• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Partagas Serie D No.4

natejustice

Justice for all
Decided that tonight was the perfect night to burn the Partagas Serie D No 4 that AVB, gifted me at the York, PA HERF. This was my first experience with an ISOM. I was rather nervous and very excited at the same time, to ignite this long awaited stick. I have been looking forward to trying one of these forbidden treasures from Cuba.

For those of you who don't know here are some facts about the stick.

Name: Partagas Serie D No.4
Vitola: Robusto
Ring Gauge:50
Length: 4.8 inches

Full Bodied

Pre-light aroma was absolutely barnyard, which was very appealing to me. I just couldn't stop taking sniffs along its incredible body. The stick was very well rolled, and had minimal veins visable.

Toasting the foot was another treat, with copious amounts of smoke rolling upward, hitting my nostrils and providing an absolutely delightful smell.

After taking a few draws, I was instantly hit with tastes of chocolate, cocoa and spice, all at once for the most part. Some other tastes also hit my palate but it was hard to discern everything because of the bombardment of delicious tastes. Stayed this way for the whole time for the most part, and never provided a dull moment. The stick burned absolutely razor sharp, and required no touch ups. It lasted for approximately 45 minutes and provided a wonderful journey into the world of ISOM's. This is one of the best sticks I have ever had the pleasure of placing to my lips.

Thanks again AVB, I appreciated it beyond words. :thumbs: :)

nice review!! I waiting to see how long you could hold out before smoking it!

It's a really nice stick. Only have had one from 04 and one from 05 and both were great. I have 15 out of my GB that are now mine from July 05. Can't wait for these to hit a year or two old. But even from the box they are exceptional.

Congratulations Nate,

Sounds like you really enjoyed it! This is a great stick when it's on.

Wilkey

Glad to see you popped your cherry. It sure sounds like it was with the right girl. These are fantastic smokes. I've had one young one and one aged a few years and both were great. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Yes, Luke...let your lust for the leaf guide you deeper into the power that is the DARK SIDE!
Welcome to it!
GREAT SMOKE! One of my all-time faves!

What a nice way to lose your cherry :thumbs: awesome cigar, one of my favorites.

One of my favorites...Glad you enjoyed it...Nice review also

Lkyman

Nice review nate :thumbs: Ya really gotta love those PSD4s. They are probably my favorite ISOM along with the PSP2. Easy on the pocketbook and a great taste.

Just ordered a box to split with a fellow BOTL. With even a little down time, these are WONDERFUL smokes. Great review; glad your first ISOM was memorable... :thumbs:

Cheers - B.B.S.

You can now kiss your entire cigar budget goodbye, as well as any free space you have in your humidor.

Welcome to cuba :whistling:

Nice review and I'm glad you enjoyed it. Pretty sure that one had 2-3 years on it. :D

I am not a big fan of cubans not sure why but those are great .I by them for myself sometimes most cubans i buy go into a box for someone else.