• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padrón Millennium madness

moki

el Presidente
Car payments? Who needs car payments! I managed to find someone who was selling a pristine, complete, serially numbered Padrón Millennium humidor filled with 100 Padrón Millennium Maduro cigars. According to Padrón:

http://www.padron.com/cigar_millennium.php

...the cigars are 52x6, and are all made with tobacco that has been aged for 5 years before it was rolled into cigar form. Since they were made in 1999, that means they've aged a further 4 years or so in 70/70 optimal conditions.

From what I've been told, these cigars are similar to the Padrón 1964's, but significantly stronger in taste -- that they've had a few years to age in the humidor has probably mellowed them out a tad. The humidor is number 983/1000 and the cigars are numbered 98201-98300.

So how do they taste? I've no idea. I filled up the Credo with distilled water, and have just been letting them sit. The smell is wonderful, though. These cigars have definitely been well taken care of. The box is a pretty damn cool humidor, too, with 5 removable cedar trays, and a nice finish.

Here are some other people's opinions of the cigars:

http://www.top25cigar.com/reviewdatabase/p...yes&catpkID=421

http://www.top25cigar.com/a_apps/ANM/anmviewer.asp?a=39&z=12

It's almost a shame to break the complete set, but cigars are meant to be smoked! I'm going to try my first one tomorrow. :) I'll post a review, of course. Anyway, without further ado:

padron_millennium_humi1.jpg

padron_millennium_humi2.jpg

padron_millennium_humi3.jpg

padron_millennium_humi4.jpg

padron_millennium_humi5.jpg

Nice!!!

I look forward to your review (says Monkey who smokes vicariously through Moki)

MilesMingusMonk said:
Well Moki, let me know if you might wanna part with 1 of those fine sticks!
I don't mind that. My main fear is having to send out dozens of little packages. I may actually organize a Padrón Millennium hand-off pass or something. Sign up a dozen people I'm familiar with (nothing personal, just rather do it with people I've had interactions with), ship off a box with 25 cigars in it, and see what comes back.

Obviously, the exchange should be primo smokes, and people shouldn't take more than two each. I'm thinking of calling it a "hand-off pass" because really, I think everyone would be *taking* the Padrón Millenniums and putting two other primo sticks back.

moki said:
MilesMingusMonk said:
Well Moki, let me know if you might wanna part with 1 of those fine sticks!
I don't mind that. My main fear is having to send out dozens of little packages. I may actually organize a Padrón Millennium hand-off pass or something. Sign up a dozen people I'm familiar with (nothing personal, just rather do it with people I've had interactions with), ship off a box with 25 cigars in it, and see what comes back.

Obviously, the exchange should be primo smokes, and people shouldn't take more than two each. I'm thinking of calling it a "hand-off pass" because really, I think everyone would be *taking* the Padrón Millenniums and putting two other primo sticks back.
Hmmm, not a mooch attempt mind you....

Let me know if you are interested in a purchase/trade for a single. Maybe a good bottle of Sonoma Zin or Napa Cab if you are a lover of the grape ,as well as a BOTL. As LucasBuck mentioned in another thread, I don't have anything quite as exclusive in my humi to trade you stick for stick(s). The best California vineyards, on the other hand, are at my back door!

Just a thought.

smiley-faces7.gif
smiley-faces7.gif
smiley-faces7.gif
Congratulations Moki, you have become the King of Padron!
encore.gif

A rare and excellent find!
WooHoo.gif

How DID you manage such a feat??? Inquiring minds and all....... :)

Bat_Chief said:
How DID you manage such a feat??? Inquiring minds and all....... :)
It involves rubber gloves, ether, a pair of pliers, and a silk teddy.

Don't ask.

moki said:

Don't ask.

Ooooo....I won't ask, Lemme guess: You found out about some near-sited sugar daddy with his own walk-in humidor hogging the PMM's to himself, got all prettied up in your best teddy
smiley-faces-37.gif
, seduced him, knocked him out with the ether, broke into the humidor with the pliers and ran like a ban-shee! Way to take one for the team, brother!! :thumbs:

PS: Gonna post those picks of you in the teddy?? :lookup: :lookup:

Bat_Chief said:
moki said:

Don't ask.

Ooooo....I won't ask, Lemme guess: You found out about some near-sited sugar daddy with his own walk-in humidor hogging the PMM's to himself, got all prettied up in your best teddy
smiley-faces-37.gif
, seduced him, knocked him out with the ether, broke into the humidor with the pliers and ran like a ban-shee! Way to take one for the team, brother!! :thumbs:

PS: Gonna post those picks of you in the teddy?? :lookup: :lookup:
Wow... it's like you're... psychic!

What are the differences between the Padron 1926 and the Millenium? Is it just how long each line is aged for?

Scott1966 said:
What are the differences between the Padron 1926 and the Millenium? Is it just how long each line is aged for?
From what I understand, both are 5 years -- but the blend is quite different (the Millennium's are stronger).

To celebrate the Millennium, the Padrón family created the limited edition “ Millennium 1964 Series”. Production was limited to 1,000 cases of 100 cigars each. The cigar, with dimensions of 52 x 6, is made with tobacco that has been aged for five years. All tobacco used for this single release was hand selected specifically for this limited production. Our goal was to blend a more full-bodied flavor while not compromising the balance that cigar connoisseurs have come to expect from our products.

The Millennium cases contain five solid cedar trays that accommodate 20 cigars each. Each cigar as well as each case is individually and sequentially numbered. To make this possible, new bands containing Jose O. Padrón’s signature were designed to accommodate the individual serial numbering of each cigar. Each case also features two solid brass plaques on the exterior lid. The first, appearing on the center of the lid, contains the 1964 Anniversary Series logo. The second, located on the bottom right corner of the lid, contains the following information:

Millennium
1964 Series
Limited Edition
Box No. 1/ 1,000
Cigars No. 000001-000100

Cases bearing numbers representing important family dates have been reserved and will be released on a limited basis in the future.

Scott1966 said:
How many were made of the 1926 and the Millenium?
well, it says that they made 1,000 boxes of 100 cigars each, so that's 100,000 cigars. They halted production on them 4 years ago or thereabouts, so that's it. 100,000 total. They were only sold in the humidor, 100 cigars at a time. No boxes, samples, or individual cigars. That's one of the reasons they are so hard to come by.

As for the 1926's, they are making 40,000 of them a year. They were introduced in 2002, so there are probably a bit over 100,000 of 'em out there now, with more on the way.