• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padron Cigars - amazing smokes

The few Londres I've smoked have not met the description that those guys gave at all. They were straightforward Padron cigars. They tasted like tobacco and weren't harsh at all. There was no "ashy" finish at all.

They do tend to burn a little hot if you rush them, but that's the same as just about any other cigar of that size. There's a certain No. 3 (almost exact same size as the Londres) out there that I enjoy a great deal that burns hotter than Hades if you get to puffing on it too hard and goes out completely if you smoke it too slowly, but it's still got great flavor.

Perhaps I've been lucky, but I have not a had a bad experience with any Padron cigar, including the Fumas I was lucky enough to smoke before they were discontinued. Some are better than others, but I wouldn't classify any of them as poor or below average.

*sigh*

I just got a 1926 #1 Mad and a 1926 #2 Natural. What a way to enjoy an afternoon..

The few Londres I've smoked have not met the description that those guys gave at all. They were straightforward Padron cigars. They tasted like tobacco and weren't harsh at all. There was no "ashy" finish at all.

They do tend to burn a little hot if you rush them, but that's the same as just about any other cigar of that size. There's a certain No. 3 (almost exact same size as the Londres) out there that I enjoy a great deal that burns hotter than Hades if you get to puffing on it too hard and goes out completely if you smoke it too slowly, but it's still got great flavor.

Perhaps I've been lucky, but I have not a had a bad experience with any Padron cigar, including the Fumas I was lucky enough to smoke before they were discontinued. Some are better than others, but I wouldn't classify any of them as poor or below average.

X2

I bought a box of these (Londres) back in February as my go-to cigar for a quick smoke. I do find the Londres to be a tad hot and bit harsh for the first couple of puffs, but beyond that they have a very similar taste to the 2000, and like the 2000 they get better the longer they sit in the humi!

That being said, I'd still try to smoke a couple before buying a box, just as a general rule of thumb.

I remember thinking the same thing about Fuente's Don Carlos line with a couple years of age. There was a time when I attempted to light a robusto outdoors with a stiff breeze, using matches, and only managed to get a third of the foot burning. Within a half inch, that thing was fully lit and burning perfectly straight across and never required a touch up. I was always impressed with how low maintenance those DC's were. However, it's been almost a decade since I smoked them with any regularity, so I don't know if the quality of construction remains as good.

I smoked just about each of the x000 series since I started smoking on a weekly basis a couple of months ago. I used to smoke a couple cigars a summer but that was it. Those crazy Padrons is what did it. First it was a 2000 maduro, then a 3000 natural, than a 5000 maduro and a 4000 maduro. Rignt now I'm waiting for my first box of cigars--Padron 3000 maduros from Kiokicigars.com. I can't wait to get them and age them a little for next summer.

I think the draw is perfect and they always have lots of creamy smoke. I number of years ago I had an opportunity to smoke a few Cuban's. Every Padron I've had was as good, or superior to the cubans I had. On top of that they are very inexpensive. I don't know how they do it. Truly a perfect cigar.

I love all the Padron lines, but the packaging of PAMs and PANs annoy me because of not having cello on them..

I know it's all about the presentation and all, but I cant stand having unwrapped sticks have nicks or rips on their feet because the box got bumped too hard while in shipment..

Actually I have recently fallen for these sticks also. My initial tasting was a 1926 (not sure of specifics) but I was not a fan at all, especially for the price. However I have recently been all over the 1964's (all types), they are a perfect smoke. Honestly the next closest thing (IN MY OPINION) is the Tat Black. I know, I know... Its rugged around the edges (unlike the perfect padron) but the taste is excellent and its a flavor thats more robust and in your face then the Padron, but I find my self nubbing this 2 sticks all the time.

Just my .02

I love all the Padron lines, but the packaging of PAMs and PANs annoy me because of not having cello on them..

I know it's all about the presentation and all, but I cant stand having unwrapped sticks have nicks or rips on their feet because the box got bumped too hard while in shipment..

I, too, prefer cello on cigars, but I've never had a Padron 1964 or 1926 arrive damaged. They're pressed so tightly into the boxes, I'm not sure that they move around much in shipment. I've only bought about 10 boxes, though, so maybe I've just been lucky.

I, too, prefer cello on cigars, but I've never had a Padron 1964 or 1926 arrive damaged. They're pressed so tightly into the boxes, I'm not sure that they move around much in shipment. I've only bought about 10 boxes, though, so maybe I've just been lucky.

LB, 10 boxes is more than I've had.. I guess I'm just unlucky..

I had a 2000 maduro today that kinda sucked.. Was rolled very loose, wrapper was unravelling a bit, and just wasn't as enjoyable as it should have been. The flavour was still decent but the construction was horrible.. O well, there is a first time for everything and the odds of it happening again are pretty slim.

Well since then I have yet to have a poorly constructed Padron of any line or size.. In fact I am smoking another 2000 maduro right now that is solid, burning perfect, and tatses as good as you all know they do!

Well since then I have yet to have a poorly constructed Padron of any line or size.. In fact I am smoking another 2000 maduro right now that is solid, burning perfect, and tatses as good as you all know they do!

Just think how good it would be if you drank something decent along with it.