• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padron 64 is...boring

Reading this thread makes me want to light up a 1926 #2 maduro.  Yum...

2K6TBSS said:

I'm curious how old the stick was?  Fresh from the B&M, or aged for a while....??

Couldn't say, it was a gift from NorcalMark (thanks once again Mark), it was only in my humidor for a week or two. It did taste like straight up tobacco, not a bad cigar just wasn't exciting to me. 

If it was from Mark, then you know it was properly stored and cared for.  As for age, maybe shoot him a PM (or a call) and see if he knows.

Agreed.  Mark knows how to care for a stick.  I have found that Padron's that are humi aged for long periods of time (more than 5-6 years) tend to get a little over mild....IMHO.

This thread got me thinking that I hadn't had a '64 in a while so on my last day in Orlando, which happened to be my daughter's 13th birthday, I decided to start the day off with one.

263d8d08-c1bf-441c-b346-0fbc4896abbf.jpg

I procured this at a local liquor store's walk-in so I'm not sure how old it is, but it burned perfectly so they get a good score on storage.  I'm immediatley rewarded by that signature Padron fragrance and taste.  I don't know how to describe it, but it is unique to Padron and is unmistakable.  I coupled this with a cup of 7-11 coffee, which actually wasn't too bad.  It was at least better than Disney's in-room coffee.

FirstInch.jpg

Just as I remembered, I got the same wonderful taste throughout the cigar.  The black coffee as suggested is a wonderful pairing with this cigar.  Taking long, slow drags on this cigar rewards me with the rich tobacco flavor and loads of fragrant smoke.  The Boy (c) even commented that "it doesn't stink". 

Finished.jpg

The smoke was done just about the same time that my coffee was getting cold, which was just about an hour and a quarter.  Perfect timing!  Thanks to the OP for getting curious about an old favorite like this, definitely a wonderful way to start a wonderful day.

By the looks of it, that was a PAN Principe... w/ morning coffee.  Outstanding.  That's the breakfast of champions, Clint.

I like them, but then again I'm boring too so maybe a perfect match.

Damn Clint.  Were you hungry as well?  It looks like you ate the cap off the end.

I'm with you Clint, great cigar to me.  I smoke a lot of them.  The spice taste and aroma are wonderful.  I can believe he may have smoked a dud, but to think of a 1964 as boring?????  I can't see it. :whistling:

MrAnderson41 said:
Damn Clint.  Were you hungry as well?  It looks like you ate the cap off the end.

Ha!  I didn't bring my cutter with me so I had to saturate the cap and the score it with a fingernail to lift the cap.  Not the prettiest cut I've ever made, but it worked.

If I was looking for excitement, I'd find me a high maintenance red-head with a drinking problem.

Doc

And that ladies and gentlemen is why I love it when I see Doc has commented on a topic I'm following.

Devil Doc said:
If I was looking for excitement, I'd find me a high maintenance red-head with a drinking problem.

Doc
ROFL, this is internet gold.

NorcalMark said:
Most if not all the padron I sell have very little time on them.
Stick was great quality, well kept, lit easy after being toasted, had zero issues. May have to try another,my palate might be weak.

Devil Doc said:

Doc
Hahahaha maybe I need one of those instead.

looking for knowledge said:

That's where I'm at.
That, and I don't always have time to play with possible duds these days. Sometimes you just have to go with what you know as the most consistent cigar that won't let you down.

jfields said:

That's where I'm at.
That, and I don't always have time to play with possible duds these days. Sometimes you just have to go with what you know as the most consistent cigar that won't let you down.

I'm very much to that point anymore.  My cigar budget becomes more limited all the time, so I'm content to spend money on what I know is good and that I like as opposed to always trying the newest releases.