• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pats v. Broncos

Tom Brady, 3 time Super Bowl champ, 2 time MVP, and all we've heard about all week is Tebow. Don't think for one minute that doesn't motivate Brady.

O you got that right Buddy! You can see the fire in his eyes!

Brady's been unreal, but what about New England's "soft" D? The 31st in the leauge is just bowling over Denver's very decent O line...

So much my hope of the Broncos making this a close game... :(

Same here. I just smoked on of my best cigars and reflected on the fact that I did not expect them to be here. I saw maybe 4 wins this year. And a playoff win, really? Congrats to the Pats for a great game plan. Best of luck to them in the remainder of the tournament and we will see you back in Foxboro next year!

I do have to say like I always will win or lose for any NE sports team when playing a good team! The Broncos are a GOOD team and have alot of potental! To me I can only point it at the hype over the past couple of weeks! To much damn pressure on Tebow and the reast of the Broncos. Tebow is a good QB and good at what he does. He is so risky and is always moving. He played a good game his line I belive just let him down tonight. There is something great about Tebow and yes there is alot of Joke to go with it but really he is going to be great one day! NE is a good team as well and FINALLY our D showed up huge tonight! The score would be totally diffrent if our D played the way the played in the regular season. Home feild played alot in this game as well!

Paul

Only a year into Elway's planned 3-year rebuilding project. Denver is a young team and gained a lot of valuable experience in this playoff run. Not the losing season I expected from the Broncos this past summer. Unfortunately the ridiculous zeitgeist of Tebowmania really racheted up the expectations on this Broncos team, probably unfairly.

The Patriots, despite all the noise about their recent playoff woes, are still an experienced, elite team as demonstrated this evening. If Houston miraculously makes it past Baltimore, I see that seasoning serving them well in the AFC championship. If the Pats meet the Ravens... well, that will be a damn good game if Flaco shows up.

Think it will be a tough game, the Pat's Defense being so bad.

I still like the Patriots 31-24.

No problem. I was really worried, The Steelers must really suck!

I have NO Saints and the Ravens in the super bowl so I hope I'm wrong all around.

God bless.

That game played out just the way it was supposed to. Denver beating the Steelers was a case of the Steelers beating themselves. The Pats D shadowed Tebow all night long and took him right out of the game. Once again the media hype distorts reality...when you get this deep into the playoffs, the cream usually rises to the top....the fakers always fall by the waste side.

How 'bout them 49ers?...beat NO at their own game! No fakers in San Fran this weekend...

Now, as a Giant fan, I have to deal in the reality that this next game is going to be a tough one. I'm just happy to see them get this far into the mix. All I want to see is the Giants not beat themselves and play GB tough...just like when they played them during the regular season. I'm not sure I would even take them & the points...

GO BIG BLUE!

That game played out just the way it was supposed to. Denver beating the Steelers was a case of the Steelers beating themselves. The Pats D shadowed Tebow all night long and took him right out of the game. Once again the media hype distorts reality...when you get this deep into the playoffs, the cream usually rises to the top....the fakers always fall by the waste side.
U
How 'bout them 49ers?...beat NO at their own game! No fakers in San Fran this weekend...

Now, as a Giant fan, I have to deal in the reality that this next game is going to be a tough one. I'm just happy to see them get this far into the mix. All I want to see is the Giants not beat themselves and play GB tough...just like when they played them during the regular season. I'm not sure I would even take them & the points...

GO BIG BLUE!

Gary its so true that the media pressure gets to some so easy. As for the giants I'd like to see them beat GB! We'll just have to see how it turns out.

Good luck!
Paul

This game was the game I had envisioned and hoped for. Records set and tied by Brady and Gronk. 16 negative plays and 5 sacks inflicted by the defense. I don't care much for folks who wear their religion on their sleeves and like us to believe that god gives a damn about the outcome of football games. Tebow got his well earned comeuppance.

Doc

Yep, it was good that the Patriots finally won something after that horrible loss in their last meaningful game. Now, don't be fooled. The Broncos should have never of been there. The fact that Tebow did not play well is not a huge deal. Brady et al are a great offensive jugernaut. In defense for teams that play the Pats, it is a little easier on offense when the you know what the defense is calling. Just sayin'.

By the way that was a great 18-1 season a half a decade ago.

So much easier to blame your team's loss on the other team cheating, instead of the fact that your team probably shouldn't have been there in the first place.

That was the best ay that I could have imagined the Pats/ Broncos game going. Now keep in mind I HATE the Pats. But I am so tired of hearing about a less than terrible qb being described as almost reaching Elway status because he won 6 games in a row. Thanks to Skip Bayless the great career of a legend has been compared to a 2 bit hack that no one will remember in 10 years.

That being said, all the games have been great this weekend. Good for the 9ers, and G-men for beating the unbeatable.

Next week should be great!

So much easier to blame your team's loss on the other team cheating, instead of the fact that your team probably shouldn't have been there in the first place.
Almost as easy as making the statement you just made. Don't get me wrong you are right. But where ya been? Just wondering as I have not seen you chime in on this topic yet.

If you would have read the entire thread I did give the Patriots their props. The fact is that the Pats have been cheating and every championship they won is tainted.

I would love it if it starts a Belichek curse!

xm6bc.jpg

I don't like either of these guys a whole lot, but I found this hilarious the first time I saw it.

Bask in the glory!

I've seen the light and put two and two together. Fishey, I know who you are. You're a troll that got run off that other board we belong to. Small world ain't it,Fishey? I'll be keeping my eye on you, young fella.

Doc.

If you would have read the entire thread I did give the Patriots their props. The fact is that the Pats have been cheating and every championship they won is tainted.

Don't for a second think the Pats were the only team using that tactic to "cheat". I am sure most did. The issue may be that the Pats were much more effective at using the information to win and got busted for it.

Ken

I've seen the light and put two and two together. Fishey, I know who you are. You're a troll that got run off that other board we belong to. Small world ain't it,Fishey? I'll be keeping my eye on you, young fella.

Doc.
You are an intelligent one Doc. There is a big difference between this board where people are respectful and that other board where, well they are not. I am sorry that it took you so long, but then again what did I expect from a Doctor?

Don't for a second think the Pats were the only team using that tactic to "cheat". I am sure most did. The issue may be that the Pats were much more effective at using the information to win and got busted for it.

Ken
Yeah, OK! The truth is there have been 2 people busted for this. If you could possibly dig up ANY evidence that every other NFL team was stealing defensive play calls, then I will stop busting NE's chops. The facts are the facts. If you don't like it show your support for a classy franchise like the G-Men or Pack. Otherwise deal with it.

If the Pats were not cheating, they NEVER would have won 3 Super Bowls by 3. The fact is that they lost to the G-Men because they had to play by the rules as they had just been caught.

Doc.
You are an intelligent one Doc. There is a big difference between this board where people are respectful and that other board where, well they are not. I am sorry that it took you so long, but then again what did I expect from a Doctor?
Not as much difference as you may think.

Doc.
Not as much difference as you may think.
Good to see you crawled out Jamie!