• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Palio cutter acting up!

Time will tell if this cutter will last, but I'm loving my new Colibri V Cutter. Lately I've been either punching or v cutting. I don't see that changing anytime soon. I'm having much more success in not damaging my wrappers.

Colibri V Cutter

Have the early Palios and some of the newer ones. I've been punching my cigars for the last 12 months. Been using a Cigarism vintage style copper double size cigar punch.
View attachment 39558
I misplaced my Xikar punch last fall and because it hasn’t shown up and you like this one, I bought one on Amazon today. Looking forward to having a good punch again....thanks Tony!

Time will tell if this cutter will last, but I'm loving my new Colibri V Cutter. Lately I've been either punching or v cutting. I don't see that changing anytime soon. I'm having much more success in not damaging my wrappers.

Colibri V Cutter
Wyatt, I have one of those, and they are really well made. My hesitation is that they take a real chop out of the end of the cigar. I have a Xikar v-cutter and I think I like it better:

Over time, I've accumulated quite the tool kit....:)

This is what I'd like next, just not sure when or if I'll pull the trigger.

Les Fines Lames Cigar Cutter
Brandon did you end up pulling the trigger on this? I broke my pocket knife the other day and was looking for another one. One thing led to another and now I am considering spending the $ and getting one of these. I read the review below on half wheel and it seemed promising.

Brandon did you end up pulling the trigger on this? I broke my pocket knife the other day and was looking for another one. One thing led to another and now I am considering spending the $ and getting one of these. I read the review below on half wheel and it seemed promising.

I haven’t yet. I have a hard time spending $$ on expensive cutter/lighters, but it’s still on my to buy list.

@CBoukal When you first showed this to us on the Vherf, my initial thought was how poorly a one blade cutter is. Think about the freebies given away at events, where the blade pushes against the plastic on the other side. Even if the blade is razor sharp, I feel as though there would be issues. Now, in a perfect world, it'll work like a dream. Once it's gets just a tad bit dull/gunked up, I foresee a bunch of jacked up seegar cuts.

I truly hope yours work well. Random thoughts from an old fool!

Floyd T

@CBoukal When you first showed this to us on the Vherf, my initial thought was how poorly a one blade cutter is. Think about the freebies given away at events, where the blade pushes against the plastic on the other side. Even if the blade is razor sharp, I feel as though there would be issues. Now, in a perfect world, it'll work like a dream. Once it's gets just a tad bit dull/gunked up, I foresee a bunch of jacked up seegar cuts.

Floyd T
If it ever stops cutting cigars well, at least he can shave with it...

Floyd T
I plan on returning it so I won't get a chance to get that far into it. But the knife has a lifetime warranty and from what I understand from the guys at my local B&M where I got it, they stand behind it. I agree with you that once I start opening boxes and such with it, it would stop being a good cigar cutter.

Really love my Benchmade knives, been tempted to got one of these....but, yikes, even at $250 that seems expensive.

Really love my Benchmade knives, been tempted to got one of these....but, yikes, even at $250 that seems expensive.

Benchmade knives are great products but $250 for a cutter, DAYUM!!! If I can find my SAK, I'll post a pic. BEST regular cutter(non-v type cutter) I've ever owned.

Floyd T

@bfreebern @SKYDIVNEKD
Welllllll, interesting turn of events. Brought it back to return it and the guy said he doesn’t normally do returns. Obviously he knows me by name from coming in often so he decided he would give me in store credit. I wandered around the humidor of over priced cigars and decided by the time I got done overpaying for cigars I don’t need right now, I would be better off keeping it. So here we are. First cut was very smooth and surprisingly effortless. I was actually very happy with the ease and cleanness of the cut. Expecting to have to press with some force, I probably pressed too hard to start with. Pictures of the first cut. Now I know Floyd is probably right and after I cut open my daily semi truck full of Amazon boxes with it, it won’t be the same. I agree, but after I send this post I will be filling out their warranty and I guess we’ll see
0A7CF930-035C-4CFE-A969-5E6E48AE7B8D.jpeg
19F16A6C-4A74-4791-AFE9-285DBA3416DC.jpeg
95328FD3-415D-4B8E-881B-2388FDEF1DE4.jpeg
97E3B481-9FC0-4961-972F-B057A084008B.jpeg
85079E17-EFD8-4F25-AA01-85132297DC4D.jpeg

@bfreebern @SKYDIVNEKD
Welllllll, interesting turn of events. Brought it back to return it and the guy said he doesn’t normally do returns. Obviously he knows me by name from coming in often so he decided he would give me in store credit. I wandered around the humidor of over priced cigars and decided by the time I got done overpaying for cigars I don’t need right now, I would be better off keeping it. So here we are. First cut was very smooth and surprisingly effortless. I was actually very happy with the ease and cleanness of the cut. Expecting to have to press with some force, I probably pressed too hard to start with. Pictures of the first cut. Now I know Floyd is probably right and after I cut open my daily semi truck full of Amazon boxes with it, it won’t be the same. I agree, but after I send this post I will be filling out their warranty and I guess we’ll see
View attachment 55159
View attachment 55160
View attachment 55162
View attachment 55161
View attachment 55163
Why are you warrantying it?

Good to know, I’ll have to look into it again. I’m sure you can find cheaper options for opening Amazon boxes!