• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padron 1926

kona1000

Buy Bitcoin
Taking a couple Padron 1926 down to Key West for Fantacy fest and I'm wondering if anyone has some ideas on a liquid to bring out the awesomness of the cigar.

Thanks
Dave :p

Water! Enjoy one of the finest cigars ever made without screwing up your taste buds.

Doc.

It's awesome enough on its own, but I can understand wanting to enhance its flavor with an accompanying drink pairing. You gonna fire up naturals or maduros? Makes for a big difference in taste.

I never smoke anything when I review so the same will hold true in reverse.

I'm with Doc! I usually drink water with any cigar for the most part.

I have had a few 1926 Maduro's that I've enjoyed while drinking a nice hot cup of black Doi Channg coffee. Seems to go nicely together.

For me cigars always pair well with a nice rum. Ron Zacapa comes to mind, or even Pyrat XO if you are going for something more floraly and citrusy...

I recall Jim (Swissy) enjoyed a refreshing salmon flavored soda with a cigar. Not sure where to get your hands on that though.

Try pairing it with a nice dark roast coffee. The flavors of the two compliment each other very well.

Honestly. Go find yourself a bottle of Fernet-Branca and a bottle of Coca-a-Cola. Take a tall glass, fill it with ice, pour 1/10th with Fernet and the rest with coke.

It will blow your mind.

I am going to have to join the "water" camp here. Really nothing better, imho.

Soda just leaves a nasty film in your mouth, which makes you want to drink more.

Alcohol just seems to compete with the flavors too much.

I just don't find water palate-cleansing or throat-coating enough for me with a cigar. With that particular cigar, I'd suggest a cappucino or an aged rum . . . Don Pampero Anniversario is an underrated one that's wonderful with cigars; not nearly as sweet as Zaya or Zacapa.

~Boar

Back