• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padron 44th's are coming...

klipsch

No more Room ≠ No more Cigars
Just got word yesterday that 44th's (not a typo) are being released? Two boxes of maduros are en-route to a local B&M? ???

I smoked one of the 44th naturals a week or so ago and it was excellent. With Padron I typically prefer the maduro over the natural but this one really hit the spot. The maduro wrapper may cut into some of the subtlety of the 44th but I am sure it will be excellent in its own regard!

I haven't heard that.....but I'll look into it, Walt. Thanks for the heads up.

If these are the "family reserve" without the "no. 45" band and the autographed box, my b&m has had them for a while. Unfortunately, they are $45 a stick. I did want to know if they were the exact same as the event handouts.

Though apparently in limited supply, these have been available commercially for at least a month now.... maybe two.

If these are the "family reserve" without the "no. 45" band and the autographed box, my b&m has had them for a while. Unfortunately, they are $45 a stick. I did want to know if they were the exact same as the event handouts.
The statement that was made regarding a conversation with Padron led me to believe that these are one in the same. I have no desire to pay $45 a stick for anything anymore though. I have yet to receive sexual bliss from any cigar in that price range to date...

Though apparently in limited supply, these have been available commercially for at least a month now.... maybe two.

Correct, they have been out in very limited quantities for about 2 months now...

The 44th come in Natural and maduro, but Maduro are almost impossible to find...

These are the same blend that used to be handed out at events (and had only the one band on them)...

MSRP is about $38 or so, and they are excellent :)

~brooks

The statement that was made regarding a conversation with Padron led me to believe that these are one in the same. I have no desire to pay $45 a stick for anything anymore though. I have yet to receive sexual bliss from any cigar in that price range to date...

I'm going to learn to stop drinking liquids while reading anything from CP. *cleaning off screen*

Correct, they have been out in very limited quantities for about 2 months now...

The 44th come in Natural and maduro, but Maduro are almost impossible to find...

These are the same blend that used to be handed out at events (and had only the one band on them)...

~brooks
I've smoked 3 of the original 44's (and have 3 more resting :whistling: ) and have a box of the new 45's as well. In my opinion they are definitely not the same blend. It might be the same concept - a run of cigars made from aged tobacco that Padron had resting that was too small to make a full production run with - but the cigars have significantly different taste profiles. The 44's had a deep currant and stewed fruit character along with rich tobacco flavor from an inch in all the way to the nub. The 45's lean a lot more toward a typical high end Padron (maybe 64's rather than 26's?) with only hints of the wonderful sweetness the 44's provided and those hints didn't begin to surface until nearly halfway in.

To clarify, I think the 45's are quite good but I was disappointed when comparing them to the original 44's. I've spoken with several other folks that got 44's at the same time I did (down at the Outlaw event 2 years ago) and sadly they agree with this assessment.

As always, YMMV.

- Tim

I have no desire to pay $45 a stick for anything anymore though. I have yet to receive sexual bliss from any cigar in that price range to date...

Smoke a 44. I saw multiple O-faces from the guys I saw smoking them 2 years ago. I love every single inch of the one I smoked. It was almost as good as a Millenium.

Thanks for the heads up, I will have to keep an eye out for some Maduro's.

~brooks
I've smoked 3 of the original 44's (and have 3 more resting :whistling: ) and have a box of the new 45's as well. In my opinion they are definitely not the same blend. It might be the same concept - a run of cigars made from aged tobacco that Padron had resting that was too small to make a full production run with - but the cigars have significantly different taste profiles. The 44's had a deep currant and stewed fruit character along with rich tobacco flavor from an inch in all the way to the nub. The 45's lean a lot more toward a typical high end Padron (maybe 64's rather than 26's?) with only hints of the wonderful sweetness the 44's provided and those hints didn't begin to surface until nearly halfway in.

To clarify, I think the 45's are quite good but I was disappointed when comparing them to the original 44's. I've spoken with several other folks that got 44's at the same time I did (down at the Outlaw event 2 years ago) and sadly they agree with this assessment.

As always, YMMV.

- Tim

Sorry, what I meant was that the new 44ths are the same blend as the 44ths that the Padron Family handed out at events...they were all rolled at the same time (according to my conversation with Jorge Padron)...

The 45th is a different blend from the 44th....

Hope that clarifies!

~brooks

~brooks

As always, YMMV.

- Tim

Hey, you shouldn't post a comment without an intro! :angry: Just ask Ketch! :p :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign:

I love every single inch of the one I smoked. It was almost as good as a Millenium.

I hate you. And the fact that you have smoked a Millennium AND a Padron 44. ES&DIAF. :angry:

I have no desire to pay $45 a stick for anything anymore though. I have yet to receive sexual bliss from any cigar in that price range to date...

Smoke a 44. I saw multiple O-faces from the guys I saw smoking them 2 years ago. I love every single inch of the one I smoked. It was almost as good as a Millenium.

You know, the market will throw more money than this at Fuente HTFs, and this is arguably a better cigar (or at least as good).

So, that's a different way of looking at it. Padron doesn't really play the Fuente/Tatuaje marketing game, and if you ever have a chance to meet the family and chat with them, then you'll really get it.

~brooks

As always, YMMV.

- Tim

Hey, you shouldn't post a comment without an intro! :angry: Just ask Ketch! :p :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign:

/aims sharp b!tchslap at Joe's head

- Tim

~brooks

As always, YMMV.

- Tim

/aims sharp b!tchslap at Joe's head

- Tim

Hehehehehe...see you Thursday!

44th Maddies arrived yesterday. I got to open the box myself. About the same price as an 80th. :thumbs: