• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padron 1926 Serie #9 Natural

Eventhorizon

Well, this is a poor man's review as I'm writing from memory and therefore have no pics to post.  Apologies but I wanted to contribute at least something to this site...

The Scene: Sitting on the top floor of a cigar bar in Montreal on Crescent St in the late stages of a sunny afternoon is not the worst thing in the world.  Looking at a double measure of Nadurra and an unlit '26 #9 Natural is even less of a calamity. If I mention the waitress, or my cigar hostess, you'll think I'm making this up...  

The smell: lovely. It's a real refined yet masculine smell. A concert of tobacco, earth and musk with some cloves in there for good measure. It's how Chuck Norris would smell if he ever sweated...

The construction: I've seldom held a cigar better made than a Padron. My '26 #2s I'm sure are clones of each other given their consistency and this #9 was perfectly made. No soft spots, no loose ends, just a great box pressed cigar looking at me and saying, "well, I'm not going to smoke myself..."

The light: I bought this at Vaso Cigar Store for an eye wateringly expensive price - but don't worry, I expensed it as I was in Montreal for business. Vaso must know what they are doing because this cigar lit beautifully. I had to use matches and it didn't take more than one to get a great burn going.  I was admired by all in the establishment and the men wanted to be me while the women wanted to be with me...  again, this is by memory and that's how I remember it...

The draw and first third: Again, my compliments to Vaso and Padron - great storage meant the best Padron taste profile I've had.  A nice spice with creamy, thick flavors of aged, mellow tobacco, some coffee and cream.  The smoke was copious, swirly and made me look like I was the guy who James Bond wanted to be when he was young... The Nadurra was a treat and I had to laugh out loud as I received a text from work asking me why I wasn't responding to emails... I settled in for what I knew was going to be a good hour spent nursing my Scotch and smoking my cigar.

The middle: Well, I was a happy camper. The flavour profile became more mellow in that the spice had largely dissipated and been replaced with more coffee and earthy tones.  Nothing pronounced, nothing strong, but this cigar for me had good strength in that I was feeling it and I liked what I was feeling. I think the Nadurra is a perfect match with this cigar.  The ash I think held on longer than I could and for no fault of the cigar I broke off the ash. It held firm and I'm pretty sure would have provided better foundation material than half the buildings raised in South Korea during the '90s...  With the ash broken off I saw a perfect small cone in the middle of the cigar. Often on Cubans this cone would be to one side but always with Padrons it's in the middle.  Gotta love attention to detail...

The last third: This cigar lived a long full life and I showed my respects by smoking it down to the nubiest of nubs. Here's what I'm thinking about Padrons.... between Naturals and Maduros you get a different taste profile at the start, but from what I've smoked Padron's promise to me is a steady, predictable and perfect mellow smoke with a solid nicotine buzz for your troubles.  I don't get a different taste from this #9 that's too far removed from my #2 but, I think the dimensions of the #9 make for a superior experience. The last third of this cigar was like the last 30 pages of a good story.  You don't want it to end, but, you can't stop reading... the delicious dilemma of a good experience!

A cigar is an investment of much more than money. It's an investment of time and the thoughts and memories invoked during that time are the return on that investment. This cigar brought good thoughts, good feelings of contentment and the smugness that comes with realizing that, through no skill of my own, I had made an excellent decision on buying this cigar.  The memories were great - my sons, my wife and that time I saved the world from that fat German chap who had a precious metal fetish... now, where on earth is Ms Galore...?

Great review I really enjoyed reading it! You have great writing skills and look forward to more reviews.

Paul

Thanks for the review. I thoroughly enjoy this particular vitola as well.

Thanks for the review. I have enjoyed all the 1926 natural cigars I have had up until this point. I had a #2 on Wednesday night. They are truly amazing and my favorite smoke up to this point.

Fantastic review! I've yet to smoke a '26, but when I do I'll laugh as ill probably be thinking of Chuck Norris!

Slick300 said:
Fantastic review! I've yet to smoke a '26, but when I do I'll laugh as ill probably be thinking of Chuck Norris!
Do you like padrons?

Vivid review!  I felt like I was there smoking one with you!

Your prose reminds me of how we pilots tell stories at the bar-- only 10% of it has to be verifiably true, the rest subject to creative recall. 

Padrons are 100% fantastic, however.  Enjoyable review of a great smoke.  I often feel the natural 1926 Serie and the 1964 Anniversaries don't often get enough love. 

I do Kx. I don't feel like there's a bad one in the bunch really. 4000 and 6000 maduros are fantastic and the couple of '64s I've have have been fantastic.

Gentlemen, I'm very pleased and grateful for the warm reception my review's received. I hope to push the envelope further later today when I have my first Padron '64 Torpedo Maduro. If the wife's not looking, I may even sneak in a Camacho as well just to over-achieve...

It's funny that my review should be likened to a pilot's bar-tale, my uncle was a pilot and I think I learnt my style of recounting only 100% of the truth (ahem) from him...

Good times...

fjldo said:
Vivid review!  I felt like I was there smoking one with you!

As an aspiring author, I couldn't ask for a better response! Many thanks and I hope it was as good for you as it was for me...