is an IHOP right next to Outlaw.

Should be no problem, I really was not looking to sleep until Saturday night. :thumbs:

Can we smoke in the IHOP? :laugh:

Bummer about JackStack, I guess we'll just have to make the best of it!

Guys,

I have correspondence from the Pres. of the company, the private dining patio will tentatively be available to us from 5:00-6:30 for cigar smoking, but the smokes need to be out by 6:30 for another commitment that is already booked there.

BE THERE by 5:00, let them know you are with the Cigar Pass party, and we should be golden. I'll post more info tomorrow as I get it, but so far this is current intel.

I'll tell you this, our server better get at least a 25% tip overall. Our group will make a servers whole night, or we won't be doing this next year, got it?

More info to be posted on Thursday.

Andrew

Well boys it looks as if Yeahthatsme is going to bight the bullet and room with me for this event.

It's time for the young fella to take the next step anyway. :laugh:

It's time for the young fella to take the next step anyway. :laugh:

Oh geeze.

Guys,

I have correspondence from the Pres. of the company, the private dining patio will tentatively be available to us from 5:00-6:30 for cigar smoking, but the smokes need to be out by 6:30 for another commitment that is already booked there.

BE THERE by 5:00, let them know you are with the Cigar Pass party, and we should be golden. I'll post more info tomorrow as I get it, but so far this is current intel.

I'll tell you this, our server better get at least a 25% tip overall. Our group will make a servers whole night, or we won't be doing this next year, got it?

More info to be posted on Thursday.

Andrew

Yikes, an hour and a half isn't a long time for smoking AND eating. With that sort of limitation I think I'd rather go with the smoke free patio and then head back to the Outlaw.

This isn't the kind of place that takes 45 minutes to get you your food. BBQ orders take less than 20 minutes at the absolute worst. I worked there for two years, trust me on this one. I hope this works out for you guys, I promise not to let up until I know exactly what the sitrep is.