• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

pass

thanks blair... It's easier thank going back looking for it....

but once it hit's phatash.....we need a herf for the last 5 on the list....have not heard back from everyone....on thier ideas for a location.

I got your input john.....

BIGGY,
I am up for a Herf but I am geographically ignorant to what would be a central or convenient meeting place? So, if a few suggestions could be made I will let you all know. When Considering my location just consider me to be in Baltimore, MD since it is only 15 minutes away. Let me know what you all come up with.

Fastshotbud maybe realitively new to CP
Check his post count @CW
This was my point when melski was being told he needed to post around more, etc.......
Melski is also known around HP, ASC & CW as well.

PhatAsh said:
just consider me to be in Baltimore, MD since it is only 15 minutes away.
I thought I PM'd you too...

We're all in the Tyson's Corner area pretty much...

Lumpy's in Rockville
Blair's in Arlington or Alexandria
MHN, is in the area as well,Virginia side. I'm not sure where...
I'm near Dulles Airport....

I found a nice cigar bar at landsdowne resort. A nice golf course for you golfers out there.
Stonewalls Tavern
Located off the lobby, Stonewalls offers a casual atmosphere complete with billiards, darts, huge fieldstone fireplace, laser disc juke box, and large-screen televisions.
Go to the bottom of the page and click on "virtual tour" of Stonewalls Tavern
Look to the left of the bar, you'll see one of thier glass humidors.

we could have a nice meal or just appitizers, drinks. we have an "in" there....treated very well. I'm still looking for something inside the beltway or tyson's area.

we had talked earlier about opening the herf up to others as well. Once we decide on a place. the pass is getting closer... we have to move quickly on this....

We need to show the rest of CP we can throw down here in VA/MD. :sign:

oh, I just figured out the virtual tour, hold your mouse down on the pic and it will move left or right....

so cool.

Big100HD said:
thanks blair... It's easier thank going back looking for it....
What are you thanking me for? I didn't do anything! :p

Fatshot, excellent puts and takes!! Very generous. HOWEVER, there is still time to take the BTL. If you want it, make a trade. I didn't mean to imply that it is off-limits. In fact, I'm a little worried that this pass has taken on a serious tone and that is the last thing that I wanted when I started it. My intentions were to make a quite laid back pass and we've kinda gone the other way (albeit, perhaps necessarily.) Either way, I don't want anyone to sweat their p and t's too much. The idea is to just make it fair and you, and everyone else thus far, have gone way WAY above and beyond. THAT IS VERY APPRECIATED. Still, at the same time I don't want those who follow (i.e. those who are further down the mailing list) to think that this is what must be done. Most do - because we have a very generous group here at CP - but it isn't a requirement. As an example, coventrycat is currently swamped in passes. If you're in four simulataneous passes and you over-put on every one of them it takes to fun out of it. You've deleted your stock! So, long post-short - everyone, just have fun with it. If you are in a giving mood, then by all means give! But, don't put in a penny extra because you feel as though you have to.

Again, great puts Fatshot. And thanks for the host cigar! I love a surprise :p !

blair

blair said:
...oh...

Biggy, sounds like an awesome idea! Let's do it!
First, sorry blair, thanks should have gone to phatash(my appoligies) for posting the list in the front....

As far as the herf....I'm ready....If everyone else is ok with it.

********Stonewalls Tavern********

We need to set a date....mid week or a weekend? If we want a spread we need to know what everyone is comfortable with $$$ wise...or we can just go in ala carte.

we may only have 2 weeks, the way this pass is moving....

I have not found another place yet.. does anyone have any other suggestions...

oh, Lumberg, did you get your smoking jacket yet...it would fit, right in there....Can't wait to see you in it....

Ok guys .....waiting......for your input.....got u blair....might only be 2 of us (LOL) :thumbs: :thumbs:

blair said:
Fatshot, excellent puts and takes!! Very generous. HOWEVER, there is still time to take the BTL. If you want it, make a trade. I didn't mean to imply that it is off-limits. In fact, I'm a little worried that this pass has taken on a serious tone and that is the last thing that I wanted when I started it.
Thanks Blair but I will let it ride.
I did have a couple of the sticks you guys mentioned but honestly not pulling a trade on it doesn't bother me. I am sure one or two will come my way in the future, just haven't sought them out.
As far as "taken on a serious tone" - I feel some degree of seriousness is a good thing. I have had my share of lopsided trades and always put forth the effort to not "burn" anyone.
Quite honestly I like to look up each cigar and find the average going price. Heck it takes very little time to do this and it is educational in some respect. This is something I recommend folks new to cigars make an attempt to do also, especially if you want to maintain a good reputation. :thumbs:
Just my 2 cents worth...

On another note --- Blair I think you did a bang up job on your pass. The labels, baggies, numbered dots etc shows you put some good effort into it.
I also saw you included shipping tape! Now I am just a slow ol' RedNeck but I just can't figure how to tape up the box and still get the tape back inside??? I have tried three times now and the tape keeps ending up outside of the box when I am done ??? Oh well as luck has it I have a roll of duct tape so I am out of my bind now :p :sign:

Later - BUD

Fatshotbud said:
I also saw you included shipping tape! Now I am just a slow ol' RedNeck but I just can't figure how to tape up the box and still get the tape back inside??? I have tried three times now and the tape keeps ending up outside of the box when I am done ??? Oh well as luck has it I have a roll of duct tape so I am out of my bind now :p :sign:

Later - BUD
LMAO!!! :D :p :D

I included the tape in case someone was in a bind and could then just cut off a long piece, put the roll in the box, then tape up the box. Probably not necessary but I had the extra room and figured "what the hell."

As an example, coventrycat is currently swamped in passes.

Actually this is a GOOD thing for me. My refrigerdor & coolerdor are bustin' at the seams so I'm looking forward to unloading on these passes ;)

:sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign:

coventrycat86 said:

Actually this is a GOOD thing for me. My refrigerdor & coolerdor are bustin' at the seams so I'm looking forward to unloading on these passes ;)

Well bad example then. But GREAT NEWS for the hosts!! :D :sign: :p

coventrycat86 said:

Hey Bill,
I am starting a new pass called "Yes, this box is empty" if you are interested!!!! :D

Side note - when the heck does one use this emoticon > :love:

:sign: BUD :sign:

HEY BIGGY,

Thanks for the PM dude! I too am becoming excited about this. I guess a spread would be nice but if this thing does get rushed it might be better to go ala carte. You should still ask your "in" if we do bring a large group and can't get things together for a pre order then will they still cut us a deal. I mean they could become the MD/VA Herf site officially if we all like the place. Just something to think about.

Just took the tour...I am in, looks like Stonewalls is pretty nice. I found out that depending on when I travel it could be about 1 hour 30 minutes...not to bad.

If we do this during the week I vote for a Thursday.

Weekends are honestly probably better for everyone else and a weekend would be fine with me so long as I have enough notice for the Mrs. . Hell, who knows maybe we will both come and make a weekend getaway out of it!

Anyway just keep me updated.

I SAY, GITTY UP, AND LET's DO THIS THING!!! :thumbs: :)

Fatshotbud said:
Side note - when the heck does one use this emoticon > :love:
I :love: cigars

ISOM :love:

Anejo :love:

a few times I remember using it.

Oh and when some drama goes down it's

can you feel the :love:

Ok, this is the prjected arrival of "the Pass"

. Fatshotbud (TX)
7. Triple_D (LA)
8. ALostTexan (OH)
9. Snowdust (MI) out today 1/16
10. coventrycat86 (CT) in 1/20 out 1/22
11. Bobbyson1a (NJ) in 1/24 sat out 1/26 mon
12. PhatAsh (MD) in 1/30 Fri......
13. Lumberg (MD)
14. Big100HD (VA)
15. mhn (VA)
16. blair (VA)

Not sure if this gives everyone enough time to Look through the boxes....let me know....

This gives us a good starting point....How does Saturday, Jan 31st sound? say 4 pm or 6 pm?

Phatash, come down for the whole day and the ladies can go on a shopping spree...

I think we can just meet there and go ala carte on the food, makes it easier on everyone...

Anyone for some golf in the morning or afternoon?