• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padron Magnum Maduro @ Montecristo #2 PASS

THE BOX SHOULD GET HERE TOMORROW.
I will post upon receipt.Bob

Sam, your proposal is MORE than fare. I know that if you liked 'em , I will. No harm done AT ALL! Sam you're a great passer for just bringing up the fact that they might be fake. If www.cubancigars.com is a licensed Habanos dealer, they have no reason to sell fakes, why risk their good name? No worries Sammy, this is still an awesome pass!

Very nice gesture Sam, and I will admit that I am the one who started this whole ordeal. I had a friend of mine come over tonight to examine the cigar and we are even more confused than I was originally. I have found out that cigars coming from different factories may have a slightly different shape than others. Also cigar bands may vary depending on where the bands themselves are made. We both compared the aroma to known legitimate cubans and it definately came from the island. So until we figure out for sure I would recomend that Sam holds off on sending replacements and I will volunteer to send my cigar to a known Cuban expert. All I need now is to find out who that person is. If anybody knows somebody who can determine for sure, I will get the cigar out tomorrow. Just e-mail me the persons name and contact information and I will take care of it. I truly appologize if I am incorrect in my suspicion and will compensate you Sam for the trouble that I may have caused.Just for everyones' knowledge, my friend brought over some Monte's that he has recieved from different factories and years and there are subtle differences in each. I am convinced now that these are almost definately legitimate and I am sticking my foot in my mouth. I still would like, for Sam's sake, to send this to an expert to confirm our findings.Once again Sam you have my most humble appologies and the same goes for all members of this pass. I should have done some more investigation before bringing this up and I will do whatever it takes to find out the truth.

Sam your proposals are more than fair!!. First off I want to say to everyone that I hope in no way shape or form is Sams integrity in question here!!! He has without a doubt, been one of the most generous traders I have come across. I recieved another BOMB from him today that was amazing. Anyway, about the Monte's. Yes I did trade 4 for 4 cohiba robustos for the montes. As some of you know, I love my smokes!! LOL:):) Sam did email me and he was quite upset about the whole ordeal. I then I called to speak to him about this.
I was planning on letting these age awhile as they are still abit young for my liking but for a friend I fired one up. The construction compared to others in my humi. Very well made and nice triple caps. The size is just a little longer then the others I have but not more then an 1/8". The color is lighter alot lighter than others I have but certainly nothing to be concerned about. The crest of the band was slightly off center to the left. Upon inspection of my others I found them to be slightly off center to the right. Again, not a whole lot to go on there. Ok I put the torch to it. Still a bit moist but my humi is running about 68% right now which is considerably more than I like(about3%) and usually I take my isoms out an hour or so before I smoke. Tonight for the cause i pulled it and lit it. I paid a small price in smoking a moist havana. This thing did burn perfectly throughout and i never had a run or had to relight. It was a bit tight throughout but as i said it was a little moister than I care for. The flavor starting out was mild to bland even but about 1" in it started to open up abit. About 1/2 way through it really started to open up. No question at this point that it was legit. If it were fake with just cuban tobacco it wouldnt change flavors throughout. It would be one dimensional. Although i must admit i havent smoked a lot of fakes. Only 2 and I couldnt finish either. For me the true test of a havana is the finish. Sorry but this one is a nubber. only 1/2 an inch sitting in my ashtray right now. The last 1/3 of this really kicked in and opened up and was just wonderful. I went into this with an open mind ans Sam even offered me my Cohibas back if these werent legit. As tempting as it was to get my Cohibas back:):).... These montes were legit. For anyone else in this pass that doesnt want to take a chance, leave them there for me!!! I will gladly take everyones share and replace them with sticks from my humi for Sam.As some of you may remember the Cigar Dr. I have no problem calling a fake a fake. Cant do that here.
Im by no means an expert just an obsessed cigar junkie who had read and smoked and watched every video he could get his hands on. You can get a very good video from gereards I believe it is. Its all about Cuban tobacco and the whole process from the fields to the boxes. One of my favorite parts is towards the end where they have already rolled the smokes and are sorting for color. Theres huge piles of cigars that someone is going through to sort into as close as possible, color matches for individiual boxes. There is noway you can be assured every cigar in a box was rolled by one person. I can say almost without a doubt that very few if any boxes contain all the cigars from one roller from the same day!! No way!! Theres over 70 differnt color variations in cuban cigars!!!I have several cigars from the same Vitola and they are drastically different in color. No difference in taste whatsoever. even the robustos that i just got where way differnt in color. One box was from mar01 the other from apr01. The moral of the story. Dont judge a book by its cover. My offer stands to everyone, if you dont want the monte they are mine:):):)To the others that brought this to Sams attention, please light it up and see for yourself. Ill be happy to discuss this with anyone. Send me an email with your number or asking for mine and Ill be happy to call you.If anyone else has any cigars they think are not legit, please send them to me for proper identification. ahh beter send a couple of each, just in case!! :):)

Well there you have it, I am truly an @&#36&#36! I have never been so embarassed in my life and I can only imagine how I have made Sam feel. For that reason alone I am truly sorry. Jeff if you would send me your snailer I will replace the #2 that you smoked tonight with mine. Sam if you will send me your snailer I will send you a package to show that I really am not a bad guy. To the rest of the members of this pass and this forum I apologize for ever bringing this matter up and I encourage you to go along with the pass as planned. Having smoked a few #2s in my time I can guarantee that you will be delighted! Again Sam my most sincere apologies for making this error and I understand if you are sore with me.

Puros, It could happen to anyone. with as many fakes as there are out there I guess its a bit normal to be a little suspicious. You handled it well and did this via email to start. that is a good thing as someones reputation could easily be tarnished by a few bad words written in public. It takes a big man to admit hes wrong. Im glad this worked out to everyones satisfaction. As far as your offer to send it to me.As tempting as that is, please enjoy it yourself and do a little taste test to see if you can tell any differences in flavor from the different wrappers. I personnaly cannot but that may just be me. Thanks for posting Puros!! Very honorable of you. Your welcome in my passes anytime!!

Oh ya speaking of being my brother. My credit cards are overdue!! wheres my check!!! LMAO

I'm sure glad all this was settled in a gentlemanly fashion. Stand up group of guys you are for the way this was handled.ON THE OTHER HAND..... Purosdave, I have been emotionally scarred by this incident and my taste buds are in severe depression; if you could just send me a GREAT BIG BOX OF ISOMS I think I could recover from the life threatening damage this may have caused me. LMK and I'll send you my snailer. As for the others in the pass, I will loyally post reviews of all the smokes you send me so that they feel like they were smoking them too!!!!! :biggrin::biggrin::bigggrin:Sorry, Sam, couldn't resist the opportunity for a mooch!!!Now, let's look forward to the rest of this great pass. I know I sure am.....when the #### is this thing ever gonna' make it to KY?????? :confused::cheesy:Later duuuudes,Ryan

I just finished herfin the Padron MM ...Man O man,That was a great smoke..Anyone know of a good place to order these?
AGAIN....THANK YOU SAM..you is da MAN..

Well.....PLEASE post where this website is or email me with the info PLEASE...PRETTY...PLEASE..

I'll assume you e-mailed the Padron answer, could you send me your findings as well? As you can see from my profile, I'm a AF, Padron nut.
Thanks!

Don't you know I scare easily.... I will add that site to my favorites list ..That is a Great price..

Vern: The Box still has not arrived.
Mail has come today. Double check your confirmation #. I don't see it
in the system.Bob

Actually , with usps there is no way to track it. I ve sent many packages that were said to not be in the system. They arrived eventually!!
UPS and fed ex you can track. Just thought Id put my 2 cents in

Jeff you are RIGHT..For some reason USPS does not usually post the conf#s that are on packages I send until they arrive...I will Double check my # and post again later..

Sometimes they dont post when its left though.Ive had it happen several times

I just dug up the Conf# AND IT IS THE SAME AS THE ONE i POSTED..I have had this happen a number of times and I think it occurs because i mail my parcels from a mailing station instead of the post office...I may have to change this practice in the future if this keeps on being a problem..I would guess that the package will be there on monday ( I hope ).
Thanks Sam for the nice parcel that arrived from you today..I am indeed honored and in your debt.

My good friend Devin " Blues 57 gets back tommarrow you might want to email him if you are looking for a pre Castro stick..I am fairly syre he might know where one can be found..Good luck and thanks again my friend