• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padron

LittleEd

So I defer to the great minds here at CP. My local cigar store has had their Padron order, on order for months now. The word on the street as they say is that if you call them your order will "fall off the back of the truck". What is going on with Padron, I have almost smoked all of the 5000's! ??? So they are not producing enough cigars? Is this just a marketing stunt? Let me know what is going on? :(

My local B&M got in such a tiff with Padron that they no longer carry the line. Chalk it up to the bone-headedness of the former CEO. Now we've got the largest B&M chain in state (16 shops, several with sizable walk-in humidors) and not a single Padron stick in the house. Doesn't make me a happy man.

Wilkey

My local guy had problems with them too. He has the largest shop between Memphis and Nashville along I-40. He also has no Padrons. He said they were total dickheads to deal with.

That's weird. I had always heard nothing but good things about Padron's business. The Outlaw has always had an amazing selection of Padron whenever I go there. Jorge seemed like a class act as well. I'm interested to hear what some of the CP'ers who run or work in B&Ms have to add onto this.

As much as I love Padron, I have heard this exact same thing from a couple vendors, one a very respected online shop. They both mentioned how difficult they are to deal with etc. Hopefully its some renegade ahole rep and not common practice.

Sorry you guys are having problems getting the Padrons...
I believe my B&M has some boxes... I just called, but they closed at 5pm.
I can give them a call tomorrow and see what they have (they are pretty well stocked.)
Just post here what you are looking for and I will call them tomorrow...

If they have what you want, I will buy, then you will just pay the cost + taxes and shipping.
(tax ain't bad in Virginia)

[edited to add: Or...DUH! (on my part) you could just order from Famous Smoke Shop. ...sheesh...where is my head today!]

C&G...just trying to help a brother out.

Im very close to the owner of my local B&M and he wont even carry them for that reason. I love my 64's and 26's but i would not be to thrilled to learn that this threads basis was fact.

My local must have a good relationship with padron they always seem well stocked
I personally just got interested in this line since I went to a Padron dinner that OVTC hosted

on another note: employees were told they were not aloud to buy the 80th's even a regular price
(tobad for them :rolleyes: )

It's true one the "If you call in your order" thing. My local owner carries a large asst. of Padron products. He said that if you call, you most likely talk to Rudy, or one other lady. He says you almost never get it filled that way. He always has to call and request a fax order form, and then it always gets filled.

It's true one the "If you call in your order" thing. My local owner carries a large asst. of Padron products. He said that if you call, you most likely talk to Rudy, or one other lady. He says you almost never get it filled that way. He always has to call and request a fax order form, and then it always gets filled.
The best and only way to order them is to fax them. It saves them time! Also do the recycle box program with them and you will never have a problem getting what you want from them(if they have them in)! I order on a near weekly level so we keep ourselves in front of them! You make things easy for them they make things easy for you. It's not rocket science. The Padrons are great people and I find it hard to believe that your B&M has had a problem that they didn't bring on themselves! They are always friendly and are quick to take care of problems. Wilkey, you need Padrons, all you need to do is call!!!

That's weird. I had always heard nothing but good things about Padron's business. The Outlaw has always had an amazing selection of Padron whenever I go there. Jorge seemed like a class act as well. I'm interested to hear what some of the CP'ers who run or work in B&Ms have to add onto this.

I think retailers call cigar makers "dickheads" when they can't get the product they want from them on demand. :)

the last B&M I frequented before going totally point and click also dumped them. he could not stand the lack of communication and the inconsistency of the delivery and selection. In fact, he told me they were even worse than F/N.

Padron cigars are over rated, especially since they started adding the chocolate to the filler. I would personaly stay away from all Padron products. I've never had one that was worth anything.

I hope that works and people stop buying them. More for me :)

Padron cigars are over rated, especially since they started adding the chocolate to the filler. I would personaly stay away from all Padron products. I've never had one that was worth anything.

I hope that works and people stop buying them. More for me :)

I thought it was weed... :sign:

Back