• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Palio Cutters

cpprhead59

We are the music makers...we are the dreamers of d
Hi all after reading the various posts promoting the different types of higher end cutters and chose to get a Palio Burlwood cutter...looks great.

I got it home and opened it up and got ready to use it....I went to cut a nice tat ..and poof...the cutter separated into two pieces...is this normal?

I did not pull hard on it :whistling: or anything, I just opened the blades as I would any cutter.

Also - there seems to be a white dried glue looking residue on the edges of where the metal blades meet the wood....i thought that was odd.

My question is, should I send this back? Is this normal? Am I nuts?
Thanks

edit since i cannot spell

***Update - I contacted the store which I purchased it from and they said that:
1.) They do not know what the residue is.
2.) That the Burl, Carbon Fiber and some of the Silver ones come apart easier than the others by design so you can clean the blades easier.

I guess my question, is that true? Anyone else hear this? Any of our retailers answer these questions?

Thank you for your input as always..

9/24/08 Update - I called Palio and left a message. I received a call last week from them and was not able to get it and given the state of the markets, I had not been able to return their call. This AM I received a call from Mark at Palio who was extremely helpful and talked about some of the specifics of the cutter and how this could have happened. He apologized for the problem and told me to send it directly to them since my local Palio retailer did not seem to understand the policy they have. Once received Mark said, he will test one personally and send it out to me. Now that is customer service. I not only received one call but two calls from the company and Mark made a tremendous effort to make it right, which he will. I will be sending out the cutter tomorrow. I just wanted to post this and thank the other members of the community for their insight.

That's weird. Mine are great.

Advise the vendor that you are sending it back.

Brian

That's weird. Mine are great.

Advise the vendor that you are sending it back.

Brian

Thanks Brian, I appreciate the input. After all of the glowing reviews I have seen here, I found it odd.

Wow. That sounds odd. I would contact the retailer you bought it from. Palio will definitely do what it takes to make it right. I've been using mine with absolutely no problems.

Wilkey

Every once in a while mine comes apart. I wouldn't sweat it, but it can be returned.

I've seen it happen as well. Not out of the ordinary, but certainly should not happen.

Contact the seller and send it back. They my just have you send to back to Palio.

Mark

I have the standard black Palio as well as the burlwood. I've never had a problem with the former but the latter broke into pieces.

The cutting action on my burlwood was never quite right to begin with. I need to take it back to a store and get it replaced.

-Mark

If I close the blades too tightly, the ends stick a little. When I open it, it takes a little more oomph and then the sucker opens up wider than it's supposed to. I think it did pop apart once, but no hassle getting it back together.

TampaSupremo

P.S. Hey, RdJ, nice Dooley!

I have a Carbon Fiber Palio and have never had this issue. I didn't even know it came apart. :D
I would send it back. It's too expensive of a cutter, not to have a perfect one. Either that or lay of the steroids. ;)

I have a Carbon Fiber Palio and have never had this issue. I didn't even know it came apart. :D
I would send it back. It's too expensive of a cutter, not to have a perfect one. Either that or lay of the steroids. ;)

Hah! Nice one.

I bloody love my Palio, and have never experienced such an odd event. I would take these BOTL's advice and take advantage of the lifetime warranty mate.

i love my pallio. its my favorite in my collection and gets used the most by far. havent had ot take advantage of the warranty yet and hopefully wont have to any time soon. but itsn ice to read that they stand by their product well.