• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padron Millenium

T2P

Green Horn
I have been doing a bit of research trying to find out what a good price for Padron Milleniums would be nowadays and with the lack of information available I have a couple of questions.

1) What would you consider a fair price on one of these? If you think there is a price difference between natural and maduro indicate that too.

2) Do you feel they are actually worth that price, if you have had one?

I've seen street prices between $50-$65 a stick.

I have been doing a bit of research trying to find out what a good price for Padron Milleniums would be nowadays and with the lack of information available I have a couple of questions.

1) What would you consider a fair price on one of these? If you think there is a price difference between natural and maduro indicate that too.

2) Do you feel they are actually worth that price, if you have had one?

There is no price point difference between the natural and maduro. Klipsch was on in the pricing he gave you. As far as whether they're worth it or not matters on a few different things. Have you ever had one before? If not, then the allure and limited availability makes it worthwile. I've smoked quite a few and am an admitted Padron whore, but I wouldn't chase them again because even though they were great smokes, it's hard to live up to the expectations that are naturally put on them. If I had never smoked one, due to the fact that they were a one time release, I would probably easily spend the cash for one.

I agree with Jonesy that the price is worth it to try one if you’ve never had them, and then after that it’s up to you if it’s worth buying more at that price. I thought the one I smoked was a great cigar, but honestly I would just as soon spend a little less and smoke an 80th, or a 44 Family Reserve.

The guys above are spot on. If you never had one, it is certainly worth trying. Very good cigar. Would I stockpile them at the current price (even if I had the cash) - not so much.

I agree with Jonesy that the price is worth it to try one if you've never had them, and then after that it's up to you if it's worth buying more at that price. I thought the one I smoked was a great cigar, but honestly I would just as soon spend a little less and smoke an 80th, or a 44 Family Reserve.

Gotta agree with this. I smoked a couple of the Maduros ($50 each) and thought they were the best I have ever smoked, but having done so I would rather smoke a couple of the 80ths for the money.

Ken

Don't bother, they're past their prime... :rolleyes::rolleyes::whistling:

The first 2 I smoked were near a religious experiment. The rest have been great (with the exception of a couple that I had that were dried out), but not as good as those first two.

One thing to consider (and I find this to be more important than price) is provenance and how the cigars have been stored. There's not much flatter than a dried out Padron, and the Millenium is no exception.

If I could not physically inspect the cigars or if I did not wholeheartedly trust that the cigars had been stored properly for their entire lives, I would not purchase them as they would likely be disappointing.

HOWEVER, I've had the opportunity to smoke several. Had I never had one, I'd probably pony up for 1 or 2 just to be able to smoke one.

I would drop the coin for the naturals, not for the maduros. FWIW I like the maduros more in the 64 line, I just think they jumped the shark a couple years ago in the millenniums.

Excellent responses everyone, I like the reasoning behind it. Having never tried a millenium before I am going to attempt to get my hands on one or two of each (hopefully).

The first 2 I smoked were near a religious experiment. The rest have been great (with the exception of a couple that I had that were dried out), but not as good as those first two.

One thing to consider (and I find this to be more important than price) is provenance and how the cigars have been stored. There's not much flatter than a dried out Padron, and the Millenium is no exception.

If I could not physically inspect the cigars or if I did not wholeheartedly trust that the cigars had been stored properly for their entire lives, I would not purchase them as they would likely be disappointing.

HOWEVER, I've had the opportunity to smoke several. Had I never had one, I'd probably pony up for 1 or 2 just to be able to smoke one.

This is an especially good point LB. ~Ten year old cigars need good care to maintain and possibly improve. I have only seen them offered by one person thus far and as I have no experience with them or ability to inspect them, I am even more hesitant of the source. Excellent info, thanks for sharing.

My $.02.....

I am pretty frugal with cigars, and have never smoked anything that I would consider worth $30, $40 or $50 dollars. I was lucky enough to have one gifted to me by one of my favorite BOTL. After smoking that cigar, I would have definitely spent the money to enjoy that work of art. That said, I will most likely not be chasing anymore, but am very happy to have experienced it. It is well worth $50 for a first time experience.

Excellent responses everyone, I like the reasoning behind it. Having never tried a millenium before I am going to attempt to get my hands on one or two of each (hopefully).

This is an especially good point LB. ~Ten year old cigars need good care to maintain and possibly improve. I have only seen them offered by one person thus far and as I have no experience with them or ability to inspect them, I am even more hesitant of the source. Excellent info, thanks for sharing.

I acquired mine from 3 different sources, all reputable (two of them from here) for a total of 5 sticks. The two that I smoked were absolutely identical in flavor. It could be possible that I smoked two from the same person, but it's unlikely. I started with the most flawed wrapper (none were flawed, but you know how Padron's look) and moved forward from there. The remaining 3 sticks that I let go, were the best looking of the bunch.

I've had 3 in my humidor, at seperate times and have never smoked one. I have 1 remaining and will be enjoying it sometime soon.

Pardon the resurrection, but this is a great read after seeing these up for sale at $100 ea from Smoke Inn.

$55ea sounds much more approachable in the range of HTF OPUS and the like.

I have a whole box of these and they are not for sale for any price!  LOL!!! Mine all mine!!!!