• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Partagas Limited Reserve Decadas 1995 No. II

Zach

Addicted to race cars
Hey every1,
This will be my first cigar review, as well as my first multimedia review, so bear with me!

Brand: Partagas
Name: Limited Reserve Decadas 1995 No. II
Origin: Dominican Republic
Wrapper/Binder/Filler: ???
Length: 5.5
Gauge: 49
Price: $17.xx

This glass-tubed cigar came recommended from the local shop owner. Being fairly new to Partagas (only have smoked a single Black Label Bravo), i decided to pick one up and see if i could taste a difference.

I pulled it from its glass tube to allow a month's rest in my 65% RH humidor. The wrapper was incredible. Slight veins, fairly oily, dark maduro colored, and a nice amount of plume. Id say it was a step down in construction from an Opus X.

Once it was ready, I went down to a local cigar bar, only to find out after 8pm its 21+ :rolleyes: After being told i could smoke in the lobby, the Xikar was taken to the end of this cigar and away we go! Pre-light draw was perfect. After toasting it with the torch, one puff was all it needed. The cigar burned RAZOR straight until the nub. :thumbs:

The first third started off with a complex tobacco flavor that developed a raisin taste. Not as pronounced as an Opus X, but definitely noticable. There was plenty of smoke volume from this cigar as well. I'd rate it a Medium to Full body, as it definitely did not pack the punch a Partagas Black Label does.
dsc01548small6vn.jpg

The ash was gray with black lines following the pattern of the two prominent veins. The Decadas 1995 held its ash for about 3" before it fell off. While a friend was smoking an Opus PerfeXion X that held a good 5" of ash. This was a testament more to the supreme rollers at Opus rather than a poor construction of the Partagas.
dsc01557small1ds.jpg

dsc01563small7ok.jpg

The second third brought even more fun than the first. The raisin flavor mellowed out into an almost Fig-Newton sweetness, and a woody flavor emerged on my pallate. The burn stayed cool, and the burn was still perfectly even. The oils really started to come to the surface as well. :thumbs:
dsc01570small5uz.jpg

In the last third of the cigar, the sweet flavors subsided, and a nice combination of leathery tobacco and woody flavors came forward. Took it until it burned my fingers, then used a plastic bar sword as a make-shift roach clip and got another 5min out of it! :laugh:
dsc01581small3pk.jpg

dsc01582small8bp.jpg

Smoking time- 1-1.5hours

Rating: 9/10. Fantastic cigar. Wonderful construction, flawless burn. Nice complex flavor that developed through all the thirds. It is a premium-priced cigar at $17.xx, but if you like the Partagas flavor, this cigar is a great stick!

-Zach

Great Review, I love the Decadas No.IV and I'm sure the No.II is outstanding as well. $17 a stick is a little much...shame cause it is a great stick.

I do plan on going back and getting a few No. IIIs and another No. II. Hoping the No. III is more of the same, in a longer-lasting vitola! :thumbs:

-Zach

Hey Zach, nice review.

That little plastic sword was great, but I can't even imagine how hot it must have been burning...

We'll have to go before 6 next time!

L8r,

~Phil

Glad you liked it better then you liked the Black Label, but now I'm sure your wallet hates you. :whistling: Nice review and cool pictures.

Awesome first review!! I have seen these at the local B&M but was turned off I guess by the price tag, after reading your review I may just have to pick one up! :)

I just got some of these to try thanks to SMOKEYBALLS. I will fire one up soon! After that review, they sure sound good. I was figuring that they would be like the last Partagas Limited, but we'll see.

GREAT first review!
I've been looking forward to sparking one of these, and I think that was all the encouragement I needed. Thanks, and keep 'em coming!

Great review. :thumbs: I love the pictures.

As for the Decadus, I smoked one of the smaller ones (can't remember the number) at the RTDA. I made sure I had a clean palate for this one. My assessment? It just did nothing for me. It was not a bad cigar by any means, but definitely not worth the money. How do I decide? I put this one next to an Opus and a Padron 1926 and decide which I would take. I think this would be a very nice $6-$9 cigar.

Just my 0.02.

I agree 125% with you CigarDawg... great 6 dollar smoke... the robusto atleast.

VEry nice review thanks for sharing it with us Zach.

Nice review! Great account of the experience...I almost felt like I was smoking it right there along with you. :thumbs:

But dude, you had at least another half inch before you had to resort to the toothpick. ;) Nothing building up some nub-calluses couldn't help.

What happened to the cap?? It's missing!!! I like to take a tad less off than that...

I've got one sitting in the humi. My local shop owner said he thought it was the best tasting of the new releases at the RTDA. That struck me as a bit odd, because his tastes are usually pretty pricey (he LOVES the entire Davidoff line).

I'm am a bit concerned about the hefty price tag - I've not found many NC Partagas' that are worth more than $10 - not even the 150's... We shall see!!!