• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Partagas D-4

LAWDOG

I Have a box of D-4 Partagas date sept 09 How long should I let these maranate in my Humidor before I can enjoy them, first one outa the box was good but kinda ruff?

Lawdog, how long have they been in your humidor? Were they shipped, or bought from a friend? From my personal experience, if I buy them from a friend that I know takes good care of their stock, I feel free to smoke them ASAP. If I get them shipped, I let them rest for approx. 2-3 weeks.

Also, take care on your spelling and grammar. ;)

I Have a box of D-4 Partagas date sept 09 How long should I let these maranate in my Humidor before I can enjoy them, first one outa the box was good but kinda ruff?

After it's done marinating, you should talk to SmokerB:

got my hands on an Opus X from a local cigar store and it has been put away to cook in my humidor for the time being

I bet you guys could come up with some great creations!

Good question. We have been burning through boxes of TEB May 08. The have been a bit aggressive, but if you are a fan of the PSD#4, it should be right in your wheelhouse.

Enjoy your cigars.

Cheers
Drew P

That "ruff" (tannin) flavor you're experiencing is typical of young, but not freshly-rolled Partagas vitolas.
I find 09 PSD4s to be good for resting at this point. I'd say rest them for a year, try one, and gauge for yourself. If the "ruff" taste still exists, rest again...and repeat. Some people think they're fantastic after 2 years of age, some think it takes at least 4. Taste is subjective. This is just my advice.

After it's done marinating, you should talk to SmokerB:

got my hands on an Opus X from a local cigar store and it has been put away to cook in my humidor for the time being

I bet you guys could come up with some great creations!

LOL, Now your cookin with gas....

Thanks people for all the cookin tips!!!

Have you considered putting one in a food processor and grinding it to a fine powder for cosmetic use?

Have you considered putting one in a food processor and grinding it to a fine powder for cosmetic use?

If he's going through all that trouble it should be for Pharmaceutical use. ;)

If you send one to me...I've got a convection oven :thumbs:

I too have a SEP 09 box and I haven't even given any thought to smoking one....I may try one just to see what it is like....you never know, I may love it or I may pitch it after an inch or so..lol.

I just smoked one of my last from June or July 2006. It was wonderfullness. I think I have 4 more :(

I too have a SEP 09 box and I haven't even given any thought to smoking one....I may try one just to see what it is like....you never know, I may love it or I may pitch it after an inch or so..lol.

Let it rest....they were harsh..

If they were harsh to you, then let them rest a few months and try another until they smooth out enough for your tastes. I tend to like them well aged myself, but others like them fresh. Smoke what you like and like what you smoke.

Cooking tips aside, it depends on how big your collection has grown. If you have relatively few aged CCs you may not want to wait as long.

On the other hand, if you purchase more boxes you'll have less incentive to smoke the younger ones. ;)

Steve

Cooking tips aside, it depends on how big your collection has grown. If you have relatively few aged CCs you may not want to wait as long.

On the other hand, if you purchase more boxes you'll have less incentive to smoke the younger ones. ;)

Steve

That has worked well for me. I have a decent collection of smokes and a lot of times when I go diggin I find stuff that I forgot I had... :thumbs:

No reason to rush a potential good thing... the box i cracked recently is GOP NOV 08 and they are just starting to turn around for the better... by some they should start to get to more of my liking fwiw id let yours rest a year or 2 but smoke 1 every couple of months to gauge them out