• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

PADILLA SIGNATURE 1932

Great to see that people love this cigar. I sure do. Right now, only the Toros are released to the public in boxes. The Robustos I got came in a bundle which, apparently are no longer available. They were also released in a leather Humidor that included Robustos, Toros & Torpedoes (ya, I got one of those too. :D ). I have seen the prices on the Toros range from $209 to $312. This whole line is supposed to be limited but I have no Idea how limited.

I can't wait to see how these cigars do as they age. Stock Up!! They will be hard to let rest.

Here is a pic of the leather Humidor:

DSC01410.jpg

Great to see that people love this cigar. I sure do. Right now, only the Toros are released to the public in boxes. The Robustos I got came in a bundle which, apparently are no longer available. They were also released in a leather Humidor that included Robustos, Toros & Torpedoes (ya, I got one of those too. :D ). I have seen the prices on the Toros range from $209 to $312. This whole line is supposed to be limited but I have no Idea how limited.

I can't wait to see how these cigars do as they age. Stock Up!! They will be hard to let rest.

Here is a pic of the leather Humidor:

DSC01410.jpg

Christ. The next time im in Alan's neighborhood, I would pay an admission fee just to experience his humidor. Something tells me it better than Holts.
I don't know how he does it but he always gets the tip on where to get primo cigars. Thanks for always making me drool. :blush:

I had planned on smoking this beauty last night in Harrisburg, but we were talking, eating and having such a good time, I figured it wouldn't be fair to review this baby and not be able to pay attention to it. So this afternoon, with the snow falling, and a good hockey game on the widescreen, I cut it with my new Palio cutter, and lit it with my new Blazer that I got from Mark over at Cigarmony.com (shameless plug :cool: )

When I opened the bag Alan sent, I was bombarded with a wonderful smell, and I knew that this was going to be a special smoke. As I stated in an earlier post, this is the first cigar box purchase that I made based on smell!

DSC_0260.jpg

Like Wilkey, mine was a little tight on the draw after the initial cut. But the draw opened up after the first inch. The construction was perfect, and had a nice firm feel the entire length of the cigar. It had a slight pepper/spice/light leather, but extremely pleasant taste on my palette, that mellowed out toward the half-way point. I found it to be, at first a more medium bodied cigar, with lots of bluish smoke. The wife found the smell to be pleasant too, which is a good thing. :whistling:

DSC_0261.jpg

The burn stayed pretty even all the way down, with only one minor touch up required.

DSC_0262.jpg

DSC_0264.jpg

The first ash dropped off at about the 2" mark, it was tight with slight flaking. The taste was nice and smooth. I was relaxed (even though my Caps lost) and had a nice afternoon smoking and watching the snow come down.

Needless to say that I nubbed this puppy, I would have taken it down further, but it started getting hot, and I got lip tingle. This was an awesome smoke, and it ended up being more full bodied toward the end, without being harsh, which is a wonderful thing!! I'm glad I got a box, now I'll have to get some more soon. I can't wait to see what 6 to 12 months will do to these. I can see them getting better and maybe a little more complex with some age.

Alan, thank you so much for sending and introducing me to these, you are a stand up BOTL!! Two thumbs up to you!! :thumbs:

Anthony, you're up! :laugh:

Glad to hear you liked it, Dan. Like I said before, this is a great freakin' cigar!

Wilkey

I used the "find a lower price?" link on Famous, and input the info from Cigarplace.biz. We'll see if Famous drops their price from a whopping $312.50.

Had the opportunity to smoke the cigar gifted by Alan. Well being the slacker that I am, I like Wilkey have many cigars to smoke and review. So I am the last to review. Making the trip back from NYC, I stopped in at Don Francisco's in East Brunswick, NJ. Very nice cigar shop with a roller on site and a very large lounge in the back.

The Padilla 1932 robusto was a very well constructed cigar with a light veining of the wrapper. The wrapper reminds me slightly of an Opus wrapper’s color. The draw was a little tight but the pre-light tasting was of spiciness waiting to come out. The tasting was as other having stated with spiciness yet refinement at the same time. This cigar had a boldness that reminded me of a power ranger, a strong nose, yet the refinement of a Davidoff Millennium. It will be interesting to see how these cigars age as I can only imagine them getting better. Now for the hard part, finding them at a reasonable price!

Alan, again thank you for the chance to smoke this cigar. :thumbs:

Pepin is as hot as you can get in this industry and well deserved, IMO. I just tried his Rey Miguel line - another unbelievably tasty smoke. The Padilla Cuban Blend was a great, more affordable blend I wouldn't mind in the rotation. And, of course, the Tatuajes are taking the cigar world by storm!

Thanks for reviewing this cigar and the wonderful Pics!

Steve

How do these compare to the Miami 8/11 line? What are the differences? If I like earthy, nutty, cream, spice flavors, which Padilla would you recommend if any?

How do these compare to the Miami 8/11 line? What are the differences? If I like earthy, nutty, cream, spice flavors, which Padilla would you recommend if any?

CigaryGuy, PM me your addy.

Nice reviews Dan and Tony.

I actually smoked one of these at the Harrisburg HERF that was gifted to me by Mr_Wolf. (Thanks again Dan) At the time he gave it to me, it was the first I'd seen or heard of them.

It was a very tasty smoke, lots of flavor without the harshness that many smokes deliver. I've actually been looking for a box of these since then without much luck. Got a couple more place to check before I give up.

Dave, any word from Famous Smokes?

Ok, no word from Famous, and seeing as how they are still offering these at full MSRP of $312.50 tells me that they are not budging on the price.

I smoked a torpedo supplied to me from a very intellectual BOTL who just had a brand new baby girl. This is one strong cigar, but so full of flavor and carries that familiar Pepin taste. The construction quality is a bit lacking considering there were many stems located at the head. This does not take away from the flavor though. Solid construction, firm draw, stiff ash, and consistent smooth creamy flavor.

These are one of the few cigars imo that are worth its high end price tag. As the intellectual stated, this cigar does blow away a lot of the other high end premiums such as Opus X, maybe Padrons and definitely way better than the Miami 8/11; although, in my opinion, the Anejo and 1926/64 are still very comparable despite being totally different beasts. The smell alone is very inviting.

Serious Cigars has some decent prices on 25 count boxes of the various vitolas. Which leads me to ask, when did this happen? I thought the toro was the only 25 count box available for retail outlets at the moment.